Returned to a empty fish bowl

Hi All,

Posted in general discussion, be prudent to post here and say Hi!

Returning player from many years ago, noting the Europa shard is pretty empty!  Are many people out there?  Seems lots of players are moving to Atlantic due to it's popularity?

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited January 2021
    Welcome back! :)

Europa, beside a group of almost immortal very dedicated hard core players, today is, as many Low Pop Shards, mainly a "Vacation Resorts" tipe of Shard, for Players to have a Keep or a Castle without selling a kidney... :D

And, respect to some other Low Pop Shards (e.g., Drachenfels), it is still lively enough... :)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

The scenario you mention re players moving to Atlantic, happened a long time ago. Players are/were moving back if anything currently - due to activity levels. But yes, it did affect Europa a lot, along with many other shards.

You are posting in the middle of our working day, most players log in the evenings after work. It will be dead now for sure.

Re activity.

Tonight/Friday night at 7:30gmt is a Public Scalis. 8:30gmt is a public all out pvp Harrower in Felucca.

Saturday night is an EM event.

Sunday night is an EM event.

And a huge shard-wide Void Pool is being set-up with-in the next week or two.

I'll post some screenies up for you in next posts. :)

• Sounds amazing.

Whats a Public Scalis?  PvP I'm only going to assume Ill die instantly and suck..... is it worth me coming along r will I just get killed and looted instantly?

In terms of pvP, are there any like world wide PVP?  Fighting after keeps or areas etc, battering rams etc?

A recent EM Event.

em.png 965.2K

Last weekend, our guild invited the shard into Doom, as our GM had managed to collect a ton of skulls, and he thought a shard Doom would be really cool, and it was. Good event, in this screen, you see early on when only our guild had gone in, other guilds joined us as the night went on, it ran from about 7:00 until 11:00ish.

Re public pvp Harries, there has been 1 held pretty much every week for the past year now, these are pretty intense though, so only go if you enjoy the pvp. These usually involve 40-60 players for up to 5 hours.

Yes Europa is less populated than Atlantic, yes Atlantic probably has far more casual activity, but if you play actively on Europa, and get to know what is going on, there is plenty happening.
    edited January 2021
    THunted said:
    Sounds amazing.

Whats a Public Scalis?  PvP I'm only going to assume Ill die instantly and suck..... is it worth me coming along r will I just get killed and looted instantly?

In terms of pvP, are there any like world wide PVP?  Fighting after keeps or areas etc, battering rams etc?

This is a public Scalis - yes it is worth you coming along. :)

https://www.uoguide.com/Osiredon_the_Scalis_Enforcer

• amazin! Your screens looks crazy!!  I use enhanced..