Give EJ players a limited bank box and be done with it.

No extra features to develop, just an EJ limit on the bank box. Simple to code. No extra explanations needed. when the EJ players tries to add something that makes it go over the limit, have a "subscribe to UO for more space and all of these cool features" link show up. End of story. 

For old vet EJs with bank boxes filled over the limit: allow them to take stuff out but not anything back in until they are under their EJ limit again.

1. Aye?35 votes
    1. Aye!
      85.71%
    2. Nay!
      14.29%
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    They are in the process of working out the logistics, just give them some time to test things...they WILL give them some type of storage but I would rather them take their time testing it then to push out something half-done full of issues.

• PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    the storage should have been a priority over this global chat garbage. Why does anyone want some clunky global chat when you have icq or discord lol.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Larisa said:
    I would rather them take their time testing it then to push out something half-done full of issues.
    I'm not sure we're playing the same game then...  :D
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    Larisa said:
    I would rather them take their time testing it then to push out something half-done full of issues.
    LOL okay I just choked on my coffee.....*coughs*

You know what I mean! 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249
    Great Idea
  • ZappZapp Posts: 14
    Dot_Warner said:
    OMG literally just LOL'd
    THAT Dot is some real funny stuff!!
    good one
  • InLorInLor Posts: 398
    A nay. Would you look at that...
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Who the heck said no? Oh come on giving them no storage at all is just cruel.... :'(
  • JCtheBuilderJCtheBuilder Posts: 44
    edited April 2018
    My suggestion is give them regular access to the bank box, except it has the old 400 stone weight limit. It would prevent mass gathering of resources. Yes, bank boxes used to be limited to 400 stones (gold was exempt). This was changed to unlimited at UO:R release I believe.

But if they are doing vaults it definitely has to be a separate system. You do not want to accidentally end up auctioning player's bank boxes =o
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    It seems the devs are gonna be hell bent on trying to do some clever clogs system where they are gonna try and rook people rl dollars to get storage, if so they may as well not bother, people are only gonna subscribe once they get hooked and realise they really do need a house for their stuff and to play properly. 

If they invent some system so players need to 'pay' to keep up their storage they will just quit as the so called 'free' play just developed a quasi subscription called bank fees. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Any free to play MMORPG today will come with basic bank storage. If you're a restaurant, you do not start trying to entice clients with paid salt when it's free in all other restaurants.

This is why I also made the other thread about subscription perks that are more in line with modern mmos...while giving current vets something new too.
  • Any F2P MMORG today usually implement a level limit. UO has no restrictions on skill points or power scrolls usage for F2P accounts.  So you really can't compare it to other F2P MMOs.  I agree that there needs to be some bank, I actually like the 400 stone weight limit idea and that should be easy enough to implement for a EJ account.  If a former-subber returns to EJ and bank is over 400, they can't add anything until they remove stuff.
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    edited April 2018
    The plan was to implement an EJ form of storage, but they probably couldn't get that programmed in time for the deadline.  They said it is still in the works.  In the meanwhile, if you are having storage issues while playing your EJ accounts, open another account and make a Nodwick character to hold all your stuff.

Plenty of f2p have no level limit. But leveling bonuses, content privileges, etc.

The bank just needs to be limited but accessible. Old accounts over the limit can take out but not out back in if they are over the limit. Simple.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Seems odd that they totally forgot about storage when we were told EJ was pretty much done and dusted by the Christmas holidays. Even so they still had another couple of months to do something with storage....
  • at the very least let returning players access their bank boxes to take stuff out while still disallowing them to put stuff back in.
    On Siege most people who quit stored their soulstone collection in the bank. Soulstones are kind of a big deal on Siege...
  • ArchnightArchnight Posts: 48
    InLor said:
    No extra features to develop, just an EJ limit on the bank box. Simple to code. No extra explanations needed. when the EJ players tries to add something that makes it go over the limit, have a "subscribe to UO for more space and all of these cool features" link show up. End of story. 

For old vet EJs with bank boxes filled over the limit: allow them to take stuff out but not anything back in until they are under their EJ limit again.

I've been saying this for awhile now, EJ accounts should have a 25 item bank with a set weight limit. Meaning returning vets can also view and take out items but can't put back until bank limitation is met or account is subbed

B) 
  • TabinTabin Posts: 30

There is a reason why they didn't want EJ to have bank storage.  It is most likely to prevent hoarding items or letting them sit there forever, which apparently puts a strain over time on the servers.  That's why they made the clean up Britannia system and that is why they are rumors about them working on a storage system that gets auctioned off if an EJ stops logging in.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Tabin said:

There is a reason why they didn't want EJ to have bank storage.  It is most likely to prevent hoarding items or letting them sit there forever, which apparently puts a strain over time on the servers.  That's why they made the clean up Britannia system and that is why they are rumors about them working on a storage system that gets auctioned off if an EJ stops logging in.

Just delete EJ accounts when they don't login for over a year.

But that's too simple I guess.. UO needs some convoluted system... some ugly gumps... with at least 5 buttons... along those lines  :s
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Larisa said:
    +1
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    EJ and sub need to be simplified.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    JollyJade said:
    Tabin said:

Just delete EJ accounts when they don't login for over a year.

Every account will become an EJ account after it has been closed for 120 days.  So are you really suggesting that all accounts be deleted after they've been closed for 16 months?
  • +1 to the OP
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • First of all if UO is having server problems due to storage at this point... well that kinda blows my mind. What is it? They have like a one terabyte hard drive to back up everything with? lol Maybe something like if you don't open and refresh your bank box ever 60 days the bank box storage disappears or is auctioned or whatever. But I can't even imagine that's necessary. I know I can't wait to bid on a bank of newbie junk. :P
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
    I would archive inactive accounts and take the storage off the main servers. When an account is reactivated (logged in), the user gets a message that at the next downtime their stuff will appear. If and only if it's really such a big deal. 

Did I say EJ needs limited bank storage yet?  :D
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Serves?  Didn't UO move to the clouds?
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited April 2018
    Everything else for EJ could be launched a lil early and have the risk of bugs.

Secure bank storage? It needs to be PERFECT. UO is a bit slow when it comes to perfect lol, and frankly I will be clearing out my bank just out of paranoia. But try to be patient and cut them some slack - they are working on it.
    edited April 2018
    https://uo.com/2018/04/11/endless-journey-storage/

We would like to update you on storage options that will become available for Endless Journey accounts. All Endless Journey accounts will have access to their bank box providing a reduced amount of secure storage. Former Veteran accounts that return as Endless Journey accounts that have more items than the reduced limit allows will be able to view the contents of the bank, but will not be able to remove any items at this time. We are working on ways to provide access to these items and will update you as these options become available. We hope to have these changes live on Test Center sometime next week, and deployed World Wide as soon as testing permits. Remember you can gain access to all the items in your bank by subscribing at any time. Endless Journey has brought a new era to Ultima Online and we appreciate your continued patience and feedback while we fine tune the experience to best meet everyone’s needs.

Limited bank storage for EJ accounts just got implemented! AWESOME! Go UO Team! Now I can tell many people to come check it out. Though I might wait for some more fine-tuning.

KyronixB)
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    InLor said:
    https://uo.com/2018/04/11/endless-journey-storage/

We would like to update you on storage options that will become available for Endless Journey accounts. All Endless Journey accounts will have access to their bank box providing a reduced amount of secure storage. Former Veteran accounts that return as Endless Journey accounts that have more items than the reduced limit allows will be able to view the contents of the bank, but will not be able to remove any items at this time. We are working on ways to provide access to these items and will update you as these options become available. We hope to have these changes live on Test Center sometime next week, and deployed World Wide as soon as testing permits. Remember you can gain access to all the items in your bank by subscribing at any time. Endless Journey has brought a new era to Ultima Online and we appreciate your continued patience and feedback while we fine tune the experience to best meet everyone’s needs.

Limited bank storage for EJ accounts just got implemented! AWESOME! Go UO Team! Now I can tell many people to come check it out. Though I might wait for some more fine-tuning.

@ KyronixB)
    Don't worry, the "standard group" of the in-Forum griefers will SURELY have something to object anyway... :D ;)