Crafter Quality of Life Upgrade

King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
edited November 2020 in General Discussions
Everytime I make a post on these forums it reverts back to the first draft it saves.. So annoying. 

The Anvil of Artifacts is basically useless when it comes to reforging, so I will make this suggestion for Reforging. 

Let us see the mods that are being applied to the armor before they are added, with the option to either apply them or reroll. 

Comments

• You could actually just get rid of the ReRoll Mods button and just leave the Roll Mods and apply. 

Everytime you hit the Roll Mods button, it consumes the # of charges on the Runic
  • Yes, this would be great. I hate having to make stack after stack of items that I just wind up unraveling.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2020
    I would be fine if we could add the resists after.  I was making gloves with mighty of haste.  I reforged 60.  I got one decent pair with the stats I wanted but all were not max.  No telling how many more tries I would have to make with the stats I wanted at max, or most of them max.

These crafted items will still not have the high resists we can find on loot.  Letting us add resists after reforge would give players a reason to reforge more because they would be more interested in crafting and reforging 100 pieces to get a nice piece with better resists.  Would be a reward for all the effort.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    I would be fine if we could add the resists after.  I was making gloves with mighty of haste.  I reforged 60.  I got one decent pair with the stats I wanted but all were not max.  No telling how many more tries I would have to make with the stats I wanted at max, or most of them max.

These crafted items will still not have the high resists we can find on loot.  Letting us add resists after reforge would give players a reason to reforge more because they would be more interested in crafting and reforging 100 pieces to get a nice piece with better resists.  Would be a reward for all the effort.

All they really need to do is adjust the Durability buff for "Fortified Reforging" to 255 with a max level Runic. Burn 2 more charges, almost on par with the non resist stats on a  brittle legendary. 
    That would also help reforging. More players would try reforging using more charges. Doing both would also be nice.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Allow us to us more charges for higher gains.  What would one piece look like with 50 or even 90 charges used on it.  I am still of the belief that Master Crafters should be making the Best of the Best items.  Also YES to all the above ideas.  Crafters need MORE control over what they make.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    So basically you want to remove the randomness of reforging and give it the control you get from imbueing while keeping the over capping of reforging?  Am I reading the comments correctly?
  • TownieTownie Posts: 20
    not related to reforging but a quality of life upgrade for crafters is

Repair deeds should be universal and able to repair any item. Make the default status of them at 100 skill the same equivalent of legendary status. We don't need like 5 different types of deeds it's time to just make them all the same. @Kyronix
    TimSt said:
    So basically you want to remove the randomness of reforging and give it the control you get from imbueing while keeping the over capping of reforging?  Am I reading the comments correctly?

We still have to make the piece.  Do you craft? Can you make me a specific piece with max stats in 10 tries?  If we could, then I would buy one.  Im not going to spend $100 bucks to get a 20M gold piece of armor.  We blow through 90 charge kits. How many of those do you have?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Townie said:

Repair deeds should be universal and able to repair any item. Make the default status of them at 100 skill the same equivalent of legendary status. We don't need like 5 different types of deeds it's time to just make them all the same. @ Kyronix
    I like this concept of one deed for all repair, but how should this deed be produced? Maybe it should be based on the skills on the character when the deed is made.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    TimSt said:
    Yes we should have more control of what we make.  
    legendary
    [ˈlejənˌderē]
    ADJECTIVE
    legendary (adjective)
    1. of, described in, or based on legends.
      "a legendary British king of the 4th century"
      synonyms:
      antonyms:
    2. remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.
      "her wisdom in matters of childbirth was legendary"
      synonyms:
      famous · celebrated · famed · renowned · acclaimed · illustrious · esteemed · honored · exalted · lauded · lionized · vaunted · venerable · notable · noted · well known · popular · prominent · distinguished · great · eminent · preeminent · outstanding · revered · glorious · remembered · immortal · unforgettable

Pawain said:
    TimSt said:

We still have to make the piece.  Do you craft? Can you make me a specific piece with max stats in 10 tries?  If we could, then I would buy one.  Im not going to spend $100 bucks to get a 20M gold piece of armor.  We blow through 90 charge kits. How many of those do you have?
    Yes I craft. I have over a dozen 90 charge kits available at the moment.  I don't reforge for resists because that just burns through the charges trying to get everything just right.  I reforge for luck and other things and imbue the resists after calculating, using Excel, the optimal imbuing amounts based on a selection of suite pieces.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited November 2020
    Townie said:

Repair deeds should be universal and able to repair any item. Make the default status of them at 100 skill the same equivalent of legendary status. We don't need like 5 different types of deeds it's time to just make them all the same. @ Kyronix
    Please don't take away 180 bs repair deed. I usually repair my weapon only when a few durability points are left and I'm repairing my weapon now once every 2 - 3 days due to the Deceit event. I'm so glad there is 180 bs repair deed so i don't fail repair often. 

TimSt said:
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:

Yes I craft. I have over a dozen 90 charge kits available at the moment.  I don't reforge for resists because that just burns through the charges trying to get everything just right.  I reforge for luck and other things and imbue the resists after calculating, using Excel, the optimal imbuing amounts based on a selection of suite pieces.
    Then why don't you use the tool now? It adds resists without imbuing. Also I put 5 to 6 properties on crafted items. There is no room for imbuing.
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:

Then why don't you use the tool now? It adds resists without imbuing. Also I put 5 to 6 properties on crafted items. There is no room for imbuing.
    The tool burns through real world money.  3 suites for $10 US. Imbuing is free.
    TimSt said:
    What are you reforging that has imbue points left?  You just putting luck on? A barbed kit puts 5 properties on. You can not imbue after that.
  • Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    What are you reforging that has imbue points left?  You just putting luck on? A barbed kit puts 5 properties on. You can not imbue after that.

I think  you can enhance one more property after 5.  I know its not imbuing but it does allow for overweight.

• TownieTownie Posts: 20
    Aragorn said:
    Townie said:

Please don't take away 180 bs repair deed. I usually repair my weapon only when a few durability points are left and I'm repairing my weapon now once every 2 - 3 days due to the Deceit event. I'm so glad there is 180 bs repair deed so i don't fail repair often. 

then make them all the equivalent to 180 skill or even 200 failure on repairs is dumb anyways might as well just make repairs work everytime.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Just get rid of the repair deeds all together and make the NPCs have a option to repair
  • You guys couldn't keep a train on the tracks if it was in a tunnel. 

Start a different thread if you want to talk about repair deeds. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2020
    King_Greg said:
    You guys couldn't keep a train on the tracks if it was in a tunnel. 

Start a different thread if you want to talk about repair deeds. 

:D we are all culprits sometimes, but you are right.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Of_Beasts said:
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:

I think  you can enhance one more property after 5.  I know its not imbuing but it does allow for overweight.

Yes that is when enhancing is done if you have the tool.  You can not enhance before you reforge. 
    Exactly what we are asking for with the anvil of artifacts. To be able to use it on a piece of armor we want to keep.
  • Remember when this was talked about ad nauseum while it was on the test center, and all that's was done is have the charges upped a bit?

I remember.

Remember a couple years ago when the devs asked how to fix crafting and all they did was add this mildly useless rmt item?

I remember.

Memory is the key.