Next event ice dungeon Fel side read

it s improtant to make items drops to be cursed and not sendable with a bag of sending....

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    That is a joke, right ?

It is a well known fact that Templates rigged for PvM are, obviously, NOT fit to PvP.

Therefore, by doing as you say, this would only make the PvMers do the work and then have the PvPers with ease and no effort come and take all of the PvMers hard work.

Thanks but no.

PvPers have already it way, but way too easy, it is not necessary to make things even farther easier for them.

At least, PvMers might die as they cannot defend against PvPers but the fruits of THEIR labour could at least stay with them if they can send them with a bag of sending (which they would lose as it is not insurable....).

The Event needs to be fun for ALL players, PvMers included, and not just for a vocal minority of PvPers which always ask for easier ways to make gameplay impossible for a wider majority of players, the PvMers, who actually, with the larger funds from their accounts' subscriptions, contribute the most for the upkeep and maintainance of Ultima Online.

In the end, we need funds to keep Ultima Online going and, like it or not, it is the PvMers, not the PvPers who, being such a largest majority, help Ultima Online keep going the most.

Asking for additional ways to deter PvMers from playing the game and thus continue to support it with their accounts' subscriptions and UO store purchases, looks astonishing to me.

SO, thanks but no.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited December 2020

you can do the event in trammel and in fel so popps play where you want tram or fel

Fortis said:

you can do the event in trammel and in fel so popps play where you want tram or fel

As many have already said, this Dungeon is quite small so, chances are that there won't be enough kills to get sufficient drops and thus Rewards if one was to stick doing it in Trammel only.

It might become necessary, unfortunately, for many to have to go to Felucca even if reluctantly, if they want to get a chance at some rewards.

Trammel side could likely not be enough, given the choice of the place.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I think no matter what we see tomorrow let's just be grateful it is open in Felucca before we start demanding more. We should all be pleased they are responding to the feedback from Deceit.
  • As someone who plays in Fel, I prefer they stay not cursed. It helps create a market for bags of sending/powder - and I'm a buyer, not a seller.
  • @popps...if enough "Blues" play the event in Fel, the "Reds" will get ganked by your PvMs with the numbers. You do NOT have to play in Fel if you do not want, or play with a group and take out the reds. Quit bitching about everything. Play the game your way...or QUIT.
    edited December 2020
    jelinidas said:
    @ popps...if enough "Blues" play the event in Fel, the "Reds" will get ganked by your PvMs with the numbers. You do NOT have to play in Fel if you do not want, or play with a group and take out the reds. Quit bitching about everything. Play the game your way...or QUIT.
    As many have said, Ice Dungeon is likely "THE" smallest dungeon in Ultima Online so, it might well be that, even reluctantly, many players will HAVE TO play this Event in Felucca if they cannot get enough room and kills in Trammel....

As in regards to taking out the reds, a PvM suit has hardly any PvP capabilities and, usually, reds also wait for blues to get down in health from the spawn to land that last killing blow.... not to mention, that some players might also be using "aids" like sharing targets through third Party apps, wall of stone easy casting or cross fielding a go-go, teleporting madness and what not....

There is no doubt to me that PvM templates are at way a disadvantage as compared to PvP templates and there is simply no need, at least to my opinion, to make gameplay for PvPers even easier and more frustrating for PvM players who, being the majority of Ultima Online's players' base, as a consequence contribute the most in providing resources for the upkeep and maintainance of Ultima Online.

In short, I happen to think that it would be in the best interest of Ultima Online to SUPPORT those PvM players who provide the most funds, NOT introduce changes that would aggravate their gameplay and fun any further.....

I guess we can agree to disagree on this.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    I really wonder if they're increasing the drop points needed if Fel is opening on all shards, we will see soon. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Drops cursed or not cursed - I don't really care.

Bags of Sending to be insurable - no, this is silly. I'm the guy who farms the most, and loses the most on our shard as well.

Does Felucca Luck impact? - I don't know, they said it did on Atlantic Deceit event, and Luck was a major factor in Trammel Deceit, and Felucca does have +1000, but then we could also have to pvp through it. My belief is Felucca Luck may impact a little, and that is fine.

@popps, please do not find anything to moan about  re Felucca, we didn't even get the last event. This is not your thing, you can stay safe in Trammel - I doubt there will be too many in Trammel, especially with Felucca open.

Ultimately, NONE of these things really matter. They are semantics, unless we get into the event, and it feels really out of balance.

What matters, is the event is in Felucca, and teams that are set-up to pvp and pvm at the same time - ie a group of players who like playing together, and who like the excitement of playing the whole game, and having random things coming at us, because that is what makes our game fun - get to have a potentially really fun time. 

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2020
    Following the subject heading and not related to OP's first post:

I opine the most important thing is make new, wearable artifacts non-shard bound.
    And if they are wearable artifacts they should Not be cursed and should be insurable.

Whether the event should be in Fel or not - maybe have a vote in system created somewhere in this forum, so that legal votes from the shard to have at least 50 to get it turned on in Fel. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs