Tears of the Ice Dragon

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
edited December 2020 in General Discussions
Mark your runes in Ice Dungeon for another dynamic Dungeon Spawn!

https://uo.com/2020/12/07/tears-of-the-ice-dragon/

It is narrow halls so yes! Melee toons will be able to kill more per time.  But, those paragon Arctic Ogre Lords, Ice Fiends, and White Wyrms are sure to cause some deaths. The paragon ratmen mages and archers will let you know they are also there!

Not a large dungeon so get your runes marked while it is safe!

https://www.uoguide.com/Ice_Dungeon

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/dungeons/ice/

Have fun!

Demon, elemental,reptile/dragon, Repond/Ogre slayers!
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• Considering how tiny this dungeon is, I really hope they open it up in Fel on all shards.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Considering how tiny this dungeon is, I really hope they open it up in Fel on all shards.
    I have to agree with this. This is one of the smaller dungeons and even on smaller shards could get very crowded.

• Larisa said:
    Considering how tiny this dungeon is, I really hope they open it up in Fel on all shards.
    I have to agree with this. This is one of the smaller dungeons and even on smaller shards could get very crowded.

I went and looked and the Trader is in Fel on the couple shards I checked!
  • Imagine if they make the dungeon bigger just for this event !
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Have the rewards been listed yet ?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    Have the rewards been listed yet ?

Not that I've seen. The trader outside the dungeon says it goes live at 1am EST. So maybe the rewards can be seen then.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited December 2020

The artefact trader is outside Fel Dungeon Ice - Europa. :)

This is really great news, lot of relief, and quite happy and excited about this one. We are aware, discord has been told. They were asking me to petition again {because Deceit did almost kill the pvp felside}, but I was like thank god, they've listened, we've got it.

Hope the rewards make me want to be there, because it will be nice taking the guild there, and basically having a lot of fun :)

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Pawain said:

It is narrow halls so yes! Melee toons will be able to kill more per time.  But, those paragon Arctic Ogre Lords, Ice Fiends, and White Wyrms are sure to cause some deaths. The paragon ratmen mages and archers will let you know they are also there!

Have fun!

Will Ice Slayer tali work for the warriors?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Hippo said:
    Pawain said:

Have fun!

Will Ice Slayer tali work for the warriors?

Good point!

Ice Slayer
    (Super Slayer)

Frost Ooze
    Frost Spider
    Frost Troll
    Giant Ice Serpent
    Giant Ice Worm
    Ice Elemental
    Ice Fiend
    Ice Snake
    Lady of the Snow
    Snow Elemental
    Snow Leopard
    Wight

Ice slayer works on a lot of them!

Not covered by Ice Slayer

Arctic Ogre Lord
    White Wyrm

Ice slayer works on the easier stuff.  Talismans only works for melee or archery and throwing

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Ice slayer talisman and dragon/repond weapon it is
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    it will be good if ice slayer talisman is a reward itself. I'm more happy to exchange for one just for this event. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Both lolo's lute and Gwenno's harp been very useful!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    RockStaR said:
    Ice slayer talisman and dragon/repond weapon it is
    Everything is real low fire resist there.  You can't use your normal cold dragon weapon. WW has 80+ cold resist.  Repond works for the rats and Arctic Ogre Lord. But he is also very low fire resist.

I had 3 new weapons made. I haven't decided on the ele one.  But for there, fire is best.
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    6 items lol, 4 of them are deco, 1 spellbook, 1 ice slayer talisman., nothing is on the 2nd page lmao
    Aragorn said:
    it will be good if ice slayer talisman is a reward itself. I'm more happy to exchange for one just for this event. 
    They heard me, yay!
  • Paragon WW should appear in Paragon gold and not in white plz !!!! @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna plz overlook this! Thx!

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• If none of those deco items have any functionality, these rewards are lacking quite a lot compared to the ones we had about a month ago with "the Three" event in deceit.

The spellbook 'looks' good, but it's useless in pvp & pvm cause better options already exist without crippling your character when you're disarmed like it would be relying on this book's properties.

Maybe page 2 rewards are coming later on?  if not, this event is just going to be a grind for full suits of "of ice" items or whatever they're going to be called.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Someone said the book stats would have made a nice bracelet instead.

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    I welcome the new event.

However abit surprised of the reward list,  few items but they might add more later.
    We cant always have new OP things I get it.

As for thief I cant see anything for thieves in this event.
    Tried to steal som chests in tram /fel, just same old content,
    tried monster stealing, same old stuff.

Put on Detect Hidden to see if theres any hidden chests like the khaldun event, but nope.
    werent they supposed to, quote "add a thing or two for thieves" ?

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2020
    psycho said:
    I welcome the new event.

However abit surprised of the reward list,  few items but they might add more later.
    We cant always have new OP things I get it.

As for thief I cant see anything for thieves in this event.
    Tried to steal som chests in tram /fel, just same old content,
    tried monster stealing, same old stuff.

Put on Detect Hidden to see if theres any hidden chests like the khaldun event, but nope.
    werent they supposed to, quote "add a thing or two for thieves" ?

I instead do appreciate the limited rewards list because there still is something to work for, but nothing like the Treasures of the Undead Lords' Deceit list with all of its items that required EXTENSIVE work and time down in Deceit to be able to accumulate all the needed points for the wanted items.

With fewer items to pick from, and less drops to need, players will be able to KEEP doing the other existing, concurrant content, the Forest of the Dark Ilshenar Champion Spawn for Statues, Krampus and Trade Orders with its rewards and the Artisans Festival with its old and new gifts if so they wish.

So, I say thank you to the Developers for keeping the Rewards list for Tears of the Ice Dragon a short and limited one.

I do agree about the Thieves, but I'd rather prefer to talk about "Rogue" characters as to me, thieves steal from people or NPCs while doing dungeon chests, whether hidden or visible, is more something for a Rogue or even Treasure Hunter character.....

It would be nice to see new items stealable from NPCs and monsters or to be found in Chests, whether hidden or visible, though..... and not just deco stuff, but also items that could be actually needed, wanted and sellable to other players because appealing....

Future Events will be able to bring more goodies, let's enjoy what we have now at its fullest.
  • I like the Book -  esp. for my workers that have also Magery on their Template  ist always a nice Push-up - + 20 is even better than + 15 from the Tome of Lost Knowlegde (which I also like ;)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2020
    Can anyone provide quick link to item specs, i.e. screenshots. sorry I am not able to login for a while.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Can anyone provide quick link to item specs, i.e. screenshots. sorry I am not able to login for a while.
    https://www.uo-cah.com/pub-109/tears-of-the-frost-dragon
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2020
    Aragorn said:
    Seth said:
    https://www.uo-cah.com/pub-109/tears-of-the-frost-dragon

Thanks! The +20 magery spellbook make a difference.

This means non-mage character can use item to get up to +70 magery skill (from +65)... Any character can also use up to level 6 spells with slightly "better" chance of success, e.g. mark.

Mask of Travesty +10
    Katalkotl Ring +20
    Legendary Bracelet +20
    Spellbook +20

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Can I just say that I love these new events? I hope they keep up this schedule, with a new one every other month, even if the focus is on deco items. 
  • Forgive my dumbness, but how do you aquire points?

• Sir_Jerms said:
    Forgive my dumbness, but how do you aquire points?

Kill stuff in the Ice dungeon until you get a message that a special item has been placed in your backpack. This drop is an artifact that can be turned into the artifact collector outside the entrance to Ice in exchange for one point. 
    edited December 2020
    I like the way the dungeon mobs spawn in their old spots.  Someone can camp each ogre spot and get ogres. You can camp the WW spot and get those.  You can camp the upper and lower Fiend spots and get those.

We are crowded on LS  but it is fun!  Drops seem slow, I only got 4 in over an hour.  But I have taken on every paragon there with no death.

Over all it is fun!
  • Kill stuff in the Ice dungeon until you get a message that a special item has been placed in your backpack. This drop is an artifact that can be turned into the artifact collector outside the entrance to Ice in exchange for one point. 
    Thank you :)
    I have 1 complaint about the Rat room.  It should be full of RATS!  Normally it has a lot of rats.  This room would be a lot more fun with Para rat mages and archers chasing you around plus the amount of normal spawn.  Now there is just a splash of spawn that can be done in 20 seconds then its empty.