A question for the DEVs

I see Dark age of Camelot gets monthly in game store money. Why don't we?
From there web page.

Monthly Mithril Bonus to Subscribers

Posted by John Thornhill | 2020 Dec 21 09:59 -0500 GMT
A new monthly Mithril bonus has been added to all subscription packages!

• Every subscribed account will now receive this bonus mithril currency automatically every month their subscription is applied or renews!
    • 1 month subscription package: 100 bonus mithril
    • 3 month subscription packages: 125 bonus mithril each month
    • 6+ month subscription packages: 150 bonus mithril each month
    • Bonus mithril will be automatically deposited 72 hours after a subscription is initialized or renewed.
  • Any accounts that were currently subscribed on December 18th will receive their bonus mithril for this current month and will receive it going forward on that subscription's renewal!
    • For example, a 3-month account subscription that was initiated on December 1st, 2020 will receive their 125 mithril bonus for the first month now, then will get their second month's 125 bonus mithril on January 3rd 2021 (72 hours after their renewal date) and their third month's 125 bonus mithril on February 3rd 2021.
We should get some love as well.

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2020
    (...)

Love? Isn't it clear yet? We UO players are the "b*****d sons" that deserve only a good trashing nerfing now and then.

PS: This year, beside no Token, no Snow & SBind even the used toilet paper rolls, there isn't even a discount in the UO Store.

Love, yeah, sure... :D
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Looks like that was just added less than a week ago and my guess is that it was done due to lack of subscriptions?

UO might do something similar but I doubt it will.... I think they count EJ accounts as subscriptions so everything is justtttt fineee  >:)
    keven2002 said:
    Looks like that was just added less than a week ago and my guess is that it was done due to lack of subscriptions?

UO might do something similar but I doubt it will.... I think they count EJ accounts as subscriptions so everything is justtttt fineee  >:)

:D ;)
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Ivenor said:
    (...)

Love? Isn't it clear yet? We UO players are the "b*****d sons" that deserve only a good trashing nerfing now and then.

PS: This year, beside no Token, no Snow & SBind even the used toilet paper rolls, there isn't even a discount in the UO Store.

We did have a sale earlier on two items was Gothic pack and rustic pack where both 50 percent off day after Thanksgiving.  To bad I had them already.
    Danpal said:
    Ivenor said:
    (...)

We did have a sale earlier on two items was Gothic pack and rustic pack where both 50 percent off day after Thanksgiving.  To bad I had them already.

So, 50% discount on 2 (*TWO*) items for even a whole day (and, correct me if I'm wrong, not a peep on it on the UO.com News page)? WOW, I'm astounded! :D
    Ivenor said:
    Danpal said:
    Ivenor said:
    (...)

So, 50% discount on 2 (*TWO*) items for even a whole day (and, correct me if I'm wrong, not a peep on it on the UO.com News page)? WOW, I'm astounded! :D
    Was more like a a few hours was there then it was gone a few hours later think someone said something and it was taken down. Lol
    @Mesanna, @Kyronix 

Are there any plans for us to get something like this? Or are we just out of luck.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What do their subs costs compared to ours?
    What can you buy in their in-game store and at what cost?
    look at their costs for their coins compared to ours.

I looked at their page and I get the impression that a lot of their stuff is a play to win type of goods and to use some of the stuff you have to be a certain lvl.

I found info on a mount that costs $20 and you have to be a certain lvl to use unlike our mounts that can be used by any lvl/age player.
    So, the difference is that DAoC is an "in house" PtV game. B) :D
  • Danpal said:
    From there web page.

• Every subscribed account will now receive this bonus mithril currency automatically every month their subscription is applied or renews!
      • Bonus mithril will be automatically deposited 72 hours after a subscription is initialized or renewed.
    • Any accounts that were currently subscribed on December 18th will receive their bonus mithril for this current month and will receive it going forward on that subscription's renewal!
      • For example, a 3-month account subscription that was initiated on December 1st, 2020 will receive their 125 mithril bonus for the first month now, then will get their second month's 125 bonus mithril on January 3rd 2021 (72 hours after their renewal date) and their third month's 125 bonus mithril on February 3rd 2021.

No, this is not DAOC, two completely different monsters.  People are always crying how crippled the economy of UO is, bringing something like this in will just make it worse.  What works for one does not necessarily work for others.  Vet rewards already f*ck the community massively (see transfer shields).
    Danpal said:
    From there web page.

No, this is not DAOC, two completely different monsters.  People are always crying how crippled the economy of UO is, bringing something like this in will just make it worse.  What works for one does not necessarily work for others.  Vet rewards already f*ck the community massively (see transfer shields).
    There both owed by the same company. If anything it might bring down the price of items.  

Won't need to spend 65 to 100mil for soulstone. Save up for one. I can see it dropping prices to at lest half if not more. Maybe only 25mil for soulstones then. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Spend the money that you save on the difference in subs in the UO in-game store and you will find out it is almost the same.  DAoC costs more per month than UO.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Bilbo said:
    Spend the money that you save on the difference in subs in the UO in-game store and you will find out it is almost the same.  DAoC costs more per month than UO.

Its $2.00 a month more and Id like UO to put things they have in our store and give Sovereigns.

Wings r cool!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Danpal said:
    From there web page.

This is Ultima Online.  You can bet your sweet bippy that if they started doing this for us, it would be offset by a soon to follow increase in price on store items...

Be happy with your overpowered paragons mobs in Ice, and enjoy the snowy hedges.  It's all ya gettin
    edited December 2020

Danpal said:
    From there web page.

This is Ultima Online.  You can bet your sweet bippy that if they started doing this for us, it would be offset by a soon to follow increase in price on store items...

Be happy with your overpowered paragons mobs in Ice, and enjoy the snowy hedges.  It's all ya gettin

The snowy and, the Hell only knows WHY, SHARDBOUND hedges.