Getting rid of curses

Which options NecroMage has to getting rid of curses?

Looks like we don't have an analog for Remove Curse or Cleansing Winds.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Enchanted apples.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903

https://www.uoguide.com/Library_Talisman_-_The_Life_of_a_Traveling_Minstrel_Curse_Remover
    edited December 2020
    Talis have a ridiculously long cool down after you use them.

Also Talis from heartwood quests or Peerless have many removals.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i have long said that every school of magic should have the ability  to do set things travel, heal, etc etc 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • why though? If every skill does the same then there's no reason to have different skills. Every skill has it's pro's and con's.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    well lets just look at gargoyles with  mysticism & imbuing for example they have all the this magic power but cant recall seems silly to me  and it shoehorns every character in to being the same UO is supposed to be the ultimate sandbox role playing game i am not saying every school of magic should have every spell a mage does they should each have unique ability's but each should have the ability  to travel etc 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    McDougle said:
    well lets just look at gargoyles with  mysticism & imbuing for example they have all the this magic power but cant recall seems silly to me  and it shoehorns every character in to being the same UO is supposed to be the ultimate sandbox role playing game i am not saying every school of magic should have every spell a mage does they should each have unique ability's but each should have the ability  to travel etc 
    They will have to rework runebooks and runic atlases. Necromancers can use shadow journey. Mystics can use ethereal journey. Spellweavers can use nature journey. Warriors can either use chiv for sacred journey and if not they can continue to use recall scrolls. Or otherwise I think recall for mage is good enough. Then get rid of sacred journey for chivalry. And just make everyone without magery to use recall scrolls.
    Y'all do know you can add recall scrolls to rune books, right?  The atlas holds 99 of them. It allows anyone to travel.

My necro has used it for many years.
  • And you can buy recall scrolls at a lot of the mage shops to refill your books so you don't need a scribe.
  • In the days before chivalry or runebooks, you were forced to have enough magery in your template to get around or be forced to walk everywhere all the time. Chivalry with sacred journey uncoupled melees from magery & created an entire new branch of templates. The same would happen by giving each school of magic their own *recall*. I see no harm in doing so. Those who want magery in their templates will continue to do so. Those who only have it for a few spells will probably experiment with different options. The mark spell, however should remain the sole province of magery.

It would create havoc for runbooks / atlases though. I see no clean way to implement that. The atlases are way too big now.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    In the days before chivalry or runebooks, you were forced to have enough magery in your template to get around or be forced to walk everywhere all the time. Chivalry with sacred journey uncoupled melees from magery & created an entire new branch of templates. The same would happen by giving each school of magic their own *recall*. I see no harm in doing so. Those who want magery in their templates will continue to do so. Those who only have it for a few spells will probably experiment with different options. The mark spell, however should remain the sole province of magery.

It would create havoc for runbooks / atlases though. I see no clean way to implement that. The atlases are way too big now.
    Having magery is not for recall, it’s for invis
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This thread is drifting somewhat off course. Can we get it back on track please?
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293

Cast Bless