Dynamic spawn is not working on Lake Superior.

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
edited October 2020 in General Discussions
There are too many players everywhere and not enough things to kill. @Kyronix ; @Bleak @Misk @Mesanna
We had a lot of returners this year and many have stayed because we love to invite everyone to kill stuff in groups.  You can run a floor and kill 2 to 4 things because everything is dead. We are very efficient at killing things.

Saturday afternoon on Lake Superior is usually quiet.  But this is how it is now. There are players on all the floors.  We let new and rookie players do the first floor,  It is busy from 10am  to 2am on Lake Superior.  I go to bed then so don't know after.
There are players on all the floors, they have even invaded the Ram room.(7 ppl in this one shot.)  I could put pics of any area with players in them.

Please:
1 Increase the spawn rate.
2. let the Black Gate spawns drop these artifacts.
3. open the unmentionable place.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Pawain said:
    There are too many players everywhere and not enough things to kill. @ Kyronix  @ Bleak @ Misk @ Mesanna
    We had a lot of returners this year and many have stayed because we love to invite everyone to kill stuff in groups.  You can run a floor and kill 2 to 4 things because everything is dead. We are very efficient at killing things.

Saturday afternoon on Lake Superior is usually quiet.  But this is how it is now. There are players on all the floors.  We let new and rookie players do the first floor,  It is busy from 10am  to 2am on Lake Superior.  I go to bed then so don't know after.
    There are players on all the floors, they have even invaded the Ram room.(7 ppl in this one shot.)  I could put pics of any area with players in them.

Please:
    1 Increase the spawn rate.
    2. let the Black Gate spawns drop these artifacts.
    3. open the unmentionable place.

Hey I see my sampires bones! But everything said here is true, LS will just get busier as the day goes also
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    This is making the casual players frustrated because they put in a few hours and cant get but a few drops a day.  
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Unfortunately, if anyone with the power to correct it cared, it would have been addressed by now.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    There might be diminishing increases in the number of mobs added per player after you reach a certain number of players.  For example: 10 mobs per player for players 1 to 5, 9 mobs added per player for players 6 to 10, 8 mobs added per player for players 11 to 15. 
  • I think LS is fine I just ran through the entire dungeon there was less then 12 players there.
    edited October 2020
    That just proves it is not working. 12 players = that much spawn.  24 players should be same which means they spawn more.

Edit: Guess it picked up since then.  I just ran from start to finish. There were 12 things I killed. I got to that room there is a para poison at the door so it is full now also.  Took me 2 mins.  On way back to top was able to kill 4 things.

Also that room "belongs" to a certain player. He is very vocal in chat. He is not on.

10 mins later I decided to go clear that room since the rest is empty.   When I got there, room had new spawn because someone killed the para poison. I cleared it again, it had 2 para lich lords this time.

@AtomicBetty ; You cant just run down there and stay for 10 minutes to see whats busy or not.  I was taking a break when you were there. So do others.

There are probably many shards  that a para poison would sit at that door all day before anyone went in.
  • Felt like the spawn rate was just perfect, because honestly if it was any higher it would discourage most players from staying due to the fact that at most times, the dungeon is pretty empty of players. People always find something to complain about.
    Felt like the spawn rate was just perfect, because honestly if it was any higher it would discourage most players from staying due to the fact that at most times, the dungeon is pretty empty of players. People always find something to complain about.
    When is LS empty?  I want to use a potion.  Theres ppl there now. So Im going to bed instead of stying for another hour to get 4 drops.
  • Trying to see what the issue with LS is but having a hard time seeing the problem, I checked the dungeon again later that night and were even less people then earlier with tons of spawn built up all over the dungeon.
    And checked again this morning and was around 6 people and the spawn was overwhelming they kept dying.

I'm not a dev member but I believe their intent of the event is to give people something to do for the month not log on and get everything they want in a week then complain there is nothing to do in the game. In my opinion LS is just fine always been tons of spawn in ratio to players.
    edited October 2020
    Trying to see what the issue with LS is but having a hard time seeing the problem, I checked the dungeon again later that night and were even less people then earlier with tons of spawn built up all over the dungeon.
    And checked again this morning and was around 6 people and the spawn was overwhelming they kept dying.

I'm not a dev member but I believe their intent of the event is to give people something to do for the month not log on and get everything they want in a week then complain there is nothing to do in the game. In my opinion LS is just fine always been tons of spawn in ratio to players.

So you logged on after 1:30 am this morning you can see the time of my last post.  I was playing from 9 to 10:30 last night then midnight till 1:30.  There were few things to kill. The guy doing the Ram room was back so he keeps the whole 4th floor clear.  Then you came on before 9 am this morning and checked. One player can keep the third level clear. 2 can keep the 2nd level clear.  First floor is for NOOBs and returners. Yall must not be used to efficient killing.

Check at 5 to 8 pm tonight and tell me how empty it is.  Sunday is usually dead on LS. Football day for me.
  • I checked at that time last night and was 12 players there with spawn everywhere and that same room you took a screenshot was vacant except for the guy that ran in right after me..... no one had been in there for atleast 5 minutes or however long it takes corpses to decay so probably even longer. 

I was expecting to see 50 players there and was really disappointed to see just 12. But you were all on break kind of gave me the impression that the picture you posted was staged.

I did log on a few other shards right after and greatlakes had more people then LS but they are managing just fine.

I am not going to keep checking your shard because I don't care that much. I checked 3 times during the past 24 hours and never was more then 12. You will be alright and get the rewards eventually just keep at it amd have fun playing with others thats why this is an mmo.

edited October 2020
    I checked at that time last night and was 12 players there with spawn everywhere and that same room you took a screenshot was vacant except for the guy that ran in right after me..... no one had been in there for atleast 5 minutes or however long it takes corpses to decay so probably even longer. 

I was expecting to see 50 players there and was really disappointed to see just 12. But you were all on break kind of gave me the impression that the picture you posted was staged.

I did log on a few other shards right after and greatlakes had more people then LS but they are managing just fine.

I am not going to keep checking your shard because I don't care that much. I checked 3 times during the past 24 hours and never was more then 12. You will be alright and get the rewards eventually just keep at it amd have fun playing with others thats why this is an mmo.

I decided to check it out now. Went from 1st to fourth was able to kill 12 things.

Like I said just because YOU go for 10 minutes and see stuff, it does not mean there is stuff there all the time.
    Try now or not just live in fantasy land. I live on LS and have gone nowhere else.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    make friends each day people xhsard with shield with no fees
  • ElessarElessar Posts: 23
    I'm on LS and was hunting early this morning (Monday morning about 7 AM).  There were at least a dozen players in there, and mob concentration was very low.  I've given up hunting there other than early mornings; by this evening there will be 20-30 people hunting there and mobs (other than Paras) will be very hard to find.  
  • Lets also mention how the spawn seems to change everyday, sometimes there is no lich lords, or no rams, or no spector armors.  How about the constant luring that happens in trammel due to people not wanting to fight the paragons.  All these problems would not happen if fel was open on every shard!!!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    For what it's worth maybe that's the difference between ATL and other populated shards; there is no period of "taking a break" as you can pretty much hit Deceit at any time of the day and it's full (with the minimum player count being 15+). 

That said, it does seem like when there are more people in the dungeon clearing it that the spawn levels would be higher so running through the dungeon should yield more than 12 kills (at least this was my experience during the soft launch)
  • ElessarElessar Posts: 23
    edited October 2020
    The high variability day to day suggests something is happening, possibly related to population.  Sunday on LS, there were more paragons than I've ever seen.  It was crazy, even with high population.  Monday morning, there were almost none, and I cleared the bottom 2 levels completely by myself many times with only a couple rams and not a single poison ele.  

Sunday - lots of people and lots of paras.  Monday - very few people and very few paras.  

So, maybe dynamic spawning is working . . . sort of
  • TabinTabin Posts: 30
    edited October 2020
    I play on atlantic, the most populated server.  No issue sharing spawns with people.  There is even a group that afk in the lichlord room spamming aoe skills.  I just go to other areas.  I also notice many players come in for a short time before moving somewhere else or doing other content.

i also dont think the spawn is dynamic based on the amount of players in the dungeon/area.  The spawn seems to be the same regardless...so more players means less stuff to kill per player, which is what you’re experiencing.  I guess its dynamic in the sense that the spawn changes every day or so.  Some days won’t have skel mages or poison eles.
    edited October 2020
    2 Players on LS can keep the third and 4th floor empty of Mobs. And when they meet at paragons they kill those together.  2 Players can keep the second floor empty.

So basically4 players can kill everything constantly in 2 - 4 of Deceit.  We have more than 5 players on those floors.