Halloween?

Is UO doing anything this year..... i mean it is the most fantastic , wonderful, beautiful,fun, holiday ever........    people were over this black gate thing by about day 3...... we want Halloween dang it!

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited September 2020
    latest newsletter:

"October 1, 2020
    - Halloween season is here!  Pumpkin patches, Butchers, Trick or Treating all go live!"

"Trick or Treating - Visit your local NPC with your beggar to collect all the goodies they might have.  I am sure you will get enough candy to remedy your sweet tooth!
    Skeletons - Make sure you visit your local cemetery to collect your bones!
    Pumpkins Patches -  Two new Jack o' Lantern designs, "The Wolf" and "Welcome"!
    Treasures of Deceit  -  Undead creatures abound!  Join in on the popular Halloween tradition!  Please know the rewards that were given out during summer testing are NOT the rewards that will be given for this event that is going live.  We have some really great rewards that I am sure you will want!  "

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Treasures of Deceit... Oct 5-9 (will be turned on sometime during these dates)
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I cannot believe the treasures of event is onky going to be monday through friday.

@Kyronix @Mesanna ; can you guys give us the weekend as well? Some of us work, and cant be on exceot for then. I am onky asking for 2 more days
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I'm thinking it will last longer than that. I'm guessing those are the manual roll out dates like they did for the Black Gate Event.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @Norry - those are only the date range at which we are setting up the Treasures events across all the shards.  We anticipate it lasting for several weeks.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    What Marge said.
    edited October 2020
    @Kyronix ; @Mesanna Any new stuff from Trick or Treating?
    Think it was said at the Great Lakes meet and greet that there would be no new items this year.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Kyronix said:
    @ Norry - those are only the date range at which we are setting up the Treasures events across all the shards.  We anticipate it lasting for several weeks.
    Awesome, thank you. A baby and 60+ hours a week make it hard.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Marge said:
    Think it was said at the Great Lakes meet and greet that there would be no new items this year.
    We get new pumpkins at least. There are 2 artists. They can't put in some new static deco item?

October is right around the corner so I'd like to highlight our upcoming live release updates for October!

Trick or Treating - Visit your local NPC with your beggar to collect all the goodies they might have.  I am sure you will get enough candy to remedy your sweet tooth!
    Skeletons - Make sure you visit your local cemetery to collect your bones!
    Pumpkins Patches -  Two new Jack o' Lantern designs, "The Wolf" and "Welcome"!
    Treasures of Deceit  -  Undead creatures abound!  Join in on the popular Halloween tradition!  Please know the rewards that were given out during summer testing are NOT the rewards that will be given for this event that is going live.  We have some really great rewards that I am sure you will want!  

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kyronix said:
    @ Norry - those are only the date range at which we are setting up the Treasures events across all the shards.  We anticipate it lasting for several weeks.
    @Kyronix ;

Can you please make Krampus also make a come back this Year ?

Thanks !
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited October 2020
    I'm seeing Killer pumpkin now
    Yes, Players have the new pumpkins.
  • AngenAngen Posts: 2
    Is there any more information in the Halloween event? What it is about, etc? Returning player here, so haven't been around for any of those earlier years :)
  • AngenAngen Posts: 2
    Mariah said:
    Yes, I read there, but there wasn't anything on what I supposed to be this year? Or do they do all the above events, you mean?
    edited October 2020
    This year there are skeletal / bone knights in all graveyards. They appear when someone dies anywhere on your shard. Some will spawn as skeletal knights; some with the dead players name.   They have a chance of having player bones on their corpse you can loot. There are a few styles and colors they come in. These knights have more hp than regular knights and have paragon speed.
    Also in the graveyards, Butchers can be found. They have a 50/50 chance of having a pumpkin carving kit on them. They have fiendish calling (I think that is correct) like the Dark Fathers in Doom - liches are their worse summons.
    You use the carving kit on pumpkins found on the corpses of killer pumpkins found in the wheat fields. The pumpkins spawn as bigger, rounder, pretty pumpkins. When you try to pick them up, they become killer pumpkins that attack and have a 50/50 chance of having a lootable pumpkin on their corpse. These pumpkins come in a few styles. When you use a kit on them (One kit for one pumpkin), it carves a picture into it and then a light can be turned on or off. There are quite a few different carvings, and yes the carvings are randomly applied.
    We will also have a Treasures of Tokuno style event that will be turned on soon. (This will be like the events described in Mariah's link.)

Edited to Add :
    I forgot about begging! You go around saying "trick or treat" to npcs in game and you get a piece of candy or a special treat. (Candy are worth 1 clean up point each.) GM begging is suppose to help with the chance of getting something good. (Things such as scarecrows, deeds for giant pumpkins, deed for a giant dragon pumpkin, crystal skulls, etc.)
    I've gotten a Wolf & Welcome JoL's in the small round pumpkin, anyone know if they also come in the other two types?
    A whole lot of returners on LS have never done these Halloween things. They are loving all of it!
    Same on Chessy. Every year someone is glad to get their bones. I spend all of October gathering and returning bones. Kinda relaxing at this point! :)
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited October 2020
    Mariah said:
    uoguide still have more comprehensive info on this particular topic, just not sure how much this year is different than 2017, if any.

https://www.uoguide.com/Halloween_2017
    It's pretty much the same. New carvings and trick or treat gifts have been added since then.