T-Hunting whats your go to for finding fel maps?

what's your best bang for the buck ?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    While you can get hoard level Felucca maps from Miasma I find that the best return on time for a Felucca map is via the Felucca version of the Hag's Quest. If you put together a rune book of all the potential Imp spots, carry a few things like the hat, spyglass, water pitcher, etc, you can knock the quest out in about five minutes flat. I've gotten Stash to Hoard level maps from it. Often what I'll do is spend a good thirty minutes to an hour between two characters doing the quest over and over (staggered so the five minute timer isn't an issue) and then save up a pile of maps.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited January 2021
    What level map? I use the following:

Stash - Fishing (Sea Serpents) or Hag's Quest
    Supply - Deep sea fishing (Deep Sea Serpents) or Hag's Quest
    Cache - Hag's Quest
    Hoard - Miasma or Hag's Quest

If I remember, @McDougle is a bit of a fisher... 
    -Arroth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    this might be a silly question but do maps fall directly on Miasma or in chest ?
    edited January 2021
    A Miasma chest will always have a hoard level map but every Miasma does not always have a chest.
    Jepeth said:
    A Miasma chest will always have a hoard level map but every Miasma does not always have a chest.
    that's what i thought but it will be a random facet ?
    It will be a random facet. That's honestly why I prefer the Hag's quest. I'm guaranteed a Felucca map no matter what. With (I think anyway) a good amount of luck on your suit the lower level maps tend to drop high level maps of the same facet, too. 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited January 2021
    Miasma does have maps in the corpse loot. They are Cache maps for Malas. The drop rate is the same as the drop rate for other critters, about 1:100.

About 1:15 or 1:20 Miasma will have a chest. In the chest is a Hoard map for a random facet. 7 facets, so you have a 1:7 chance of the map being a Felucca Hoard. 

As Jepeth says, the Hag's quest is really the way to go if you want just Felucca Maps.
    -Arroth
    yeah i spent day fishing and the RNG decided i would only get SOS today not maps so hag quest it is ! I've never done it so i guess its time to learn !
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As long as you return to the Felucca hag at the various stages, all the quest parts can be done in Trammel, you will get a Felucca map.