When is fel going to get a good look at?

DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
edited November 2020 in General Discussions
I’m fine with the spawn being in Ilsh, as it drops nothing worth a powerscroll leve but when they completely ignore the fel part of uo, that’s disheartening towards the players that love to play in fel. The deceit event, great rewards yes, but no reason why it wasn’t open in fel on all servers as rewards were shard bound. I hope that the devs heard the community for the next time they have a similar one, even if it’s not in a spawn area. Hold one at ice dungeon in both facets and please look into some change in the VvV, it’s been along time since that has been changed or even looked at for changes. 

Comments

• +1
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I would love to see more activity in Fel. I avoided it for so long but have been spending a lot of time there in the last few months and I’ve gotten into the vibe there. I made a character that only goes stays in Fel and doesn’t get any items from any other facet nor vendor search, which has been fun. 
  • The community that posts in here and other forums are largely trammel players. Its easy to ignore a whole facet (or pvpers) when you don't interact with the people that use it. 
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited November 2020
    The community that posts in here and other forums are largely trammel players. Its easy to ignore a whole facet (or pvpers) when you don't interact with the people that use it. 
    There are actually some strong voices in the PvP sub page I even thought there was a protest on-going there. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited November 2020
    The community that posts in here and other forums are largely trammel players. Its easy to ignore a whole facet (or pvpers) when you don't interact with the people that use it. 

Hello.

I represent up to 100 Feluccan PvPers on a good day, and 100's of retired UO PvPers who have quit the game.

I really do try and interact here...

I believe I have put my points across clearly and concisely, and they know exactly what I have been requesting. I've kept it polite, I've interacted.

When I was trying to request Deceit event Felside on Europa - and getting fellow PvPers to log in and back me up, my posts were shut down, I was told the Devs were aware, and nothing I was doing was really going to change anything. And nothing did change.

Like the original poster - I really hope for future events, the Devs take Felucca into account, there really are a lot of us playing there, but like you say, PvPers are just a whole lot quieter on forums.... they prefer to expand all their energy ingame - shouting at each other there or on Discord. :)

So. +100 to the Original posters request.

• +1 for Fel content
  • This isn’t me trying to start a troll post or anything but it seems like the Fel facet is being ignored. A good portion of the uo player base is fel. I’m not asking for just fel based arties, that’s power scrolls, but make an event where a guild can fight another guild on a said server. Announce that a EM event that involves pvp and pvp like a harrower. Im not good with ideas for it but the fel side needs changes with events and the VvV, I just don’t know what they are. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I agree on the Fel style content. If it's good enough (like ToD) people will do the Fel content in numbers which would help even the odds for the people that dislike Fel because they think it's all PvP.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    keven2002 said:
    I agree on the Fel style content. If it's good enough (like ToD) people will do the Fel content in numbers which would help even the odds for the people that dislike Fel because they think it's all PvP.
    I thought Fel is all about pvp and war lol
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2020
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:

Felucca is the entire game and content, played in the original way it was meant to be played in.

It doesn't have to be about pvp and war.

I play all other aspects of the game there also.

Cookie said:
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:

Felucca is the entire game and content, played in the original way it was meant to be played in.

Well said @Cookie

@Seth - There is definitely that aspect but to Cookies point, there are many other aspects of Fel. From what I've seen throughout the years of playing in Fel it's where you make some pretty good friends because it's typically better to hunt in groups (even if you can solo things) vs Tram where people want an entire spawn to themselves or act like an @$$ since there are no ramifications for people acting that way.
  • Delthor said:
    I’m fine with the spawn being in Ilsh, as it drops nothing worth a powerscroll leve but when they completely ignore the fel part of uo, that’s disheartening towards the players that love to play in fel. The deceit event, great rewards yes, but no reason why it wasn’t open in fel on all servers as rewards were shard bound. I hope that the devs heard the community for the next time they have a similar one, even if it’s not in a spawn area. Hold one at ice dungeon in both facets and please look into some change in the VvV, it’s been along time since that has been changed or even looked at for changes. 

Felucca just had a deceit event. I am sure the dev's will do more content for felucca in the future as well.

Not sure why you claim it's being ignored though when the last event was in Felucca as well as trammel.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    @AtomicBetty Fel side was open only on Atlantic as far as I understand. 
  • Delthor said:

Felucca just had a deceit event. I am sure the dev's will do more content for felucca in the future as well.

Not sure why you claim it's being ignored though when the last event was in Felucca as well as trammel.

Fel was only open on ATL and no other shards. I just want equal content for the future for all servers and both facets and some new changes to the pvp system/VvV. I’m in no complaining about the past stuff but hope the Dev team learns what we’re saying and try to make changes. 
  • Delthor said:
    Delthor said:

Fel was only open on ATL and no other shards. I just want equal content for the future for all servers and both facets and some new changes to the pvp system/VvV. I’m in no complaining about the past stuff but hope the Dev team learns what we’re saying and try to make changes. 

Ya thats good enough all the pvpers have characters on atlantic it would accomplish nothing to have pvp events like that on all shards.
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Delthor said:
    Delthor said:

Ya thats good enough all the pvpers have characters on atlantic it would accomplish nothing to have pvp events like that on all shards.
    That is not good enough. Not everyone plays on Atlantic. Maybe it would be good enough if they just closed all the servers and made one server. Then ping would be an issue for everyone. Could also give everyone the ability to shard transfer to every server without a limit for free. Or wait... Even better.... Make a free character copy... Like test server... But every server.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Cookie said:
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:

Ofcourse, it can be played just like anyone is playing in Trammel, as long as one is fine with the PVP side interactions. What I mean is "PVP" is the key difference between Trammel and Fel is it not? Remove that and associated (e.g. extra luck etc), and it becomes a Trammel. Fel definitely feels like "Trammel" if you are in a big Fel guild that dominates... One can also do Trammy activities in Fel, and get excited when others try to steal, rob, murder - this increases the excitement.

I know that excitement vs bots and AI, as I have been playing other round-based multiplayer games which does not have so much drastic rule changes over 20 years.

So back again, I know you all can do all your Trammel stuff, e.g. Peerless even in Fel, but what makes this place different is still the PVP aspect otherwise its not Fel.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Delthor said:
    Delthor said:

It's not good enough, and you clearly haven't transferred to Europa the main PvP shard yet :)

Everyone else is, catch up.

RockStaR said:
    That is not good enough. Not everyone plays on Atlantic. Maybe it would be good enough if they just closed all the servers and made one server. Then ping would be an issue for everyone. Could also give everyone the ability to shard transfer to every server without a limit for free. Or wait... Even better.... Make a free character copy... Like test server... But every server.
    Free Character copy to every shard will never happen. This would basically be a massive legal way to dupe.

People could have 20 copies of their no name legendary suit and 500M jewelry. Even if it was made shard bound; all they would need to do is sell the suit on that shard and xfer the gold back to home shard, make another copy of the character and rinse and repeat.