Question about spymaster activities and event moderator boss credit

Hello Great Lakes,

I am trying to move some characters that I have not used in a long time two other shards so that when the Miniatures Treasures of events get started I will have a character ready to play them. I moved one to Lake Superior yesterday and it was a lot of fun. But the first one that I moved to was Great Lakes solely on the calendar listing for spymaster events each week. Great Lakes seems to have a really strong event moderator group and I liked the idea of spymaster themed events. Unfortunately I misread the calendar and the event I participated in this week was a royal guard event. I have a few questions if someone from The Shard could help me out:

1. Do I need to do anything in particular or sign up somewhere to participate in the spymaster events? Reading back through some old information it looks like you get credit for attending each one and there are rank advancements ceremonies once or twice a year. How do I get involved in that? Do I just show up and the event moderators are taking roll, or should I drop off my information in an email box or a game mailbox or something?

2. The character that I moved over to Great Lakes is a mixture of various skills I have soul stoned off on that account. His template is:

120 mysticism, 120 Focus, 100 mage, and then 100 in detecting hidden, lock picking, hiding, and 80 stealth.

I noticed during this week's guard event I almost never received looting rights to any of the event creatures. If I use this tune to also do event moderator activities that have boss drops at the end, is it going to be possible for me to qualify for a drop at some point? My understanding was that the boss drop system had been changed so that you are constantly accumulating credit and even though it may take several events you will ultimately get a drop. Is that correct? I moved this character over just because his template match the idea of a spy. I was hoping that I could also use him and drop events and qualify for a drop at some point. Is that possible?

Comments

• JuliaJulia Posts: 10
    Sorry about the many typos, I'm using dictation software on a tablet and it is not the best.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    To get looting rights
    Damage done
    Damage taken
    And healing done.

Tamer/archers/throwers are beat at events.
    Half seem to be in town, and it cuts summons and aoe spells out.

Gladly boss encounters seem to not be there for the most part.

As far as the detect, LP, hiding and stealth, in 3 uears i havent been to an event where thats useful. Even the spymaster stuff is more roleplay, taking out enemies so there isnt mass confrontation in the public eye.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    But yes, this build can get drops. Try to have positice karma. RC, and fireballs will help.

• JuliaJulia Posts: 10
    Thanks for the reply Norry.