Artisan Festival gift distribution

Three cities in and I have this artisan festival gift distribution:

@Kyronix does this look like what you would expect to see?

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Would need to know exactly what type of blanket, window, sculpture, etc in order to dig into it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    If you really want to chart this you would want to add also add what year the gift is so its easy to see if we get more from later years than earlier.  Which after opening 100s of these things, we clearly do.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Kyronix said:
    Would need to know exactly what type of blanket, window, sculpture, etc in order to dig into it.
    Here is the data split up per year.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    If you want to get your set fast...just to let you know ej accounts can receive the rewards
    edited December 2020
    That looks pretty good.  Low percentage for the first year and almost same for current, with the 17 , 18 , 19 scaled like that.

I have not done % but I have a lot of the new rewards. 

This is a multi year event if you do not get the new ones this year, you have a 33% chance next year.  This allows players to join in late and get the whole set. (I'm sure a certain poster will add a novel about why he should get the new ones at 50%)

Thanks
  • The current year should be scaled much higher than the previous years.  Also bizarre but I got 5 Scepter Stained Glass but 0 Disc ones lol
    edited December 2020
    No, there were only 8 new items this year so even tho the stained glass is nice, we don't need to get them at a 20% rate.  Before there were 12 new things each year.  RNG is RNG I got more Coin than scepter.

Next year 1/3 of your drops will be this years stuff.  This is a long term event and some have never done it so these rates allow for everyone to get a set by trade or getting.

Great advantage that these are not shard bound.  You can get 1 point in alchemy and only get 3 of the BOD types and guarantee you can buy them. Then have bring the ones you want back home.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Someone needs to buy me some transfer tokens then for Christmas *Looking at you Pawain*

For shards that can't...or won't...do this event....saying just bring the ones you have back home from other shards is like $$$$$$$$$$$

I have at least 5 shards that I want stuff from....that's 10,000 Sovereign.....I will expect that under my tree :)

I have gotten ONE gift per tree on Origin only because I am putting enough BOD's on each one to get it to stage 1. I have tried giving BODs on my other toons.....2-3 larges each so far none of them have gotten a gift.

Trying again for Skara but if it doesn't work this time I won't waste anymore BOD's.

On ATL they haven't completed a tree yet. My reward ratio there is about 50% and I'm only dropping smalls on that one.

VERY happy that it's a recurring event from year to year and I always look forward to it, my goal is to get the red ones though I am missing some of the green ones too.

• DinoDino Posts: 27
    I don´t care with how many chars on how many shards other players turn in worthless bods. I like these gifts and like to collect them. I just think there should be a reward for those who do the job of filling and dropping L-Bods en masse. How about if every character who, let´s say, contributed 100 points could choose the year from wich the reward comes? That could perhaps motivate more players to fill L-Bods. And it still remains a multi-year event because there are new gifts every year.
    Larisa said:
    Someone needs to buy me some transfer tokens then for Christmas *Looking at you Pawain*

For shards that can't...or won't...do this event....saying just bring the ones you have back home from other shards is like $$$$$$$$$$$

I have at least 5 shards that I want stuff from....that's 10,000 Sovereign.....I will expect that under my tree :)

I have gotten ONE gift per tree on Origin only because I am putting enough BOD's on each one to get it to stage 1. I have tried giving BODs on my other toons.....2-3 larges each so far none of them have gotten a gift.

Trying again for Skara but if it doesn't work this time I won't waste anymore BOD's.

On ATL they haven't completed a tree yet. My reward ratio there is about 50% and I'm only dropping smalls on that one.

VERY happy that it's a recurring event from year to year and I always look forward to it, my goal is to get the red ones though I am missing some of the green ones too.

I could have taken things from these places.  Too bad when I ask about trades nobody replies or they say we trade at the end...  You were there when I got those answers.

I made a circle Chessy, GL, Sonoma, Baja and LS.   In a random order.  I could take stuff to or from those places.  Skara is easy so I may do that one.

Also players could trade like we do tokens. 

I offered to bring things from these shards to LS but no players there are interested enough to do BODs anywhere else.  Lack of interest?

Of the new gifts, I got all but 1 red blanket and 1 red glass on LS. So without transfers, next year there is a good chance I would have had them all if I did not do other shards.
    I heard you say you were trading, I didn't hear you say you were transferring....I would have been all over that. I have exactly one more year to go before shard shields :(

Larisa said:
    I heard you say you were trading, I didn't hear you say you were transferring....I would have been all over that. I have exactly one more year to go before shard shields :(
    I am going back to each of those shards to get gifts. I have an Origin shield if u need stuff there.
    Pawain said:
    Larisa said:
    I am going back to each of those shards to get gifts. I have an Origin shield if u need stuff there.
    Yes please let me know when you are going where. I will gather everything I want brought to Origin. You are waiting until the end of the Artisan Festival?

Ill PM you on Stratics.

As for distribution, I have at least 2 of each of the new items. Some I have 6 to 10.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I am thinking of trying artisan festival this year, is there anyway to tell how many days the current town is running already? I hope not to start today and its already on the last day.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Skara is the town and has 2 days left to drop on tree.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    great lake-sonoma the tree already have a star l-s coming soon stage 4 already
  • ZekeTerra said:
    The current year should be scaled much higher than the previous years.  Also bizarre but I got 5 Scepter Stained Glass but 0 Disc ones lol
    Zeke, you know it's the UO RNG and UO math.

If something is advertised as a 1 in 50 chance, that means you are gonna do it 98 times with nothing, and then get the reward on the 99th and 100th shot...
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @TimSt - we introduced a change in Publish 109 that weighted the gifts based on the year they were awarded.  Based on your findings it appears as everything is working as intended.  The lower distribution on the current years rewards are a result of the having 2 item classes instead of 4 as we did in the last multi-year run.  
    I hit a Lucky streak on LS. 18 gifts on LS 22% were new ones.

Now 4 more servers to go....  I used all my luck I bet.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    It seems to me, that the blanket is on a higher % than the stained glass window.
    I'm hardly getting any of the windows and lot of the blankets
    I have more windows than blankets .
    RNG.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    when I posted that, I had just taken my husbands chars.
    they got more blankets.
    but when I took mine through, I got more stained glass windows than his did.
    these were on my home shard....
    other shards I only get around two each of the windows.
    I have mine all in one place.

I just did 3 on 4 shards that had full trees.  I have given a few away but the new ones look even.
    I had more + Karma toons.

• On Baja, at the end of this we'll be doing trades. I know many of you have come to visit our small shard as Angel herself has done enough large BODS to complete every city so if there's something you're missing, something you have extra of and you want to do an even trade, speak up in general chat after Brit is collected.
    And if you see Angel I'm sure she would appreciate your thanks. This is her 2nd year and most likely her last. Those of you who have worked the Artisan Festivals for your shards know how difficult and what dedication this takes.
    Happy New Year All!
    Kind Regards.
    AW