ABC Archer Questions

Good afternoon folks!

I currently have an ABC Archer from many moons ago that's setup like this:
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
Bushido is at 90 right now, trying to settle on where to put it eactly teeting between Chiv
75 Chiv
The rest is in focus and going down as I raise chiv and bushido.
150 STR
140 DEX
22 INT

I have a handful of questions, the first of which, what's the overall ability flow? Currently, I honor my target, then divine fury then consecrate weapon and repeat. I use composite bows for armor ignore. My low INT means I only get one armor ignore off every 10 seconds or so. I occasionally use lightning strike but don't notice a major gain in dps or to hit.

I have capped Hit Chance Increase at 45 and Swing Speed Increase at 60 and damage increase at 100. Damage is 63-79.

I fundamentally feel like there is something "wrong" with the character, like I'm not utilizing it fully. I struggle with more than one Exodus minion at a time. Is there a good macro or two I should be using with a build like this? I don't feel like I have the flow of it. Things oscillate between too easy to kill and "holy crap I made it out of that alive" from how I'm currently playing.

Firstly, how's the build overall? Should I drop focus for say 60 resist?
Counter Strike: I feel like this *should* be a useful skill, but I never seem to parry (having zero parry perhaps unsurprising). Should I get parry instead of focus?
What's the skill chain I should use?
Am I just being hampered by low intelligence so I can't take advantage of skills?

Comments

• I have uploaded some specifics of my equipment here to assist: https://imgur.com/a/O967KOD

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Parry doesn't work with archery at all.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    What's your LMC? You want it maxed for more AIs.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    The bushido archer is something I could not get the hang of either.

So switched bushido for hiding as a defensive measure since an archer can not have parry.

120 Archery -115 real w/quiver
    110 Tactics 
    100 Anatomy
    120 Healing- 90 real
    110 Resist 
    100 Hiding 
      95 Chivalry
    or Stealth (105 w/epps)

Since you already have 120 tactics and 120 anatomy can 
    do 100 healing, 85 chivalry, and 100 resist.  Love being able
    to rez no fail with bandages though and had room to imbue
    the 30 healing on jewelry. Can stealth no fail in full studded at 105 for when
    the need arises to scout.

Not sure I read your stats right, but is that 60ssi and other stats what you have
    after you cast divine fury or before?

• I personally do not see wasting points in bushido unless you at least get it to 100. Max damage on honor & more benefit out of confidence. I tried the 75 (i think) bushido build & I hated it. I went back to my 120 bushido. Also if you do not have enough mana to spam AI, then lightning strike @ 120 bushido is a 20% critical chance. Until you get to where you can span AI, that could add considerable DPS between AI's. LS is not "popular" anymore due to the high end suits enabling most of us to spam AI.
  • Grace said:
    The bushido archer is something I could not get the hang of either.

So switched bushido for hiding as a defensive measure since an archer can not have parry.

120 Archery -115 real w/quiver
    110 Tactics 
    100 Anatomy
    120 Healing- 90 real
    110 Resist 
    100 Hiding 
      95 Chivalry
    or Stealth (105 w/epps)

Since you already have 120 tactics and 120 anatomy can 
    do 100 healing, 85 chivalry, and 100 resist.  Love being able
    to rez no fail with bandages though and had room to imbue
    the 30 healing on jewelry. Can stealth no fail in full studded at 105 for when
    the need arises to scout.

Not sure I read your stats right, but is that 60ssi and other stats what you have
    after you cast divine fury or before?

@Grace The 60SSI is before divine fury.

Do you think resist really makes enough difference to assign an entire point list to? It used to be OP, but honestly, since returning, I have a guy with 100 resist that doesn't seem to take any less damage than having none at all. Truthfully, I feel like my melee dexxer is virtually useless right now, having his parry in the high 90's resist at 100 and still, even at EM events like last nights, I insta die the second I got near whatever the thing was they were doing for the shard. I literally died about 12 times and I don't think I got a single sword swing off from a GM swords toon that used to be my main. If resist makes a difference anymore, it's minimal at a glance, compared to what it used to be, or am I severely mistaken?

Your suggestion for hiding is damned sure interesting though. I might very well just do that. Soulstone the bushido away for now and take up hiding, I like it.

More to the point though, before I do that, I'm going to hope someone that has figured out a way to make bushido works chips into the discussion and lets me know what the secret is. Because right now, hiding would be 100000% more useful than the way I'm playing it. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, before I find a cope. I'm sure it's me, because nearly every archer build out there lists it as a "must" skill but so far, I cannot, for the life of me figure out why. Lightning strike is spammy as all get out but seems to be the only advantage, beyond honor.

What even IS the damage multiplier for the perfection bonus anyway?

@Estel_Randir So it's 100 minimum to make it work? Maybe I should just finish it up to 100 before soulstoneing it you think?

@Xris Lower Mana cost is only at 20% I've been trying to find me someone that knows the current system to help me build an elite suit, but no joy so far. I use the luna and soleil rouge jewelry currently.
  • The maximum damage that honor will give is directly related to the level of the skill. If you have 100 bushido, you will get 100% damage increase when honor is maxed. When it is say 70 skill, you only get 70% damage from max honor. That is how it worked when I dropped my bushido to around 70. I was not happy with the result. So I went back to my original skill level.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    The maximum damage that honor will give is directly related to the level of the skill. If you have 100 bushido, you will get 100% damage increase when honor is maxed. When it is say 70 skill, you only get 70% damage from max honor. That is how it worked when I dropped my bushido to around 70. I was not happy with the result. So I went back to my original skill level.
    @Estel_Randir ;

So, with 120 Bushido one gets 120% Damage ?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865

popps said:
    The maximum damage that honor will give is directly related to the level of the skill. If you have 100 bushido, you will get 100% damage increase when honor is maxed. When it is say 70 skill, you only get 70% damage from max honor. That is how it worked when I dropped my bushido to around 70. I was not happy with the result. So I went back to my original skill level.
    @ Estel_Randir 

So, with 120 Bushido one gets 120% Damage ?

No it caps at 100% damage increase for all levels of bushido 50.0 and higher.

the only thing that changes is the Amount of damage increase with each successful hit you gain,
    starting at 5% at 50.0 bushido +1%/10.0 beyond that.  each miss you will lose 20% damage, taking between 2-4 hits to regain what was lost.  
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    Yeah my understanding is Damage Increase is fixed at what the character currently has on his stats. This decides the base damage.

Bushido honor should be damage modifier, like Eoo, slayer etc, multiplies over the base damage.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs