New Feature: Ancient Apparition (boss)

This is a special boss that can be summoned by chanting 3 spells (you type and say them) at any graveyard with a special summoning candle you put on the ground. But instead of spawning, it's initially hidden somewhere in the graveyard. To reveal him you need legendary detect hidden skill. Once you detect it, it will move and hide again. You need to do this three times, it then appears and you can fight it.

The boss is a necromage on steroids. All graveyard spawn becomes the Ancient Apparition's minion army, with significant bonuses to stats and walking speeds (running zombies, shooting shades, etc.). The AA's life force depends on the minions, the more of them you keep dead (he resurrects them when they are killed), the more damage the AA takes. With all minions alive, he barely takes damage. When he reaches 50% HP, a new boss phase starts where he starts using reinforced mass versions of necro spells: strangle, pain spike, etc. 

The loot is awesome, of course. There is a rare for him to have a "Chest retrieved from an Ancient Apparation from [Graveyard town name] which contains amazing stuff.

(Screenshot is from the Super Nintendo RPG Secret of Mana. It's Thanatos, the pre-final boss)

A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Sounds good. What I like the most: Anyone could do this at any graveyard with whoever is around. No hours of group building, no hours of key farming, no need for party, ... just like Scalis basically.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    edited April 2018
    Yep! It is supposed to be like Scalis in that sense. Of course it needs to be fleshed out more, I just provided a basic sketch of the idea. Glad you like it. :)
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    I like these sorts of ideas.  I would, however, like to see lesser used venues incorporated into an idea like this.  Graveyards already have events like Halloween.  What if this were done for those neglected undead haunts like the undead ruins around Trinsic or that undead hut north of Delucia and west of Papua?  There are undead ruins north of the Humility Shrine Ilshenar that rarely get visited and undead ruins south of the Exodus Minion mining camp.  Those are areas I would suggest utilizing for an idea like this.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    They could also just put those mechanics on the Slasher and have a win-win.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    InLor said:
    ... To reveal him you need legendary detect hidden skill. Once you detect it, it will move and hide again. You need to do this three times, it then appears and you can fight it.

Minor nit -- I don't think there are power scrolls for Detecting Hidden, so you would need grand master skill. Otherwise, sounds cool!

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
    Rock said:
    InLor said:
    ... To reveal him you need legendary detect hidden skill. Once you detect it, it will move and hide again. You need to do this three times, it then appears and you can fight it.

Minor nit -- I don't think there are power scrolls for Detecting Hidden, so you would need grand master skill. Otherwise, sounds cool!

Ah, figures. I've never, ever used the detecting hidden skill. :)
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    Troll?
    Gandalf said:
    Troll?
    Autobio?