This is the last time I will do the Virtue Quest for that silly tile

I did not get the one I needed, and I am not doing this quest again.  I have spent real dollars for gold Sov's to purchase Myst's tokens to make new characters, I then move those characters off shard to shards where I needed for EM events.  A sort of I lose but still win thing.  I ask @Mesanna about allowing us to turn in for a trade.  Her reply is no, they will NOT do that and the community will assist with getting the tile I need, SO for weeks I have asked and asked, no one has the tile I need to complete the collection I have now on Sonoma and since they are shard bound I cannot bring in one from another shard that I know for sure where I can get it.  I really love all the support @Mesanna here on our small shard of Sonoma, thank you.  

And if there is anyone on Sonoma that needs one of the extras I have in the gold box you can have it free.  I can still hope that I will get the tile I need.   *SACRIFICE*  

Again thank you

*Feel free to lock this if you think I went out of bounds*
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Drakelord said:

I did not get the one I needed, and I am not doing this quest again.  I have spent real dollars for gold Sov's to purchase Myst's tokens to make new characters, I then move those characters off shard to shards where I needed for EM events.  A sort of I lose but still win thing.  I ask @ Mesanna about allowing us to turn in for a trade.  Her reply is no, they will NOT do that and the community will assist with getting the tile I need, SO for weeks I have asked and asked, no one has the tile I need to complete the collection I have now on Sonoma and since they are shard bound I cannot bring in one from another shard that I know for sure where I can get it.  I really love all the support @ Mesanna here on our small shard of Sonoma, thank you.  

And if there is anyone on Sonoma that needs one of the extras I have in the gold box you can have it free.  I can still hope that I will get the tile I need.   *SACRIFICE*  

Again thank you

*Feel free to lock this if you think I went out of bounds*
    @Drakelord definitely not out of bounds. Shardbound should never have happened.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    On Chessy, most people are searching for honesty tiles. I did the quest as many times as I could just to get more tiles to help others. ( I still have no desire for a set of these.) I have 2 sacrifice tiles just sitting in a box in case any one on Chessy ever wants it. Shard Bound is awful for sets such as these.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited January 2021
    I completed a second set trying to get the first set.  Luckily, I never skill all my toons and I do not use all 7 slots because I travel and want to have a spot open to bring in a toon. So I have a blank spot to make a toon and put 100 melee skills on, used the dragon slayer sword and was able to get a new tile each week just from that spot.

Since a lot of things are 1 per toon or shard bound, I have adapted by having a throw away spot to use on two accounts.  One has mage on their soul stones the other has melee.

I still have not found a spot I would like to place these things, so they live in a container now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408

yeah really stupid...if you want to get those one time per character shit...you need to have a character to be deleted each weak and recreate one it s easy for mage with all the + skills stuff for magery in the game...with a new character with 50 magery with = skills magery items you can get credit very easy with a second eprson or account helping

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    To my opinion, this has gotten nothing to do with Shard Bound.

The easy fix would be permitting characters to do the Quest more then 1 time.

OR, even better, permit Endless Journey characters to do the quest so, players who needed some tiles, could just make a Endless Journey character and go get the Quest done on that one....
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Another fulgid example of the usefulness of Shard Bounding items. :#
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

I need humility & spirituality for myself & Brig.
    And Brig also needs sacrifice.
    All this holiday content kept me so busy that I haven't had time to do this.
    I may need your help again with doing this.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I gave two tiles away, still have the four in the box, extras I cannot use, or trade.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598

I need humility & spirituality for myself & Brig.
    And Brig also needs sacrifice.
    All this holiday content kept me so busy that I haven't had time to do this.
    I may need your help again with doing this.
    I have a extra humility, you just need to see me in game and its yours
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Can one still do the Quest by the way ?

If so, I may have characters on Sonoma that can do it and get lucky with the type you need....
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

I genuinely didn't know this was still going, and have completely forgotten how to do it.

I will take a look, would be cool to try get another.

popps said:
    Can one still do the Quest by the way ?

If so, I may have characters on Sonoma that can do it and get lucky with the type you need....
    yes one can still do the quest.  If you need compassion sage let me know I have extra bottles, I can help with suits, jewelry, just need to know if human/elf male, female, garg.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    Hi Drakelord, I made a char and going to do this quest and see what i get for a tile for you, If you want to assist me in anyway that be cool, Other wise i be a neebie running around till its done :)   or till someone else gets the tile for you :)
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited January 2021
    I started on a first set.... then got so much extra tiles I started on a second set...
    Then on the second set got so much extra tiles I started on a third set....
    Then on third set Im still missing three, but got so much extra tiles I started on a fourth set...
    Then on the fourth set Im still missing four, but got so much extra tiles I started on fift set....
    Then on fift set I got so much extra tiles I started on a sixt set...
    Then I started on a six, and here we are!

All tiles on Europa shard.
    Id like to complete 3 sets, so missing a Valor tile, Justice tile and a compassion tile.
    All parts from set 4,5,6 are extras Id like to trade (this would be Humility, Honor, spirituality and honesty.

I swear, I will not do this quest one more time.... thats what I said and here we are :D

For referene for the devs: Sets with different parts that are ment to be traded in order to complete the whole set should not be shard bound OR an NPC should be there to trade.

Goldie said:
    Hi Drakelord, I made a char and going to do this quest and see what i get for a tile for you, If you want to assist me in anyway that be cool, Other wise i be a neebie running around till its done :)   or till someone else gets the tile for you :)
    Drakelord#5598

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    hi Drakelord not sure what the number means sorry
     as i said i made a neebie char and will get as much done of this quest as i can to get the tile, i do not have chars on Sonoma, so this will be fun :)    
    That is my Discord ID.  If you in game shout in general chat for me if I do not see it others will and they can message me.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    How hard is the quest?

Thank you Goldie for all your help today
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Congrats!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    How are people doing the EV? I could not make a dent in it with my mage.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Best way is to ask a samp or tamer to help so they can tank. Use an elemental slayer spellbook and fireball away.
    TimSt said:
    It is immune to energy attacks.  So no vortex.  Just machine gun fireballs at it with a pet tanking it.
    Pets get greatly gains from them so tamers use them a lot.
    TimSt said:
    It helps to have a couple friends, a sammy and a tamer helped me for my last one.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    King_Greg said:
    How hard is the quest?

of the mini quests for the items needed, the hardest ones are 
    Dupre, Katrina & Geofreys.

Dupre wants you to kill an unbound energy vortex.
    Katrina wants you to kill 50 trogs. 
    Geoffrey wants you to kill 40 drakes, 20 dragons, and 5 greater dragons.

if you have low level magery...
    use blade spirits to kill trogs.
    and when doing the UEV with others, 
    use scrolls for earth elementals, be sure to tell them to kill the target.

And its random which tile you will get.
    Ya I used a mage/fisher, casting earth Ele's for the last tile.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    Good job, Goldie!
    hi oh no no I just went there and tryed to get the one he needed :) 

Him and his friends were very helpful didn't take long at all to do the quest.  He made me gear and got a spell book and gold and woow my neebie char got it done :)     

No I did not get the right tile for him. 
    Goldie said:
    hi oh no no I just went there and tryed to get the one he needed :) 

Him and his friends were very helpful didn't take long at all to do the quest.  He made me gear and got a spell book and gold and woow my neebie char got it done :)     

No I did not get the right tile for him. 
    But you did come to mine aid @Goldie.  And for that I am very grateful.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    your welcome :)     was fun