Time Stands Still during Deceit Event!

I am not complaining, but an observation.  I have almost gotten what I want from the NPC vendor outside deceit.  What I have noticed is that nothing else is going on.  The vendors are not stocked.  Finding a powerscroll to buy is non  existant.  Seems like everyone and their dog is doing deceit haha.  No  one in chat asking for rooms runs or roof runs.  Nothing.  Not one Tactics scroll from 105 -120 on a vendor.  Same with many others.  Can't wait to get back to normal lol.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2020
    Yup. It is a feeding frenzy!  My pets ate all the scrolls, sorry.

You could probably do spawns since everyone is at Deceit.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited November 2020
    Of_Beasts said:
    I am not complaining, but an observation.  I have almost gotten what I want from the NPC vendor outside deceit.  What I have noticed is that nothing else is going on.  The vendors are not stocked.  Finding a powerscroll to buy is non  existant.  Seems like everyone and their dog is doing deceit haha.  No  one in chat asking for rooms runs or roof runs.  Nothing.  Not one Tactics scroll from 105 -120 on a vendor.  Same with many others.  Can't wait to get back to normal lol.

Completely correct.

3 reasons for this;

1. The event itself is an overwhelming success. The rewards from it are long awaited rewards, so everyone is in there trying to get them.

2. The rewards are shard bound. This has actually caused an issue. This means all current active players are in there having to get their own if they want any. It also means they cannot be traded via the normal trading route, so the players who are not interested in the rewards but would have farmed extra rewards for the trading market on Atlantic are not active for this period, they've just switched off.

3. Both of the above, and also not having the event in Felucca, have meant all Felucca players have been sucked out of Felucca, and are in Deceit having to farm their items, when they could have been in Felucca keeping the powerscroll market going. They are the players who would have skipped the event, and bought off the traders.

Whilst the event has caused an explosion of activity in Deceit, among those players who want the rewards - me for example, there have been side-effects. My guild of 30 odd active, are not in Felucca so much, which means there are 2 sets of correlated players who have gone inactive - the pvpers we would pvp against, who are now bored, and the traders we would trade with, who are now also bored. It's all these factors coming together, that is causing what you are noticing.

We as a guild, cannot wait to get back to Felucca, to do Champion Spawns. I've loved this event, but it is tiring after awhile. :)

Notice - there is also no Powder of Translocation on Vendors either, many types of gathering/trade are falling by the wayside as player effort is sucked up into Deceit.

• Pawain said:
    Yup. It is a feeding frenzy!  My pets ate all the scrolls, sorry.

You could probably do spawns since everyone is at Deceit.

Haha I prob could but im not really a min max player.  I get decent gear but never have done much with a sampire or solo'd any champs.  I would need help, and all the help is in deceit lol
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Solo Tamers do spawns all the time. Don't believe what popps says.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    yeah, I have friends who used tamer for champ spawn. The only question is how quick - but for some players they are not in a rush and prefer simple tamer mage. 

Target nearest, all kill, invis, read a book or watch movie. There is no armor to repair, nothing to restock... perfect when killing unbound EV... lol... can farm Miasma... etc
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs