Please answer our questions

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak when are going to get any answers. Please. We’ve been pleading for nearly a week now. We just wanna know what’s going on in game? Is fel going to open, what’s going on?

Comments

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited October 2020
    We know there is a relationship between Luck and drop rate. Fel adds 1000 luck when mobs is killed. Now take a look at the luck formula on uoguide, 

Example: You wish to obtain a 50% chance of more and better loot. The Luck required to do this is:
    50frac95114326262

Or, rounding up because Luck only exists in integer amounts, 1144.

Take a look at the description of glorify fortune potion:

"The potion gives you 50% bonus to all Soulbinder points (read: drop point) gained" 

Now if there is a hidden cap of this drop point bonus (let's say it's 50%, you won't expect yourself to get 1 drop for each kill if you wear 4000 luck suit right?) So what you are requesting (opening Fel) is effectively asking the Dev to give you the glorify fortune portion for free. 

This hurts the sale of glorify fortune portion, so for sure they won't open Fel on all shards. 

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Aragorn said:
    We know there is a relationship between Luck and drop rate. Fel adds 1000 luck when mobs is killed. Now take a look at the luck formula on uoguide, 

Example: You wish to obtain a 50% chance of more and better loot. The Luck required to do this is:
    50frac95114326262

Or, rounding up because Luck only exists in integer amounts, 1144.

Take a look at the description of glorify fortune potion:

"The potion gives you 50% bonus to all Soulbinder points (read: drop point) gained" 

Now if there is a hidden cap of this drop point bonus (let's say it's 50%, you won't expect yourself to get 1 drop for each kill if you wear 4000 luck suit right?) So what you are requesting (opening Fel) is effectively asking the Dev to give you the glorify fortune portion for free. 

This hurts the sale of glorify fortune portion, so for sure they won't open Fel on all shards. 

luck doesn't increase your drop-rate by 50%, it increases the chance at earning more points.
      but sure, lets go with all you just said as fact, even though it's not even close.

That argument supports one or the other...

1) turn it on in Fel on all shards.
    2) turn it off on Atlantic (the only shard with fel active).

just an FYI, the potion stacks with luck.   the potion is also much more effective without luck, than just running a max luck suit without the potion.  -of course the devs of UO expect people on any shard that's not atlantic to pay more to play the same game, #MilkThePlayerbaseMuch?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited October 2020
    All i'm saying is Fel increases the drop rate (by what amount we don't know) which hurts the sale of the potion (by what amount you will never know). For example for those who will buy the potion, going to Fel means they need to buy less potions now. 

So they won't open Fel on ALL shards in particularly those not really saturated like the shard I'm playing on. 
    Pawain said:
    Fel luck = less than my statue.
    which only last for an hour
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited October 2020
    Aragorn said:
    Pawain said:
    Fel luck = less than my statue.
    which only last for an hour

I wont be going to fel. And why do you care?  Atlantic has it with the most players.  I have used the statue and saw no difference in drops.

We need it because there are too few Mobs to kill in tram. And we just happen to have a lot of players that like to play in fel but now they are with us instead.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2020
    Not sure if it's just me, but I have feeling if they are opening Fel to ALL shards, well it may not be this event but probably next Treasure of event, we will need 400 turn ins for a 50% sdi spell book equivalent item, or 200 turn ins for a SSI equivalent item. We may all suffer in the end. That's what you need to worry even "you wont be going to Fel" and why I care. 

And i'm not opposing to open Fel to a few particular busy shards, if traffic shows load balancing is required because tram itself is too packed. But to ALL shards? that's my question even I play on a quiet shard and I will be benefited by the additional luck in the current event. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited October 2020
    spellbooks are shard-bound copies of the items we've already gotten, which happen to not be shard-bound (so they're easier to sell/trade), unless you want the 'new' books for their name.

it would be far more efficient to farm items to sell for gold and buy the original versions, then you have the freedom to play whichever shard you want with em.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited October 2020
    @Aragorn ; Who is going to farm shards like Origin or Baja to get shard bound items? Who would they sell these items to?  The ppl there that are doing the event?  Maybe returners come back in 6 months and what to buy an item on Baja, Are players from Atlantic really going to farm in Baja and wait for this returner and hope they have gold?

Who is wasting time farming dead shards when they could get 10x more bang for their buck by farming Atlantic?  Someone step up and tell us who is doing that?  Bots on Origin? Selling stuff to who?  One of the 12 players on origin?

Lets get real on not make up conspiracies.

A good way to make a profit on this.  Do like I did and sell things for double points. Sell a non shard bound bandage belt for 60 points. You get two shard bound ones. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    Wearable, artifacts that affect our character templates should not be shard bound. This is especially the case for new artifacts. 

I also agree with many posters who wrote that they will not get more to sell on their small pop shard. They will become extinct soon.

- Any latecomers who missed this event may not be able to buy them.
    - We will be reluctant to sell too cheap for the massive effort.
    - If we sell too high, very few can afford.

Unless dev team is planning to bring them back every year or subsequent events. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited October 2020
    If the events are same as TOK Treasures of Khaldun, i believe most players will be more positive.

- New items like Mask of Khal Ankur are not shard bound.
    - Existing items like PS are shard bound, which is ok.
    - Events on both facets.

I could not recall much complaints back then. 

The new events using the new backend spawn system, should provide equal if not better, user experience. 

User feedback is important.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    I have removed several comments and quotes that violate the terms of service. Please review the Terms of Service when posting on the UO.Com forums.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Aragorn said:
    All i'm saying is Fel increases the drop rate (by what amount we don't know) which hurts the sale of the potion (by what amount you will never know). For example for those who will buy the potion, going to Fel means they need to buy less potions now. 

So they won't open Fel on ALL shards in particularly those not really saturated like the shard I'm playing on. 
    Aragorn, 

That's not how maths works. 

in trammel you get roughly 7 drops in 40 mins, a potion of glorious fortune adds 50%, so that's an extra 3-4 drops. 

in fel (chaining the champ spawn), you get around 40 drops in 40 mins, so that's an extra 20 drops from the potion. This makes the potion more desirable, as you get more drops from it.  
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    For those who say they want this event to bring..PvP 
    take a look at what is happening on Atl. There is 0 pvp in the dungeon, it’s just more packed with blues than Luna.
    Reason being, there is nothing to pvp over, you get 0 reward for killing the blues other than gold, you just waste your time when you could’ve spent that mana killing a mummy. 
    Until they curse the ‘of the three’ items, there is NO PVP.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited October 2020
    There is little pvp on Atlantic fel deceit because there is just too many blues. On other shards tho alot of players are bored to death for lack of pvp, and it's not just about the artifacts of the three, but also for the pinks, the powerscrolls from the champ, on top of the deceit drops.

I am on the edge of closing my main accounts due to a serious lack of pvp , outside of Atlantic. 

• And if anyone even finds a paragon poison elemental hard you just lure them downstairs out of the spawn and wow they won't respawn. 

But i mean keep trying to convince the devs that it wont be botted and i will be here proving you wrong everytime.
    edited October 2020
    I can't see any reason to block up just one small event on one facet, if the dev admit that is the way they plan to handle scripting. Is this their official reason or mere guessing by some players?

If that is the reason they are not turning on Fel, are they going to shut down the whole game because scripting is out of control? I don't think scripting is the reason why they are not opening up Fel.

On my low pop shards I have seen players with accounts closed by UO due to cheats. There are those who macro unattended during TOT and was given warning. I don't think cheats are out of control. When you see someone suspected of scripting or cheating, can you take screenshot and report?  
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Seth said:
    I can't see any reason to block up just one small event on one facet, if the dev admit that is the way they plan to handle scripting. Is this their official reason or mere guessing by some players?

If that is the reason they are not turning on Fel, are they going to shut down the whole game because scripting is out of control? I don't think scripting is the reason why they are not opening up Fel.

On my low pop shards I have seen players with accounts closed by UO due to cheats. There are those who macro unattended during TOT and was given warning. I don't think cheats are out of control. When you see someone suspected of scripting or cheating, can you take screenshot and report?  
    Honestly there’s not even a reason to script this event anyway. People would script and bring items to atl to sell, that’s not the case in this event. No ones going to script 300 items on origins to sell on origins for an arm and a leg. No one is going to script the event on LS in the slightest but that seems to be everyone’s argument against it 
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408

tasty your Scripting point is ridiculous and yeah pvp outside atlantic is 10x better

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Seth said:

It's guessing. Kyronix gave the reason for Fel not being included in the initial launch
    Based on soft launch metrics the participation in Felucca was very low.
    https://forums.uo.com/discussion/comment/47678/#Comment_47678
    They monitored, and adjusted for the numbers in Atlantic. I assume they are similarly monitoring the other shards.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    @Mariah, that is a cop out. What percent even test anything (players and devs!). What percent of players come to these forums. I see it as writing on the wall. Production shards will be getting ignored. The money we pay is the same. Content should be the same. Another poor decision by this team just to piss off the few players we have left.
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Mariah said:
    Seth said:

It's guessing. Kyronix gave the reason for Fel not being included in the initial launch
    Based on soft launch metrics the participation in Felucca was very low.
    https://forums.uo.com/discussion/comment/47678/#Comment_47678
    They monitored, and adjusted for the numbers in Atlantic. I assume they are similarly monitoring the other shards.
    I do remember reading that but I think @Kyronix forgot that the test event didn’t work in fel for the first 5 days of the testing. It had to be switched on in LS, only reason I know this because several LS players cleared out the dungeon to find out that it wasn’t working. Always my guild would’ve farmed it and made it have decent numbers at the time. 
  • Getting back to the original point - Perhaps if the dev team shared some information people might calm down. Keeping your customers in the dark, operating on faulty logic of the number of people who participated in fel when no real rewards were on offer doesn’t really make sense. I’m very unhappy at the double standards, the favouritism but most of all the appearance of not listening and giving a meaningful response. I’ve given up on this forum almost as soon as I’ve got here.

A lot of people said on discord it was a waste of time posting here. They appear to be right. 
    @Kyronix @Misk @Bleak @Mesanna ; Please activate Felucca Decit for Undead Lords on Lake Superior.

The dynamic spawn is not working. We need more mobs to kill.  You can run thru an entire floor and only find 4 mobs that are alive!  We have a lot of participants and we love to kill stuff on LS.
    edited October 2020
    The participation in Felucca on others shards than Atlantic is low because there is a lack of incentives to play in fel and it happens that this Lord of the Undeads event is exactly a reason to go play in fel and have fun. 

Btw the scripters will always prioritize trammel everytime over felucca. Why? Because there is zero risk of being killed by a player (logic), most scripters do it afk. and as others mentionned, there is no point in scripting farming with bots on others shards where the demand is near 0 with shard bound items. So please, do not bring the scripting argument again @TastyTreats
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited October 2020
    Mervyn said:
    Aragorn said:

Aragorn, 

That's not how maths works. 

in trammel you get roughly 7 drops in 40 mins, a potion of glorious fortune adds 50%, so that's an extra 3-4 drops. 

in fel (chaining the champ spawn), you get around 40 drops in 40 mins, so that's an extra 20 drops from the potion. This makes the potion more desirable, as you get more drops from it.  
    This is also not accurate math. There is zero percent chance you are getting 40 drops in 40 minutes in Fel on ATL (Averaging 1 drop per min isn't even close). I've been hitting it pretty hard and there is always at least 1 or 2 people there and I haven't even gotten 40 in an hour (I consider myself very efficient). 

That said, I do clean up the paragons people leave so I'll give you MAYBE 40 in an hour (even that seems like a stretch) if you are have the place to yourself and max efficiency. Might be a reason people are looking to get Fel activated are ghost shards though.

It's funny how many threads this one topic has created (since all the rest end up getting closed). I think in most cases the spawn just needs to be bumped in Tram for most of the smaller shards so more stuff is spawned to kill because LS does seem to have less spawn that ATL (but they also have less players doing it on average).
    edited October 2020
    The thing is it's not just about the deceit drops or items , its alot about pvp occuring , I'd say its the main reason most of us want it activated in fel, second reason is by principle it should be on all shards , and third reason is you have more luck in fel so not fair.
  • The participation in Felucca on others shards than Atlantic is low because there is a lack of incentives to play in fel and it happens that this Lord of the Undeads event is exactly a reason to go play in fel and have fun. 

Btw the scripters will always prioritize trammel everytime over felucca. Why? Because there is zero risk of being killed by a player (logic), most scripters do it afk. and as others mentionned, there is no point in scripting farming with bots on others shards where the demand is near 0 with shard bound items. So please, do not bring the scripting argument again @ TastyTreats

You realize the reason Endless Journey accounts cannot receive powerscrolls is because players would completely unattended script spawns with rails.

The participation on others shards than Atlantic is low because it's the same group of players going shard to shard looking to kill trammel players and take their spawn no other 'pvpers' play those shards. You have yet to provide a reason why this would bring any players to felucca other then your bots. Why would scripters farm shard bound items so they can resell or use them on their own suits if they plan to play there in the future. If a player returns to Origin 5 months and wants a pair of epaulettes for their suit guess what they have to buy from you who scripted the spawn for an entire month and controls the market and you get to set the price since they are unobtainable at that time.

it sounds like Kyronix already gave the answer to your question and you only have yourselves to blame for it not being active on other shards. Atlantic is just 5-6 Sampires chaining the spawn all day. Maybe if instead of posting on the forums asking to be allowed to cheat and actually you know participated in the event on Atlantic and shown that fel participation was high then you might have had a chance to convince the dev's it was worthwhile to turn on. So go blame yourselves for not being allowed to bot on your server.

edited October 2020
    I could agree with you on Endless journey, they shouldn't be able to receive drops of deceit (of the three) from the mobs from the spawn at least, this would incite too much and yell for scripting with EJs, even tho you can page and report one of them and they immediatly get all banned, (or kill em all)  so again I don't see your scripting argument very valid here. But anyway with the dynamic system in place, on a fel facet the spawn is much lower on the others levels of deceit, than in trammel with more players. More players on one level = more spawn for that level I beleive.

There is not even one month left to the event, all we want is some fun in felucca, I guess it's really time to unsub.
    Pawain said:
    And if anyone even finds a paragon poison elemental hard you just lure them downstairs out of the spawn and wow they won't respawn. 

But i mean keep trying to convince the devs that it wont be botted and i will be here proving you wrong everytime.
    @ Rorschach @ Mariah  please remove the troll.  First he says it all bots now he says you have to move the paragons around,  Which is it, can the bots kill paragons or they are smart enough to move them?

Are there bots in tram show proof before you lie more.

I'm waiting for proof, I can show you proof there is hardly anything left alive on LS.

This is your friends 'proof' that botting happens in trammel so directly from her. I don't tell lies and I will back up anything I say with proof. So how about you show me some proof that I AM wrong before asking for me to get banned...

Umm Thats a screen shot of somebody I have never seen.  They are on pacific.  How does this prove the person is botting?  I go to that room 100 times a day and clear it. So am I botting?

Show me that bot killing a para Ram and poison at the same time there.  I do that a lot because that is one of the places players run to get away.

Still you say lies.
  • So if you’re pro Fel Deceit spawn you’re automatically a scripter? Get out of here with that trolling. 
This discussion has been closed.