A thought on Deceit, and future events similar

And no, I am not participating.  But I have read the list of rewards, and it kinda irks me.

Why in the world would the devs penalize their collectors and players who collect items, and buy/sell/trade  these items.  Some players will work hard to get more than one item, and hold it to speculate on it increasing in value to sell.

Like that idea or not, it is a valid and common playstyle.  And hey, at this point, we want players however we can get em, right?

Why the hell did yall bring back out the katalkotl ring?  Jawbone?  bandage belt?  I mean, really.

Would it have been that hard to do a little cut and paste work, (or whatever) and have a Bracelet instead of a ring?  Leave the jawbone alone, and made a bone skull instead?  A special quiver that had a pocket for bandages instead of a belt?  Or anything except devaluing what we already have from limited time events.

I can always be wrong, but I figure if you keep re-running one time event items, pretty soon people who collect and trade and sell will see no point in putting forth the effort.  And that will cost you in the long run.  Because as it stands for the last few years, the odd and unique one time available items are the main reason for doing the rerun retread events we been getting.  

Comments

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Its a big differens with the items though, the new ones are shard bound and the original aren't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Chrille said:
    Its a big differens with the items though, the new ones are shard bound and the original aren't.

The new items - Epualettes, should not be shard bound. They never exist before TOD.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Why in the world would the devs penalize their collectors and players who collect items, and buy/sell/trade  these items. 

The Jawbone and many of these other items have been heavily requested by the community to make a return. Bringing them back does not penalize their current owners, it expands the game for other players. We shouldn't assume every action they take is punitive.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081

Why in the world would the devs penalize their collectors and players who collect items, and buy/sell/trade  these items.  Some players will work hard to get more than one item, and hold it to speculate on it increasing in value to sell.

I think you are going to be in the very small minority here. Many people have asked for things like the ranger cloak/ 50SDI spellbooks / bandage belts /jawbones etc. 

The Devs gave us all that and new stuff. This is probably one of the best reward years I can remember for any event. I'm trying to get at least 1 of each even if they are shard bound. If they weren't shard bound I'd probably look to get at least 2 of each. I think this was a home run from @Kyronix and the rest of the Devs on this one. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Great rewards indeed! Go Team Go!  (I truly mean this!)

Oh wait, shard bound wearables...Epic fail Team! You guys don't miss a chance to shoot yourselves in the foot, every. freaking. time.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    Those "replica" artifacts are perhaps reasonable to be shard bound.

But not the new epaulette artifacts. This is very bad decision.

So my thoughts for new type of wearable artifacts in future is, please make it "clean" for the debut.

For a first time, limited time artifact, it should follow historical norm and should not have any limitations. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs