My wish for 2021 ( vendor search ASAP)

vendor search working on atlantic server...it s been more than a year it is broken...

search fonction in jewelry box very welcome

Comments

• Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited December 2020
    We have asked countless times since they gave us jewelry boxes for added functionality to make them worth using. The devs have point blank told us it is not a priority but is on the *list*. In the meantime, we will get a tabletop to go with the legs before the jewelry boxes get fixed.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    when you combine the broken tabletop with broken legs you'll get a new searchable jewelry box!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    What I would really, but REALLY love is a Weapons rack that can hold 500 Weapons but count as 1 (like a jewelley box) and an Armor Armoire that can hold 500 Armor pieces but count as 1 (like a jewellery box).

Both, with a search function like the one we have for vendor Search whereas we can put in the properties we are looking for and the items having them would come up....

I would also love to see way more items which are still currently not stackable be made as stackable as well as those that are currently "supposedly" stackable but at times do not stack get fixed so that they always stack....

Oh, and if the Developers feel really generous, I'd also love to see as made available a new House and Storage increase be purchaseable for real money....

The last one was made available in 2010 with High Seas which gave +20% so, after 10 Years, considering the TONS of items which have been introduced in the game Event after Event, Year after Year (hell, JUST the Tears of the Dragon Ilshenar Spawn introduced some new 64 Statues to collect....and that is only ONE Event lasting moreless a month.... think what was introduced in Ultima Online in 10 Years.....), I would say that it is about time that we get another House and Storage increase...

Besides, it would be REVENUES for Ultima Online.... so why not '
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Fortis said:

vendor search working on atlantic server...it s been more than a year it is broken...

search fonction in jewelry box very welcome

There is a long wishlist + buglist, but I guess they are busy with legacy server.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    agree to popps's comments. 
  • Costumizable Keep Plots :* o:) <3
    and yes... agree to popps too ... (finally he brings up some sensible thoughs)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I agree with Popps as well here.

Weapon rack: I love using different weapons and seeing how good they are in different situations. It’s one of the funnest things about combat I like in this game. I have accumulated a good amount of weapons for my characters, not even mentioning working on “libraries” of slayer weapons. Having a weapon rack that is 1 lockdown would be great. Works like jewelry box and has a search function. 

Armor armoire: This would also be great to have. I often accumulate a lot of major and legendary artifact armor. I typically save the legendary stuff for my characters to use and often hang onto majors to potentially sell. Would be good to not have to stress over storage here. 

Perhaps a bookshelf that can store spell books as one lockdown would be good as well, unless the weapon rack would accept them. Mainly this would be nice for artifact spellbook collecting but also slayer spellbooks. 

Emphasizing that these would NEED a search function. If we can’t get these anytime soon, I’d like to at least see the jewelry box getting a search function. It’s great you can store 500 pieces in it but if you’re looking for 1 specific thing, good luck with that. 

Stackable objects needed: yes. Some thing are exterminating storage from not being stackable. There is NO reason why some items cannot be stacked. Perhaps a thread made for the sole purpose of making a list of these items would be helpful to the devs. 

Beyond this, I think the devs should really focus on eradicating LONG STANDING bugs that drive people insane on a daily basis. 
  • Weapon rack: A *weapons rack* would be a house add-on container. You guys keep your characters weapons at your house? The only weapons I keep at my house are those prepared for imbuing. I.E. 100% fire, energy, etc. Each one of my characters has their own set of armor/weapons that are kept on them or in the bank. Rarely do they share (cameo for example). The most important things in this game are what you use day to day. Houses fall when the money runs out.  Stuff in the bank is there until the game shuts down.

A weapon or armor rack that is a house only add-on would be incredibly short sighted. What is needed is a special container that can be *secured* at a house or used in a bank box with searchable functions.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    Main fix for vendor search is this :
    • Add filters for 'PowerScroll, Alacrity Scroll, Trans Scroll, Token'
    • Then for above you can select the type and then say 'magery' as skill and results are super fast because those two are indexed fields - This will take 80% of the load off the server. So much of VS is used to search PowerScrolls and Trans scrolls. 
    • Make an other category to filter everything that is not one of the items above or armor or ring/brace. 
    • Then when text searching for 'Great Lakes' or something its not text searching all the database - just items tagged as 'other'. 
    • When you list trans scrolls allow a sort by size (.1, .2, .3 etc) and also calculate 'gp per .1'.  That would be a huge help. 
    • Make 'Magic Level' an indexed and filtered field (IE Legendary, Minor Magic, Major Magic etc).  People search on 'Legendary' items all the time and it doesn't need to be a text search. Should be a sortable indexed field. 

Seriously - I'm a data guy. This is my career.  Just put me in touch with the developer for VS and give me a day or two and I'll update the table and fix this thing.  Its like 70% there but the last 30% is killing it.  Needs fixed.  I'm sure the DB is getting thrashed with all these pure text searches and it doesn't need to be this way. 

Remember you can tune a database but you can't tune a fish. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Weapons Rack and Armor Rack would be a good thing...

Right now, when I want to put an outfit together,
    I have to go to every single box/bag in order to find what I'm looking for.
    And usually give up looking for the item and check VS.

Just this week i was looking for gloves and couldn't find it.
    so I purchased one from vendor search.
    Not even 10 mins later I find one, when i was looking for something else.

if we had these kind of containers, then I could find it lot quicker.
    with or without a search function, these containers would make a difference.

============

Example: just recently a friend asked if I had a ring.
    And within 10 mins I found it.
    Before the jewelry box, I would never have found it.
  • The VS really needs to be like other more modern MMO auction houses with the drop down filters, categories, etc. I can search with very specific text terms (such as the exact name of the item) & the *the search is too vague* message comes up. Then I can try searching by gear then stat & scroll through the results & find the item.
  • @Kyronix Please, please, PLEASE get rid of the screen shaking when someone casts Earthquake in EC.  Specially if we are going to have these 30 Champ Spawn events where lots of people are running around casting it.  There is currently no working way to remove it (Hide AOE does not Fix it,) None does at the cost of not seeing any particles at all.  Thanks  - Oh and peace on earth ;)
  • i came here to ask them for christmas this year if they could just fix VS but i see someone already beat me to it,i currently have 2 accounts logged on now, trying to use VS and all i get is to vague
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    ZekeTerra said:
    @ Kyronix Please, please, PLEASE get rid of the screen shaking when someone casts Earthquake in EC.  Specially if we are going to have these 30 Champ Spawn events where lots of people are running around casting it.  There is currently no working way to remove it (Hide AOE does not Fix it,) None does at the cost of not seeing any particles at all.  Thanks  - Oh and peace on earth ;)
    Agree with you there! Very annoying especially when I had a few pop's

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Since this thread appears to be kind of a wish list for 2021 how about bringing back the snow that was on the ground the first year I played.  Really enjoyed the way it looked on screen and on maps.  Living where I do it only seemed natural that it should be there in the winter months.
  • I believe there is an option on EC to turn that off
  • You can't just turn off EQ, it turns off all particles.  That means you don't see when you paralyzed and quite a few others.  I turn it off at events now but that's not the real fix, they just need to remove it.