Attention BoD filling Cooks

Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
edited September 2020 in Bugs
Having a bod for 'sweets'. I first made enough sweet dough
Then I made cookie mix and cake mix
Then I went into the baking menu to complete the order.
That's where things went wrong. I made the cookies, but when I'd finished I still had cookie mix left and not enough cake mix.
If both mixes are in your pack the game will use cake mix to make cookies, but it won't use cookie mix to make cakes.

Advice to cooks till the bug can be fixed. When filling this bod, make the cakes first and cookies last.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2020
    Ooh a bug that I like.  No need to buy extra honey to make cookie mix.  I've gotten enough flour from dread pirates I will not run out any time soon.

It has to do with the order that the mixes are added to the back pack.  If cookie mix then cake mix is added the cake mix is used.  If cake mix then cookie mix is added the cookie mix will be used.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    TimSt said:
    Ooh a bug that I like.  No need to buy extra honey to make cookie mix.  I've gotten enough flour from dread pirates I will not run out any time soon.

It has to do with the order that the mixes are added to the back pack.  If cookie mix then cake mix is added the cake mix is used.  If cake mix then cookie mix is added the cookie mix will be used.
    Are you just speculating?  Because You can make cookies from cake mix or cookie mix.  I do not know how long it has been doing it.  But the code should not allow cookies to be make from anything but cookie mix. The order of putting items in your backpack made a difference when making infused tasty treats.  You could make them using non infused fish if you put some infused fish in your pack first.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:

Are you just speculating?  Because You can make cookies from cake mix or cookie mix.  I do not know how long it has been doing it.  But the code should not allow cookies to be make from anything but cookie mix. The order of putting items in your backpack made a difference when making infused tasty treats.  You could make them using non infused fish if you put some infused fish in your pack first.
    No speculation. I tested it. I also tested if baking a cake would do the same. It does not. Cake only uses cake mix.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited September 2020
    Well  They just need to make cookies only use cookie mix.  I have no idea if this is new.  I always make the small BODs individually  so I usually do not have cake and cookie mix on me at the same time.

I wonder if the 3 tier cake also can use cookie mix.

Not really a game changing bug tho.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Just tried it.  3 tier cake only uses cake mix.  I also tried gingerbread cookies.  They use either cookie mix or cake mix.