Attention Kyronix = Removing Mage Armor at the NPC Shop

@Kyronix
Sorry I miss you today at the M@G on Atlantic, the schedule shows today from 7pm to 9pm ET and I showed up at 7:50pm and you were all leaving!!

anyway, my questions is regarding the Mage NPC that remove the mage armor!

can you pls make a way that when we click
the NPC to remove the mage armor property, He stop walking
around while we try to drop the armor on him? many times
i drop my armor on the floor bc we wont stop moving. I had
to use bagballs one day to block him.

even after you click to convert the armor he wont stop moving, causing me to drop my gear many many times on the floor.

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I remember there are others that do not move, such as the one in Brit library.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    I think the devs might take it more seriously if there weren't unapproved programs running in almost every screenshot submitted to them.

bagballs, that's the method right there, or do it in places where the npc doesn't move as @Seth said.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Pull off the npc's life bar and drop the item on that rather than on his head.
    Mariah said:

What.. Is that some EC Sorcery?  it doesn't work in CC.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:

Have to use the smaller bar in CC cant drag it. But, you can see it with cntr/shft.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Why would someone want to remove the mage armor property?  I can see why someone would want to add the property but not remove it.
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:

Have to use the smaller bar in CC cant drag it. But, you can see it with cntr/shft.
      she said 'pull off the npc's life bar' though, implying it wasn't the object handle,
     the object handle (ctrl+shift) moves with the npc though, at least most of the time it does.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    TimSt said:
    Why would someone want to remove the mage armor property?  I can see why someone would want to add the property but not remove it.
      Metal armor adds +1 LMC & high stamina protection without 'mage armor' to a maximum of +5 (45 cap)
     Studded, Bone, Hide & Stone armor adds +3 LMC & low stamina protection without 'Mage Armor' to a maximum of +15 (55 cap)

both at the cost of most passive mana regen from meditation skill & prevents active meditation.

It also allows you to apply refinements to the non-medible armor pieces, once mage-armor is removed.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited July 2020
    CovenantX said:
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:

she said 'pull off the npc's life bar' though, implying it wasn't the object handle,
     the object handle (ctrl+shift) moves with the npc though, at least most of the time it does.

CC does not work the same as EC.  We cant drop things on the health bar or click the health bar for actions.  Maybe you can get Popps to write a novel about it.
  • SinaSina Posts: 32
    Happened with me many times as well, the NPC wont stop walking around and the item end up at the floor. I do love the bagball idea, so to take the Devs time out if this, We should just block the NPC? lol
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Allow us to cast harmless offensive spells at wandering NPCs... such as paralyse and curse...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    TimSt said:

It's not the players fault, only the elite players are aware of this currently. Information should be available to all.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Mervyn said:
    TimSt said:

It's not the players fault, only the elite players are aware of this currently. Information should be available to all.

The elite and anyone who bothers to google "Armor Ultima online" try it for yourself.  pages on uoguide and the UO wiki come up with info about it. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited July 2020
    I tell you what @Victim_Of_Siege , how about we turn your tooltips off, no wait... we'll turn half the properties off, half of the time, and any time you see an artifact or any item, you google the properties, just incase it happens to be missing some in the display. 

It's elitist like you who don't want a fair playing field for new players. Do you feel a great sense of empowerment when you exclude others who haven't played for 15+ years?

Are you calling TimSt lazy? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Lol, so i simply mention that i googled "Armor Ultima online" and get the very information that you mention that no one knows and suddenly i'm an Elitist.  seems legit. and while we're at it, if i had left a game and wanted to know what had changed while i was gone, The very first thing i'd do is start googling various parts of the game.   

edited July 2020
    So you think the new players should start at reading the publish notes#75ish until they get to #109? I'm not even sure people like TimSt even is a returning player.

I'm sure its only a minority of people who know about the armor inherent bonuses.

Mervyn said:
    So you think the new players should start at reading the publish notes#75ish until they get to #109? I'm not even sure people like TimSt even is a returning player.

I'm sure its only a minority of people who know about the armor inherent bonuses.

Guess people need to exercise their Googler.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Pawain said:CC does not work the same as EC.  We cant drop things on the health bar or click the health bar for actions.  Maybe you can get Popps to write a novel about it.

LMAO!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There's that weird 94% thing in your pic too, weird where that comes from LOL
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    There's that weird 94% thing in your pic too, weird where that comes from LOL
    Its one of those cool Atlantic guilds that you or I will never be able to join.