I reworked my sampire suit - New Swing Speed eppaullettes

I can get a little excited excited when it comes to gear, so if stats arent your thing PLS DISREGARD :)

This new item is a massive change for sampires (or any warrior build)
Essentially, they allowed me to remove the need for SSI on 1 jewel, which provides a ton more options for that slot, and also remove 1 more stamina piece of armor. 

This is a pretty big deal.
I make my sampire suits a little different than most people, having more swing speed on the suit allows for less overall stamina.
I only need to maintain 120 stam to keep at 1.25 speed with double axe, 90 stam for bladed staff.  especially in plate, this is a very good sized stam buffer for taking damage.

i also like to keep open foot slot for easy use of arcane boots, or luck sandals.
also gives me the option to add in about 30 skill points if i need / want to (different jewels than pictured)
I did lose 1 dci, but can compensate for that with anon's boots if i want to.  ill happilly take the extra regens for when things get rough.

no antique jewels (but some very nice artifact prized ones)

OLD SUIT

NEW SUIT

Comments

• You should maximize your 44 dci and go 71 fire resist.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Smoot said:
    I can get a little excited excited when it comes to gear, so if stats arent your thing PLS DISREGARD :)

This new item is a massive change for sampires (or any warrior build)
    Essentially, they allowed me to remove the need for SSI on 1 jewel, which provides a ton more options for that slot, and also remove 1 more stamina piece of armor. 

This is a pretty big deal.
    I make my sampire suits a little different than most people, having more swing speed on the suit allows for less overall stamina.
    I only need to maintain 120 stam to keep at 1.25 speed with double axe, 90 stam for bladed staff.  especially in plate, this is a very good sized stam buffer for taking damage.

i also like to keep open foot slot for easy use of arcane boots, or luck sandals.
    also gives me the option to add in about 30 skill points if i need / want to (different jewels than pictured)
    I did lose 1 dci, but can compensate for that with anon's boots if i want to.  ill happilly take the extra regens for when things get rough.

no antique jewels (but some very nice artifact prized ones)

OLD SUIT

NEW SUIT

@Smoot

Could you please list what artifacts you are using with your suit and what legendary items ?

Do you use a regular dragon or the Paroxy swamp ?
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    @popps
    Lord Morphius' Epaulettes
    Despicable Quiver
    Enchantress's Cameo (could use soldiers medal or conjurers trinket but would need 5ssi town bonus)
    Gloves of Feudal Grip
    Mace and Shield glasses
    Corgul's enchanted sash
    Crimson Cincture
    Warrior's gift mastery (extra 5dci, 5hci, 5str, 5dmg increase)

can make a comparable setup using imbued, 2 lendary armors mostly for resists, and swing speed from somewhere, basically just wont have as many regens.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited October 2020
    Cant wait to get mine.  I want 5 of them! If I would stop collecting "of the three" suits I would turn in some points.

I did trade an old non shard bound bandage belt for all the deco items so I just need the epaulets.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Cant wait to get mine.  I want 5 of them! If I would stop collecting "of the three" suits I would turn in some points.

I did trade an old non shard bound bandage belt for all the deco items so I just the the epaulets.

i feel your pain.  i turned in alot of pieces that i normally would have kept for deco / suits.  but think im only going to do plate / bone this year.  1 pair will probably be enough for me.  i going to get the deco items, and id like to have the 2 books just from a collection standpoint but i dunno theyre really expensive it probably wont happen.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think it depends on individual gear. I tried to fit into my template the other day but it did not work quite well. Ideally overall stats should increase but in my case its just "moving" stats around.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    I think it depends on individual gear. I tried to fit into my template the other day but it did not work quite well. Ideally overall stats should increase but in my case its just "moving" stats around.
    Do all the weapons you use swing at 1.25?  Then you dont need it.  If not you need to adjust till they do.
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Do all the weapons you use swing at 1.25?  Then you dont need it.  If not you need to adjust till they do.
    Yes, it already has 35 SSI. Perhaps it can save a 10 SSI on jewel so its easier to find another jewel alternative. However  my jewels already give me 60 skill points which is hard to replace.
    edited October 2020
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Yes, it already has 35 SSI. Perhaps it can save a 10 SSI on jewel so its easier to find another jewel alternative. However  my jewels already give me 60 skill points which is hard to replace.

30 works if your Stamina is enough.

Have you calculated it and sure the weapon you use is 1.25?

https://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/ssi
     or
    https://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed_Increase
    or
    https://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php
    edited October 2020
    I need 1 for each of my archers, you need 55 SSI and 210 stamina to get 1.25 on a composite bow.

• Thanks for this post, Smoot.  I too am a gear head.  I earned my epaulettes yesterday and am reworking my suit too.  I’m debating whether to go 35 SSI and 150 stamina on the suit or 20 SSI and 180 stamina.  The epaulettes have both SSI and Stamina increase.  What a boon for warriors!  This is the first piece of gear I’ve been excited about in a few years since the Cameos came out.

I plan to get one on the three primary shards I play.  I wonder if this item may return in a future event, maybe with a different name.  Seems like a keeper in the rewards inventory to me!
  • I got my second set today which will finally allow me to max my str & hp. Now if I could only find another 20 sta for my ABC archer =).
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    I need 1 for each of my archers, you need 55 SSI and 210 stamina to get 1.25 on a composite bow.

Yes, I have calculated for Double Axe it needs 35 SSI at 150 stam, which I have 180 stam. But you are right, its useful when its needed such as the archer. I have 2 sampire warriors, one of which is on my >14 year vet account which can travel for events. If this epaulette is non-shard bound, it would be perfect time for me to convert one to sampire archer. So I do not have any use for the Morphus epaulette, yet.  :#
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Smoot said:
    @ popps
    Lord Morphius' Epaulettes
    Despicable Quiver
    Enchantress's Cameo (could use soldiers medal or conjurers trinket but would need 5ssi town bonus)
    Gloves of Feudal Grip
    Mace and Shield glasses
    Corgul's enchanted sash
    Crimson Cincture
    Warrior's gift mastery (extra 5dci, 5hci, 5str, 5dmg increase)

can make a comparable setup using imbued, 2 lendary armors mostly for resists, and swing speed from somewhere, basically just wont have as many regens.

Thanks @Smoot , appreciated.

Out of curiosity, I see that your "regular" Artifact pieces (Legendaries and Greater) do not have 10 Stamina increase, only 3 are with Stamina 8.

You are not missing the extra Stamina increase that you could have used by picking all Stamina Increase 10 pieces ?
    edited October 2020
    @popps

i use double axe and bladed staff.

if i only had 20 swing speed total, i would need to maintain 180 stamina to swing at 1.25

but i use 55 total swing speed (25 on suit, 30 on axe)
    so stamina isnt as important.  i only need to maintain 90 stamina to swing at max speed.  and being human (prevents stamina loss) and wearing plate (prevents stamina loss) i rarely drop below 90 stamina.

many have been saying they do 35 total swing speed, but i like 55 because it gives me more of a buffer.  doesnt matter for light hitting mobs, but good for very hard hitting mobs, like say the belfry dragon in shadowguard, or a few of the bosses in doom.

depends on your playstyle, and weapon speed.  if i used a slower weapon like for an archer (composite bow) or a halbred id need more stamina.  using a swing speed calculator like one Pawain listed, along with seeing how much stamina you lose when hit by what you fight helps figure out how much a character actually needs.
  • IviannaIvianna Posts: 28
    edited October 2020
    Very interested thread for those of us who wonders what kind of suit a sampire might wear.  I've never tried to make one, but I am curious about what goes into it other than the basic generalities of leeching and "surviving by doing damage."  Congrats on your upgrade with the new items.
  • Hmmm... I never contemplated 55 SSI with 30 SSI on the weapon.  I need to do some computations on what that would mean for my HML on the weapon compared to the amount of additional Mana Increase I could pack on the suit.   Looks like I’ve found my project for tonight!

Again, thanks for posting this.  These are the types of discussions I enjoy on the forums.
    edited October 2020
    Ivianna said:
    Very interested thread for those of us who wonders what kind of suit a sampire might wear.  I've never tried to make one, but I am curious about what goes into it other than the basic generalities of leeching and "surviving by doing damage."  Congrats on your upgrade with the new items.

thats the basics, variety of templates
    i actually ditched the ring for this deceit event and added more anatomy and healing.  new ring has healing and parry on it.
    120 sword
    120 tact
    120 bush
    70 anat
    70 heal
    100 necro
    100 resist spells
    55 parry
    5 archery (just for lmc bonus)

sampires (or variations) easy to play.  whirlwind, doublestrke, armor ignore.   confidence heals kinda (through poison and mortal strike) evasion increases your defense.  then the sword special master onslaught increases damage.

plus if you level up honor virtue a bit, can honor yourself so mobs dont attack you. 

the deceit paragons are a pain, immune to life leech so its either running away a ton healing with confidence and close wounds (chiv) or put on healing.   normally i drop magic resist when i add healing skill, but i didnt want to for these because alot of mobs paralyze, and blood oath.

• Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited October 2020
    I shelved my sampire for this event. Too much effort to try to revamp him for one event. I use my sword & board paladin. No bushido. With the epaulettes I can swing my longsword at 1.25s or hit fire area radiant scimitar. Healing + anatomy + resist has served me well. I do not know how amyone can solo melee these paragons without healing. I got through about a thousand bandages every day. I can solo all but the para rams. Just completed my third set of epaulettes tonight. The point is healing & resist is a must for this event, imo.

edited October 2020
    I shelved my sampire for this event. Too much effort to try to revamp him for one event. I use my sword & board paladin. No bushido. With the epaulettes I can swing my longsword at 1.25s or hit fire area radiant scimitar. Healing + anatomy + resist has served me well. I do not know how amyone can solo melee these paragons without healing. I got through about a thousand bandages every day. I can solo all but the para rams. Just completed my third set of epaulettes tonight. The point is healing & resist is a must for this event, imo.

It is just cannot leech life, not tainted life. So I switched from sword to bushido mastery and use confidence to heal. The sampire can still take on poison ele paragon. This also means sampire can be used for other non paragon mobs.

If it is tainted life, then will need to swap necro for healing etc. But for shrine war where the boss has tainted life, it is also possible to run off and use confidence to heal.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Who's gonna be the first to make a 240 stam suit?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • ElessarElessar Posts: 23
    I have the same artifacts, but am really having a hard time getting max HCI/DCI while also trying to get FC2/FCR6.  I'm not sure it's possible; maybe I'm just missing something.  If I use a shield, it's very doable - but my parry is actually better with Bushido if I'm using a 2-hander.  

That's part of the fun - working on my suit, trying to make improvements.  I just feel like I've hit a wall at this point, but there's probably a way to get where I want to be.  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Smoot - Are you using that guy for PvP or just PvM?

Just curious because I feel like you'd have issues with mana when fighting higher end stuff where you don't honor it since you don't have chivalry for EOO and your mana leech is impacted by SSI. Obviously not an issue in PvP when honor/EOO don't work which made me think that char is PvP. 

Another thing that makes me think PvP is that you don't have any refinements (at the cost of DCI).

If this guy is PvM I'd love to know how you make out with top level combat.

Always interested to see other player's build compared to mine thanks for sharing!
    edited October 2020
    He still leeches mana from everything. Sampires are built on the idea of doing high damage and leeching.  It also helps for this event and most others, swords has the double axe  that is two hand and does WW and Double Strike. Macing and fencing do not have such a nice weapon. Doing DS on paragons and high end mobs help.  For single target the have the AI bladed staff which is also a better AI weapon than the other abilities have.  The 

The mace WW weapon is .5 seconds slower. The whips tried to help this, but they do have have great second moves and they are 1 hand lower damage.  They should have made the whip 2 hand at same speed as the Double axe.

Vampiric embrace makes it all come together.

• Caster receives 20% life drain on every hit.
    • Caster receives immunity to poison levels 1-4.
    • Caster receives “Mana Regeneration 2” (?).
    • Caster receives “Stamina Regeneration 10” (?).
    • Caster receives +25% damage from “Undead Slayers”.
    • Caster receives -25 fire resist.
    • Caster is damage when casting a spell consuming garlic (17-23 damage) and cannot drink garlic based (cure) potions.
    • Duration is permanent until death or a transformation spell is cast.
  • ElessarElessar Posts: 23
    I can get pretty close to hitting the DCI/HCI/SSI/DI caps with decent stats (135 hp, 183 stam, 41 mana) but I can't get to FC2/FC6 at the same time.  I'm not a sampire, so I rely on casting to heal, cure poison, remove curses, consecrate weapon, etc.  I just don't see a way to get there other than some unbelievable antique jewels that I don't have - or switching to one-handers plus a shield. 

Advantage Sampire.  They do not need to cast in battle.
    edited October 2020
    FC, FC
    Elessar said:
    I can get pretty close to hitting the DCI/HCI/SSI/DI caps with decent stats (135 hp, 183 stam, 41 mana) but I can't get to FC2/FC6 at the same time.  I'm not a sampire, so I rely on casting to heal, cure poison, remove curses, consecrate weapon, etc.  I just don't see a way to get there other than some unbelievable antique jewels that I don't have - or switching to one-handers plus a shield. 

I have considered casting for my sampire too, but the template is already very tight for any "mage" related stats.

Some suggestions:
    1) No need to go for perfect 2/6 FC/FCR, if you can get 1/3 its already very good for a warrior. Having some is better than none, esp. when duration for warrior spells are not as long as the powerful mage spells.

I will be happy even if I can get 1/3 on my sampire but mine is almost 0/0.

2) If you are not worried about Blood Oath, then consider casting Protection Spell for your warrior. This causes your magic resist to drop but if you do not need it then that is fine. Then you can always cast heal, cure, remove curses, etc without getting interrupted when fighting.

There are many variants of warrior, sampire etc. Some players like myself, have tried Protection spells and its quite interesting being able to cast uninterrupted. However, this is at the expense of some other stats, which I think its fair. Hybrid template may provide more variety but is less powerful than Pure template in other areas.

Since your warrior is not a sampire and if he can carry a shield, then all you need is Jumu Sacred Hide and that Chaos Shield (Chaos_Shield_-_Museum_of_Vesper_Replica), to get 1/3 casting.

My modified shield warrior is used to murder Travesty.