KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
For bugs and feedback on, 

Decorative Guildstones
Decorative Mage's Set
Transmogrification Potion - Robe Slot
Capybara Vanity Mount
Mini Keep & Castle

Comments

• Robins Nest is called Ravens Nest in the patch notes. ;)
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @Minerva_Foxglove - thanks!  Fixed it internally, site will update around midnight eastern.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    What happened to the "Anvil of Artifacts" ?

Wasn't it supposed to be a Store item ?
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    @Kyronix

Please consider something a little different for the legacy guildstone... perhaps make it marble or jade (like the character statues).  Original guildstones are a unique part of UO history.  It would be really nice if they could maintain that.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Merus said:
    @ Kyronix

Please consider something a little different for the legacy guildstone... perhaps make it marble or jade (like the character statues).  Original guildstones are a unique part of UO history.  It would be really nice if they could maintain that.
    I copied over an old guildstone, just to make sure nothing hinky happened to it as a result of the new ones. Here are the two side by side, you can tell which is the legacy one

• Transmogrification Potion – Robe Slot
    • This potion will allow the transfer of properties from one robe slot item to another robe slot item.
    • Properties cannot be transferred to robe slot items that are imbued, quivers, or have any existing magical properties.

According to your patch notes it specifies quivers but they are not a robe slot.  They occupy the cloak slot.

Can we get  a Transmogogrification potion for cloak slots please?
    I would love to be able to use the 'Cloak Of The Virtuous' from the Jolly roger event arc with added mods (from other back slot items).

edited July 2020
    @Lieutenant_Dan - this applies more to robe slot items that may have "quiver-esque" magical properties associated with them.  We'll update the patch notes to make that more clear.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Kyronix said:
    @ Lieutenant_Dan - this applies more to cloak slot items that may have "quiver-esque" magical properties associated with them.  We'll update the patch notes to make that more clear.  

This is getting more confusing. Is the potion meant for the cloak or robe slot? For a while I thought finally the parrot from high seas can be useful as a permanent gear.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    @Seth someone has imposed hawkwinds on a parrot. I have copied a parrot to test center after reading your earlier post. Yours if I can manage to meet up with you there.
    @Seth - robe, sorry was a typo!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I love how you can transmog Hawkwinds Robe stats onto an evening gown.
    My evening gown was blessed and remained blessed.

========================

I also love the castle & keep deeds.
    Will the other new castle & keep designs be added to the store too?

====================

mages set...
    i love the animations of the Crystal Ball and the Book Stand

@Cinderella - thanks for the feedback!  We ran an audit to see which were the most commonly placed of the new castle/keeps on all the shards and chose those as the first 2 mini-deeds to implement.  If there is adequate demand we'll implement others.
  • Many I've spoken to agree with me, and wish only the mods, and not the name was transmogrified to the new robe slot item.  How do we preserve the names of our clothes?  Who wants a robe or shroud named epaulette, or vice versa?  

Also many players now wish they could craft Epaulettes, any plans to add that recipe into the game?

I am fine with the new guildstones as long as the guild names are not presented the same as the legacy ones.

I like the Decorative Mage's Set.

Not sure where the inspiration for the mount came from.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    You can indeed transmog stats onto a parrot but now it no longer flies around or squawks. Is that intended?
    transmog potion...

I used this to put hawkwinds stats on all items that a tailor can make.

traditionally a male kimono can't be worn by a female, but after using the potion on it, a female can.

• Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    I would prefer to see the new Guild Stones no look like the legacy ones. There is a ton of history with those. The Chess piece ones I think are an okay move. I would add more chess pieces over time. Those will be bought for sure. 

How about implementing a "City Stone" for player towns. Let them have elections etc maybe. Who knows. Maybe we should ask people to respond to how they might engage with something like that. We have significant cities in the game. Some shards also have significant player towns. Could be some very interesting game play developed from something like this. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    I would prefer to see the new Guild Stones no look like the legacy ones. There is a ton of history with those. The Chess piece ones I think are an okay move. I would add more chess pieces over time. Those will be bought for sure. 

How about implementing a "City Stone" for player towns. Let them have elections etc maybe. Who knows. Maybe we should ask people to respond to how they might engage with something like that. We have significant cities in the game. Some shards also have significant player towns. Could be some very interesting game play developed from something like this. 
    Hi Nabin. Did you see the image I posted above? There is a distinct difference between these new guildstones and the old ones. The old ones look, well, old; weathered.

Hi Nabin. Did you see the image I posted above? There is a distinct difference between these new guildstones and the old ones. The old ones look, well, old; weathered.
    lol guess it is hard for me to see with these old eyes. :-) If you think it is a distinguishing effect I am good with that I guess. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    @Kyronix please keep in mind that this creates a problem on Siege Perilous. We need less blessed items, not more. Being able to transfer for example hawkwinds robe stats on blessed pieces of clothing or the parrots which are also blessed would create an unwanted imbalance.

Either disable the transmog to transfer stats to blessed items or make it so the blessed item will become unblessed when stats are transfered.
    Thank you!
    edited July 2020
    @ Kyronix please keep in mind that this creates a problem on Siege Perilous. We need less blessed items, not more. Being able to transfer for example hawkwinds robe stats on blessed pieces of clothing or the parrots which are also blessed would create an unwanted imbalance.

Either disable the transmog to transfer stats to blessed items or make it so the blessed item will become unblessed when stats are transfered.
    Thank you!
    I have no interest in Felucca ruleset gameplay but, frankly, I do not see how it would ever be an "inbalance" considering that any and all players could use those items and, thus, be able to consequentially adjust their templates to the blessed items....

Besides, I would imagine that it would perhaps even be beneficial since one of the issues that I hear often PvM players lament when being hit by PvP players, is that their template is all geared for PvM while their attackers' template is geared for PvP....

So, they are at a gross disadvantage being in a PvM geared template when attacked by a PvP geared template. Of course, the PvP geared template has much higher chances at winning the encounter when fighting a fellow player....

If one wants to talk about inbalances in Ultima Online, I think that THIS one, where PvM geared Templates are at a gross disadvantage as compared to PvP geared Templates, is a hell of a huge one that blinds any other....

Not the fact that ALL players could be using a few more blessed items which I do not see how it could be seen as an inbalance at all....

That is at least my viewing of it.
    popps said:
    @ Kyronix please keep in mind that this creates a problem on Siege Perilous. We need less blessed items, not more. Being able to transfer for example hawkwinds robe stats on blessed pieces of clothing or the parrots which are also blessed would create an unwanted imbalance.

Thank you!
    I have no interest in Felucca ruleset gameplay but, frankly, I do not see how it would ever be an "inbalance" considering that any and all players could use those items and, thus, be able to consequentially adjust their templates to the blessed items....

Besides, I would imagine that it would perhaps even be beneficial since one of the issues that I hear often PvM players lament when being hit by PvP players, is that their template is all geared for PvM while their attackers' template is geared for PvP....

So, they are at a gross disadvantage being in a PvM geared template when attacked by a PvP geared template. Of course, the PvP geared template has much higher chances at winning the encounter when fighting a fellow player....

If one wants to talk about inbalances in Ultima Online, I think that THIS one, where PvM geared Templates are at a gross disadvantage as compared to PvP geared Templates, is a hell of a huge one that blinds any other....

Not the fact that ALL players could be using a few more blessed items which I do not see how it could be seen as an inbalance at all....

He is talking about Siege Perilous! Not the Fel/tram dynamic.

I get what he is saying in regards to the blessing of items. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    popps said:

Thank you!

you don't play Siege Popps and that's fine.
    Please leave the discussion of Siege ruleset and changes that affect Siege Perilous to the actual Siege players who know what they're talking about.

We've had blessed items on Siege before when SE came out and it took years for the developers to finally remove the bless tag on all of them.
    Unfortunately with the war of shadows invasion event and the shattered obelisk town invasion event they re-introduced blessed items with mods on them in both cases spellbooks which heavily favored caster types because there was no equivalent for dexxers. With the most recent re-run of the shattered obelisk town invasion the shard has been flooded with blessed spellbooks again.

Introducing new ways of getting blessed items with mods in addition to your one Siege blessed item will make things worse, especially since the robe slot doesn't offer any great dexxer specific items with mods that would be comparable to the hawkwind's robe.
    That is the imbalance issue I am talking about.

So again @Kyronix please do not add this feature to Siege Perilous.
    edited July 2020
    popps said:

Thank you!

He is talking about Siege Perilous! Not the Fel/tram dynamic.

I get what he is saying in regards to the blessing of items. 
    It does not matter.

The HUGE Elephant in the room there, if one wants to talk about "inbalance", is not a few blessed items here or there BUT, at least to my opinion, the absurd gap that there is in between PvM Templates and PvP Templates.....

And guess what ?

The PvM Templates are at a ridicolous and gross disadvantage as compared to PvP Templates....

And this, to my understanding, affects Felucca ruleset places, Siege included, all across Ultima Online.

What disturbs me, is that one stands up talking about "inbalances" looking at small details such as a few blessed items here or there which EVERY player can get and use and not address the Elephant in the room that there is in Ultima Online gameplay :  

The absolute, total, disheartening disparity that exists between PvM Templates and their gear and PvP Templates and their gear.

And guess what in "who" has the upper hand in such an inbalance ?

PvPers whose Template and gear way more fits fighting fellow players as compared to PvMers who, instead, being skilled and geared up to fight NPCs fall way too short when they are attacked by PvPers.

Want to discuss and address inbalances in Ultima Online ?

Start from this Elephant that is in the room rather then looking at the tiny things like a few blessed items here and there....

And by the way, last I knew, there DO ARE PvMers also on Siege........ it is not like there is only PvPers on Siege.... actually, from what I seem to be reading from the Forums and players posting, I get the impression that PvM gameplay also on Siege way outdoes PvP gameplay.....

That is, if one was to track down how many players' hours where spent on PvM content and how many on PvP content "also" on Siege, my understanding is that PvM gameplay players' hours would way, but waaaaay outnumber PvP gameplay players' hours.... So, in a way, one could also conclude that, in the end, Siege might be a predominantly PvM gameplay shard only with some more PvP action as compared to Prodo Shards....

That is at least my viewing on it.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Popps, again you have no clue. Stay out of Siege discussions. Your "viewing on it" on a shard with ruleset that you do not play is crap. I have to agree with Max on this.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator

Thank you!

I think it will be ok Max.  The very fact that the item now has properties would, in itself, remove the bless. On Siege items with properties can not be blessed.
    Mariah said:

I think it will be ok Max.  The very fact that the item now has properties would, in itself, remove the bless. On Siege items with properties can not be blessed.

almost 20 years of experience with this game tell me it will be a problem unless the devs make double sure.

Here's why I think we will end up with blessed items on top of the one Siege bless you get on Siege:
    The bless is not applied to the original item but instead the item's mods are transferred to an already blessed item.

popps said:
    It does not matter.

The HUGE Elephant in the room there, if one wants to talk about "inbalance", is not a few blessed items here or there BUT, at least to my opinion, the absurd gap that there is in between PvM Templates and PvP Templates.....

And guess what ?

The PvM Templates are at a ridicolous and gross disadvantage as compared to PvP Templates....

And this, to my understanding, affects Felucca ruleset places, Siege included, all across Ultima Online.

What disturbs me, is that one stands up talking about "inbalances" looking at small details such as a few blessed items here or there which EVERY player can get and use and not address the Elephant in the room that there is in Ultima Online gameplay :  

The absolute, total, disheartening disparity that exists between PvM Templates and their gear and PvP Templates and their gear.

And guess what in "who" has the upper hand in such an inbalance ?

PvPers whose Template and gear way more fits fighting fellow players as compared to PvMers who, instead, being skilled and geared up to fight NPCs fall way too short when they are attacked by PvPers.

Want to discuss and address inbalances in Ultima Online ?

Start from this Elephant that is in the room rather then looking at the tiny things like a few blessed items here and there....

And by the way, last I knew, there DO ARE PvMers also on Siege........ it is not like there is only PvPers on Siege.... actually, from what I seem to be reading from the Forums and players posting, I get the impression that PvM gameplay also on Siege way outdoes PvP gameplay.....

That is, if one was to track down how many players' hours where spent on PvM content and how many on PvP content "also" on Siege, my understanding is that PvM gameplay players' hours would way, but waaaaay outnumber PvP gameplay players' hours.... So, in a way, one could also conclude that, in the end, Siege might be a predominantly PvM gameplay shard only with some more PvP action as compared to Prodo Shards....

That is at least my viewing on it.

again Popps, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Everyone on Siege has to PvM, including the PvPers because every time you die you lose your entire suit except for one blessed item.
    Adding additional blessed items, especially when those favor a certain template over others is a balancing issue.

The divide between PvM and PvP templates and equipment goes both ways. Watch a PvP template do high end PvM and fail.
    In today's UO you have to make a choice between being either built for PvM or PvP.
    This divide between PvM and PvP is a whole different topic and has nothing to do with the topic at hand and even less with my concerns about accidentally ending up with additional blessed items on Siege.
    *hits like button*

Wait wrong forum. Would some one flip the switch for this please 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    I have a query,

The Hawkwind robe has a hidden self repair property,

does anyone know if this also gets transmogrified onto the new item?

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    I have a query,

The Hawkwind robe has a hidden self repair property,

does anyone know if this also gets transmogrified onto the new item?

Also can you repair it with Tailor Repair deeds?