Anyone Gonna Stop the Scripter Lvl 2 Ice on Atlantic?

Falcon, Joy, my wife, and myself all paged multiple times tonight on this guy that gates in six bots and bring them in one at a time. He is running a script with his 5 pets Cu Cidhes. His script is something like this:  Click Cu, Select Attack, Wait for Target, When monster appears within 10 tiles left or right, Select monster, when monster dies, Click Pet, Select Follow me...... over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. His pets / chars dies..... takes him a min to rez them with his gargoyle mage he bring with him. He just stands there with his pets in a line... running the script all day and night. Anyone gonna do anything? We reported all names, my wife reported all names, a char named Joy reported him, a character named Falcon reported him.... we can all clearly see the script, and GMs never even responded to my page tonight. I paged twice, in five hours nobody has responded. He is still there, I am logging out.  Wish I could post the picture. 

Comments

• PolarisPolaris Posts: 106
    He is not a "guild".... he is one player. He took all of those bots down there one at a time after they all came through the gate. He took them one at a time..... We can all clearly see it is a script running with his pets down there.
    edited December 2020
    If posting pictures or anything is against the rules, please let me know guys and remove the pictures for me. I cannot find the rules anywhere after looking. But I definitely want to get this info to Mesanna and the Devs.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited December 2020
    You cant take a warrior there and kill the mobs faster than his Cus can?

1 person can keep that room empty until paras spawn.

Email Mesanna if it bothers you that much.

Sounds like a dysfunctional Atlantic issue.  Yall cant even get a tree with a star.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    He has already clicked the Cus and selected "Attack" and the scripts click the monster less than 0.1 seconds after the monsters come within reach. Then clicks the pet and brings the pups back after they die. It repeats over and over. 

I can stand right there and hit each Ice Fiend 1 time..... I did that for a while after we all 4 reported him and paged on him, but there is no use, his pups run non-stop. He just yelled at us in all caps on his gargoyle and said he was putting us on ignore. Hoping the devs do something, it is 100% a script running, it's easy to spot.
    edited December 2020
    A pic my wife took here.... he just stands there with them all like this. Sometimes they all attack at once, sometimes he switches manually. When nobody is watching, he sets it to automatically run. You can't do nothing when 3-5 Cu's are jumping on each monster 0.1 seconds after they appear. Not even 0.1 seconds, 0.001 seconds. Then he calls them back immediately and they stay just like this..... 

K earlier someone said he had 1 toon in each room.  So, he is overkill just doing the entry. Yup 4 Cus or 1 player with a slayer will kill the stuff there fast.

He could do the same thing with 1 melee toon and 1 tamer to help with paragons.

We let a whoever is in there have that room since it only takes time when a couple of paragons are out.
    I get bored after 20 mins or less and run around the rest of the dungeon.

Sounds like he is attended tho.  Good Luck.

Also the GM will not talk to you when they are investigating.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Here is my take...

I might be wrong but I think I read that he's saying "all kill" on each char before something spawns and then targets when it does; that's not necessarily scripting by switching windows and then targeting with each account. Additionally you say he dies so then he rezzes.... that feels like either 1 heck of a script to do all that and factor it all in or a terrible script that lets his guys die - in my opinion he's just playing multiple accounts and he can't manage all the accounts so some of his toons die.

That said, if he's not in each room and just near that front, the only thing hes going to get consistently is the ice fiend while you have the rest of that room. Still plenty to kill all around there. Also, if it's that much of an issue for you (I can understand if it is) then pop over to Fel side which everyone was complaining about needed to happen for ToD. I can assure you nobody is running 5 accounts like this there and if they are feel free to kill each one of his toons :) 
    Nope, sometimes 3 or 5 Cus attack at the same time, and all immediately come back to him when the monster dies. He is doing all 5 at once sometimes, "Attack" and "Follow me."
    edited December 2020
    Pets return to their owner when they kill things unless there is another target.

I would show a little more concern if the rewards were any good.  Hedges will be pretty cheap on Atlantic.
    edited December 2020
    keven2002 said:
    Here is my take...

I might be wrong but I think I read that he's saying "all kill" on each char before something spawns and then targets when it does; that's not necessarily scripting by switching windows and then targeting with each account. Additionally you say he dies so then he rezzes.... that feels like either 1 heck of a script to do all that and factor it all in or a terrible script that lets his guys die - in my opinion he's just playing multiple accounts and he can't manage all the accounts so some of his toons die.

That said, if he's not in each room and just near that front, the only thing hes going to get consistently is the ice fiend while you have the rest of that room. Still plenty to kill all around there. Also, if it's that much of an issue for you (I can understand if it is) then pop over to Fel side which everyone was complaining about needed to happen for ToD. I can assure you nobody is running 5 accounts like this there and if they are feel free to kill each one of his toons :) 
    He is definitely there on his gargoyle. He casts EVs constantly, the gargoyle is the one who resurrects the others when they die. Problem is.... gargoyle is casting EVs same time as all of the Cu owners are commanding their pets sometimes. I believe the pets are running on a script.... when he pushes "play." When many of us are there yelling at him (was like 6 people yelling at him last night to stop,) he does it manually. He turns the pet scripts on when he can only.

There is a whole other 2 page long post about this guy on Stratics I just found. People saying the same thing, that he is scripting. Then you have the same 2-3 saying "all is well, nothing to see here." 

This is how my threads normally go: I post a problem. Same two or three people say "all is well, nothing to see here." Moderator locks thread. So I think I know what is coming.....
    We can do nothing about it here on the forums.
    On LS, we are not dysfunctional.  We would have a couple players there killing the mobs with him.  Soon he would notice it is not worth his time because he is getting few drops and he would leave.

Email the people who can do something about it. But get your facts straight.  Like I said pets return to the owner after killing, you sending false accusations about him scripting all follow is not going to help your case.

He will tell a GM he has his pets in guard mode, that's why they attack.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Polaris said:
    keven2002 said:
    Here is my take...

He is definitely there on his gargoyle. He casts EVs constantly, the gargoyle is the one who resurrects the others when they die. Problem is.... gargoyle is casting EVs same time as all of the Cu owners are commanding their pets sometimes. I believe the pets are running on a script.... when he pushes "play." When many of us are there yelling at him (was like 6 people yelling at him last night to stop,) he does it manually. He turns the pet scripts on when he can only.

There is a whole other 2 page long post about this guy on Stratics I just found. People saying the same thing, that he is scripting. Then you have the same 2-3 saying "all is well, nothing to see here." 

This is how my threads normally go: I post a problem. Same two or three people say "all is well, nothing to see here." Moderator locks thread. So I think I know what is coming.....
    IBTL - nothing to see, throw it under the rug!

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited December 2020
    Why not take a look on various shards and see, at different timezones.  Sounds like a good idea to me. fel and tram.

Not saying theres alot to see, Not saying theres nothing to see, just do it anyway
    GM/devs can make up their own minds.

Just as the players make up their own minds when they see the numbers of banned people every month in the newsletter.  As a player I judge by what I see ingame not what is on a newsletter.

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2020
    @Polaris, you might be surprised at how efficient a player can become at running multiple accounts. I'm not saying this particular individual is not scripting, but to me what you are describing does not sound like a script. Here's why:

1. The player is moving the accounts individually.

2. The characters are dying regularly. This is my personal result from trying to multiclient, so I am quite familiar with it. However, from what I've read and watched of actual scripts, especially well written ones, your characters will rarely, if ever, die.

3. Multiple people paged multiple times, yet the activity continued. In all probability a GM showed up and queried each of the accounts to determine if they were attended. They were and the GM took no action. The player(s) who paged were not informed of the outcome of the GM's interaction with another customer.

4. The macro systems in the default clients are powerful (CC w/UOA even more so). If you learn how to use them, the number of things you can accomplish would probably shock many players. Customized EC can push even further, and that's without getting into all the stuff you can do with CC illegally. My point is that you can do a ton without ever running an automation script. (From memory, the macro needed to do what this player is doing, would be a single 5 step macro. That's without even looking at the game to see what's actually possible.)

Just from my own personal experience, I would bet this person is multi-clienting CC w/UOA, and has written some simple macro's which are looped with UOA. This does not look like that complex of a setup - at least to me. I mean, this player is just standing at the entrance saying All Attack. That screams "beginning multi-clienter" trying to keep all of their toons alive.

That's the level I play at too, so I'm feeling it!

(PS. The real scripts....you (or I) don't know those are scripts.)

-Arroth
    edited December 2020
    @ Polaris, you might be surprised at how efficient a player can become at running multiple accounts. I'm not saying this particular individual is not scripting, but to me what you are describing does not sound like a script. Here's why:

1. The player is moving the accounts individually.

2. The characters are dying regularly. This is my personal result from trying to multiclient, so I am quite familiar with it. However, from what I've read and watched of actual scripts, especially well written ones, your characters will rarely, if ever, die.

3. Multiple people paged multiple times, yet the activity continued. In all probability a GM showed up and queried each of the accounts to determine if they were attended. They were and the GM took no action. The player(s) who paged were not informed of the outcome of the GM's interaction with another customer.

4. The macro systems in the default clients are powerful (CC w/UOA even more so). If you learn how to use them, the number of things you can accomplish would probably shock many players. Customized EC can push even further, and that's without getting into all the stuff you can do with CC illegally. My point is that you can do a ton without ever running an automation script. (From memory, the macro needed to do what this player is doing, would be a single 5 step macro. That's without even looking at the game to see what's actually possible.)

Just from my own personal experience, I would bet this person is multi-clienting CC w/UOA, and has written some simple macro's which are looped with UOA. This does not look like that complex of a setup - at least to me. I mean, this player is just standing at the entrance saying All Attack. That screams "beginning multi-clienter" trying to keep all of their toons alive.

That's the level I play at too, so I'm feeling it!

(PS. The real scripts....you (or I) don't know those are scripts.)

I know how to use UO Assist macros better than almost anyone. All of the people there knew he was scripting. It is apparent to see from people who "were there." You were not there bro. I do not know why you claim that I do not know how to macro. This is my character setup, my char is over powered:

3-4 Cu's cannot all attack at once. You have to click the next screen, it has to take more than 0.1 seconds. He is not sending 1, then another, then another. He is sending all of them to attack the Ice Fiend before I can hit it once. I am standing on top the Ice Fiend when it spawns and hitting my attack closest hostile macro. I am clicking. I am doing anything I can to hit it before his Cus kill it... and only can get 1 hit in. My char is using Morpheus's epaulets now too, so my stamina is higher than shown. I have been playing for 10 years and can solo Shadowguard on my sampire.......

I know a script when I see one. Sometimes he does turn it off and does it manually, that is true. You can easily tell when he turns it off.

And nobody with 5 fully trained, maxed out Cus and tamers on 5 different accounts will be there with their thrower if they did not know what they were doing. He is definitely not a "beginning multi-clienter."
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited December 2020
    Honestly, he probably needs 5 Cus to get the job done fast enough. Cu Sidhes are really not optimal for the mobs in Ice Dungeon, due to the mob's high Cold Resist and Cus dealing 50% Cold damage.

White Wyrms have 80-90 Cold Resist, and 40-50 Energy Resist, yet 15-25 Fire Resist. Cus deal 30-40% damage against that. Fire Drakes/Fire Beetles deal 75-85% damage against that, more than twice as effective as a Cu.
    AOLs have 60-70 Cold Resist, and 40-50 Energy Resist, but only -10 (yes, negative 10) to 0 Fire Resist. Cu Sidhes deal 40-50% damage against that. Fire Drakes/Fire Beetles deal 100-110% damage against that. Once again, more than twice as effective as a Cu.
    Ice Fiends have 60-70 Cold Resist, and 30-40 Energy Resist, yet 10-20 Fire Resist. Cus deal 45-55% damage against that. Fire Drakes/Fire Beetles deal 80-90% damage against that.

• TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    If the Cus all attack at the same time it´s a script.

Switching manually between 5 (or maybe even 6 if he is also using the thrower to attack?) can not be done in a way that it would look as if they all attacked at the same time. And even if it could be done, which it can´t, no one could do that for hours and hours every day every ten seconds when a mob spawns down there.

And please correct me if I´m wrong on this one but even if all five pets are guarding, only one would attack if the monster aggros it or its tamer.
    Tjalle said:

Switching manually between 5 (or maybe even 6 if he is also using the thrower to attack?) can not be done in a way that it would look as if they all attacked at the same time. And even if it could be done, which it can´t, no one could do that for hours and hours every day every ten seconds when a mob spawns down there.

And please correct me if I´m wrong on this one but even if all five pets are guarding, only one would attack if the monster aggros it or its tamer.
    Exactly, it is way easier on a sampire. Nobody would be doing that, it's just insane and a waste of time, unless it is unattended at least most of the time (running many shards at once maybe?)

Possible scripting / cheating aside, I am complaining because he is going after the ice fiends. They have some of the highest fame down there. They also are dropping paragon chests, which is rare since they don't spawn in Ilshenar.

It's also clearly bothering the other players down there. There was a 2 page post about him on Stratics. And aside from my wife and I, two other people were paging on him last night.
  • Hmm, I debated posting again, but I want to consider a couple points, then I'll leave the thread.

Tjalle said:
    I think that as a playerbase we are going to have to have a better definition of "all at the same time". 

If you define "all at the same time" as all accounts perform an action at time 0.1 when a key is pressed, then you can call that a script and the Dev team considers that illegal.

However, you can write a macro (script) that activates a window, performs a command and activates a new window every 0.1 seconds (or less). Technically, this would not be illegal. Yet, if you had 10 accounts, all 10 would attack in 1 second (or 0.5 seconds, or whatever) from a single keypress. What is the difference between a bunch of accounts all attacking at the same instant, vs. spread out over a split second?

As players we would be hard up to tell the difference, especially with latency. 

Anyway, "all at the same time" really gets into semantics between parallel and serial macros. 

Tjalle said:
    Switching manually between 5 (or maybe even 6 if he is also using the thrower to attack?) can not be done in a way that it would look as if they all attacked at the same time.
    Yes, it can. Manually. Not everyone has that type of twitch reflex (I do not), but some do. It's pretty impressive to watch. 

Tjalle said:
    no one could do that for hours and hours every day every ten seconds when a mob spawns down there.
    *chuckles* I wouldn't bet on that.

A single macro set to attack the nearest enemy when it comes in range would probably be the only thing you'd need. (It would also allow you to engage the enemy before anyone else could attack it.) With the way the spawn works you could just turn the macro on and depending on how long you've set the macro to loop, sit back and watch the kills build up.

Honestly, I've watched my toon kill mobs (and loot them!) for 30min or so by himself, with one keypress on my part to initiate the kill fest (default EC). That's me though. I get bored and leave after a bit. I'm sure others would sit there for hours and hours.

Have fun all and good travels in Sosaria.
    -Arroth
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Polaris - I'm not saying this person is not scripting (maybe they are) but rather just giving you a different perspective that might be possible; especially based on the details you gave. I'd assume that is what you are looking for since you initially posted about it here on the forums and some details seem to be spotty. 

I'm not sure what else you are looking for as it seems like you started getting a bit defensive (you know how to use UOA macros better than anyone in the game?? lol) and telling people "you know scripting when you see it". As someone else mentioned, if you know that's the case then send the details via email with all proof to Broadsword b/c nothing will be done here about it (especially when there isn't player details). 

Tbh you have a lot of alternatives even in the event this person is scripting:
    • You also don't have to stay in that spot and farm ice fiends; they also spawn outside of that room.
    • If you really want to stick it to this person then just start out killing things; You can kill an ice fiend in 2 hits (1 double strike) so if you are on spamming attack nearest hostile you are going to probably get at least half the kills. The guy (if there) is going to see it's not really that lucrative and leave.
    • You can kill a bunch of other stuff in that room until a paragon WW/AOL spawns and then leave... let this person chew on that. Using Cu's on a paragon WW will likely kill at least 1 or 2.
    • You can also do the spawn in Fel as I mentioned before. If there is a scripter there then just kill them and take over.
    Ultimately, lots of options to achieve what you want. In this case, the scripter (if they are scripting) might be annoying to you but far from impacting your game play so I wouldn't let it bother you too much.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Dealing with scripting is not a function of this forum. If you feel it is going on please report it through proper channels. This thread has allowed people to express their feelings on the matter, but now it is time to end it.
This discussion has been closed.