whats better than opening up a holiday gift and hoping for a rare color box?

4 paragon ogre lords killing you over and over.  thank the virtues 2020s almost over.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yeah, with these paragons I think that the Developers went a bit too far...

Apparently, to some it looks like that the more death robes the more fun it spells...

Go figure....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    popps said:

Apparently, to some it looks like that the more death robes the more fun it spells...

Go figure....
    This coming from the person that created a post saying he wants to increase this type of content to cover ALL of Britannia instead of just a single dungeon. 

Go figure...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Dang yall turned every Ogre spawn to Paras.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    popps said:

Go figure....

Ice is much easier than Deceit was. I've only died 5 or 6 times in Ice, over 150 in Deceit.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    keven2002 said:
    popps said:

Go figure....
    This coming from the person that created a post saying he wants to increase this type of content to cover ALL of Britannia instead of just a single dungeon. 

Go figure...
    I said the content, not the current Design of Paragons...

I already said that they were pushed too far with their retargeting and revealing "no matter what"....

One thing is wishing a Map scale spawn, another is wanting "these" Paragons in it...

On another note, perhaps these Paragons would still be OK on a grander scale Map since there would be room to move around, be able to take them 1 at a time and all that and not have to deal with them in tight quarters with spawn, included more Paragons, popping up right next to where one is already fighting a Paragon...

A tough foe can still be OK if one has room and time to focus on that tough foe only, and not have to count in also side spawn popping up around all the time....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    they need to put a leash on them.
    if they travel too far from the spawn point, it needs to bounce back.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    They hit to hard. Am the only one sometimes and they one hit me no point in soloing it if its healed back 100percent buy the time I get back to it.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    i adjusted my sampire specifically to live thru paragons, human, mostly plate suit, had to drop chiv and add healing.  about 50 skill on items.  it still get insane when theres multiples and usually not worth killing so theyve been building up.

Danpal said:
    They hit to hard. Am the only one sometimes and they one hit me no point in soloing it if its healed back 100percent buy the time I get back to it.
    The problem is that they build up way too fast, most people simply skips them and they easily build up.

I think some changes are necessary.

# 1 there should be a CAP to the number of Paragons that can spawn in a given area ;

# 2 they should have a timer whereas, if after say 15 minutes that they spawned they are not killed, they vanish and normal spawn gets spawned to their place.

Also, their targeting and retargeting is ridicolous, totally out of whack, not to mention their revealing "no matter what", through walls and what not....

Seriously, is someone truly thinking that "fun" is directly related to the amount of death robes that players can amass when going to an Event ?

Really ?

It gets old, and quite aggravating after a while..... not to mention the royal waste ot one's own playing time.

I thought that the goal was to get more players to play UO, not actually get to loose more of the current players because these Events keep repeating themselves with aggravating and annoying Paragons on steroids.....

Oh well, go figure........
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Thing is people just don't learn.  I can run that dungeon for HOURS on end solo and not generate one single paragon arctic ogrelord or white wyrm on my quiet shard.   (Yeah I can solo kill em but they aren't worth the time)  So the logical thing is don't kill the regular ones to start with and  you won't spawn a para.   The other paras are pretty easy (time wise) to take out so not an issue. The standard ogres and wryms are easy to run away from as neither mob is very fast so there is no excuse for killing them and spawning paras other than greed to kill as many as possible. 

I just run the dungeon until other ppl show up and start killing them and spawning paras all over the place, then I leave.  Pretty much every archer type on my shard comes to the dungeon, kills everything in sight, spawns a bunch of para ogrelords and wyrms then they can't deal with em. I got sick of clearing them up so now I don't bother, I play til they show up and leave. They then have to leave as they can't solo em.   You get more drops not mucking about killing those paras but they just don't learn. 

I average 20 drops an hour without killing any arctics or wyrms.   Not that I am playing it much now anyways, can only take so much boredom and I picked up 3 books already which imo is the only thing worth getting.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    MissE said:
    I average 20 drops an hour without killing any arctics or wyrms.   Not that I am playing it much now anyways, can only take so much boredom and I picked up 3 books already which imo is the only thing worth getting. 
    @MissE

Out of curiosity, what Template did you find most effective for your farming of drops ?
    popps said:
    MissE said:
    @ MissE

Out of curiosity, what Template did you find most effective for your farming of drops ?

Sampire.  120 swords, parry, bushido, 100 tactics, necro, 90 chiv, 70 resist spells.

Cheers MissE

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
     :D

...and let the latest "Sampire needs nerfed" thread begin 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    keven2002 said:

Was just thinking the same lol
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    No!
  • It’s been a few days since the latest novel was written. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    It’s been a few days since the latest novel was written. 

are.... we..... actually.... missing..... him...……. ?

lol :D

keven2002 said:

There is no need at this point.

It is so obvious and before anyone's eyes that it really would be redundant for me to repeat it.
    Anyone can run a sampire so why @Popps dont you have one?   Take you a week to train one.

You don't need any special gear, anyone who has been playing for over a year has the ability to fit out a sampire. And NO you don't need cameos' or slithers my sampire has NONE.   She does perfectly well.

I have one or more of EVERY kind of template.  I play my tamers a lot more than my sampire, in fact I rarely use my sampire.   If you don't have one then that is your fault.

Sampires are not the be all and end all.   I use the template best suited to any event.   Em events I use my mystic mage, other stuff, roof etc i use my tamers, this kind of event I use my sampire. 

Cheers MissE

MissE said:
    Anyone can run a sampire so why @ Popps dont you have one?   Take you a week to train one.

You don't need any special gear, anyone who has been playing for over a year has the ability to fit out a sampire. And NO you don't need cameos' or slithers my sampire has NONE.   She does perfectly well.

I have one or more of EVERY kind of template.  I play my tamers a lot more than my sampire, in fact I rarely use my sampire.   If you don't have one then that is your fault.

Sampires are not the be all and end all.   I use the template best suited to any event.   Em events I use my mystic mage, other stuff, roof etc i use my tamers, this kind of event I use my sampire. 

The point is not to have one, of course everyone can have one....

The point is about Event mechanics that, one way or the other, mostly always favour the same Template and, thus, most players get to play "that" Template and not others because "that" Template is the "one that works" the best....

And Event after Event, people get to play mostly the same Templates because they are those who, because of Designed mechanics, "work the best", most always....

It is an issue of game balancing and of diversity, to my opinion....

Some player want to play with the Template that they enjoy, and not be forced to have to use another one because theirs was nerfed (see Tamers, Rogues, Bards....) and another one (see Warriors) was let to thrive and prosper...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    We are not going down this 'rabbit hole' again.
This discussion has been closed.