Pub 109 Feedback - Store Items

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
For feedback and bugs on Pub 109 Store Items
  • Decorative Guildstones
    • Available in 3 different styles – Legacy, Knight Chess Piece, and Rook Chess Piece
    • When locked down in a house a context menu option allows the house owner to update guild information on the stone.
    • When double clicked the stone will display the Guild Name, Guild Abbreviation, Guild Leader’s Name, and Guild Leader’s Title.
    • The Guild # created on the shard for the first 1000 guilds ever created on a specific shard.  For guilds created after the first 1000 on a shard the shard the guild was created will be displayed.
    • Can be dyed with regular, pigment, natural, and promo dyes.
  • Decorative Mage’s Set
    • Each set includes 2 decorative mage thrones, 1 decorative magic book stand, 2 decorative specimen shelves, 1 decorative mage’s crystal ball, 1 decorative mage’s rug.
    • Each item can be dyed with regular, furniture, natural, and promo dyes.
    • The rug can be placed as both small and large versions.
  • Transmogrification Potion – Robe Slot
    • This potion will allow the transfer of properties from one robe slot item to another robe slot item.
    • Properties cannot be transferred to robe slot items that are imbued, quivers, or have any existing magical properties.
  • Vanity Mount – Capybara
  • Mini Castle & Keep Deeds
    • Raven’s Nest
    • The Spires

Comments

• How do we obtain these items to test?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @CalcuttaBaits - visit the dispensers at the Britain Commons on TC1
  • @Kyronix thanks, found them!
  • The decorative guidestones are cool. I have on question? When do we get the rest of the chess set.  ;)  Thanks again. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Hi, I am so excited to see this but was not able to test out in the TC:
      • This potion will allow the transfer of properties from one robe slot item to another robe slot item.
      • Properties cannot be transferred to robe slot items that are imbued, quivers, or have any existing magical properties.
    1) Where can we get the Parrot on the TC and try out if it works. The parrot is currently decorative and would be really nice if it can have properties of Hawkwind or the others.

2) Also the parrot has the name of the first character who got it, is there anyway to change or remove the name?

3) Can the Decorative Set have items that include function as a container, e.g. specimen shelves? Since it is paid version, maybe nice if the rug can spawn things, e.g.  like the Dolphin or Skull rugs.

4) Silver Plated Bubbling Cauldron: Would be nice if this can be a container too. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_BytorLord_Bytor Posts: 56
    The Guild # created on the shard for the first 1000 guilds ever created on a specific shard.  For guilds created after the first 1000 on a shard the shard the guild was created will be displayed.

- Does this mean if I lock down one of these New Guild Stones it will have my Guild info and the # of my Guild that I co-founded in 1999 on Catskills and that I still maintain ? I do have the original stone also.

This is just a comment regarding the Capybara. I am wondering why choose a giant rodent from Brazil in real life as a pet? Is it special in any way?

Undead theme: "Skeletal" Cat
    Mythical theme: Lasher Unicorn, Windrunner

Recently....
    Peacock: None of the above but fortunately it is famous for its beautiful tail.

Then...
    Coconut Crab
    Capybara

Frankly speaking, I have an issue with the Skeletal Cat but if I were to get back my confidence to buy pets again, I would stop at Peacock. The recent ones do not look interesting.
  • PinkyPixiePinkyPixie Posts: 18
    edited July 2020
    Transmogrification Potion –
    If use Transmogrification Potion,robe
    have a bug,

if you used SG robe  Transmogrification , change “hooded shroud of shadows ” its ok . but if you log off UO and log in UO “hooded shroud of shadows” will be change to "a monk's robe" and then not use dyeing for it

log off  and log in will be this

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Seth said:
    Hi, I am so excited to see this but was not able to test out in the TC:
    1) Where can we get the Parrot on the TC and try out if it works. The parrot is currently decorative and would be really nice if it can have properties of Hawkwind or the others.

2) Also the parrot has the name of the first character who got it, is there anyway to change or remove the name?

3) Can the Decorative Set have items that include function as a container, e.g. specimen shelves? Since it is paid version, maybe nice if the rug can spawn things, e.g.  like the Dolphin or Skull rugs.

4) Silver Plated Bubbling Cauldron: Would be nice if this can be a container too. 

If your character is on a regular shard, character copy taking the parrot with you.
    If your character is on Siege, ask if someone will copy one for you.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Looks like there are two threads, so I am posting this in both in hopes that it gets seen.

@Kyronix ; Please consider something different for the legacy guildstone... perhaps a marble or jade hue (like the character statues).  Original guildstones are a unique part of UO history and I would hate to see their uniqueness gone.
    @Lord_Bytor - Yes, all the pertinent information related to your guild will be displayed in the gump on the stone.  You can found a guild on TC1 and place a stone in a house if you'd like to see it.

@Seth - the capybara was requested by some of our Japanese players some time ago.

@PinkyPixie - thank you for the report, I think if I'm reading it correctly there is a display issue when refreshing the hover over text.  What should be happening is the name should be transferred from the source object to the destination object.

@Merus - Thanks for the feedback.  We don't have any plans to change the legacy stone.  While I see your point regarding the uniqueness of the original guildstone artwork I would offer that there are quite a few "legacy" guilds that no longer have their guildstones for one reason or another.  With this new item they can now have one again.
  • MrNiceMrNice Posts: 29
    source = robe of equinox , destination = gargish robe

do you think bug?

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Kyronix said:
    @ Lord_Bytor - Yes, all the pertinent information related to your guild will be displayed in the gump on the stone.  You can found a guild on TC1 and place a stone in a house if you'd like to see it.

@ Seth - the capybara was requested by some of our Japanese players some time ago.

@ PinkyPixie - thank you for the report, I think if I'm reading it correctly there is a display issue when refreshing the hover over text.  What should be happening is the name should be transferred from the source object to the destination object.

@ Merus - Thanks for the feedback.  We don't have any plans to change the legacy stone.  While I see your point regarding the uniqueness of the original guildstone artwork I would offer that there are quite a few "legacy" guilds that no longer have their guildstones for one reason or another.  With this new item they can now have one again.
    You realize that is exactly because not everyone has been able to keep them that the older ones have value.  The same applies to rubble, dreadmares, bane dragons, etc.  Having one of the originals should mean something, IMO.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    this is heaven !!! i will gladly buy !! does this create the possibility of reskining items? so say my halo could be a tricorne hat ..... @Kyronix
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Robe slot items only:
    You can Turn a Parrot into a plain Item.  Not sure if thats good.
    But, that allows you to turn any plain Item into another plain item, so ppl will like that.

Cloak of Corruption is a plain item. 

You can convert an item over and over.

Can use a human item and convert an elf robe.  Human can wear the elf robe graphic.

Everything I tried will convert works except the Stealth cloaks from EMs.  Says no EM items.

I like the way it keeps the color of the destination item.  I like how the name transfers.

@Kyronix can we get store items on TC.  Such as the Robes?

Since the potion says Robe Slot, I hope other slots are in future publish.

The potions would be nice Huntsmaster rewards or rewards for Halloween Dungeon.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I like the idea of the potions but shouldn’t be a crafting reward / recipe 
    edited July 2020

Hawkwind - Parrot Transmo:

1) Name retain as Hawkwind. Can we have options whether to keep Hawkwind or Parrot name? It becomes a Parrot and should have the name of the latter.

2) However, could the Parrot's name say [Character]'s Parrot be rename-able? I didn't know it would take on the name of the character that claims it. Maybe I missed that info earlier but it should not be fixed to a character name. Make it rename-able.

3) The toon on the character is missing the parrot. The parrot is only visible on the paperdoll. I understand it is small but if the Halo or Spellbook can be visible, I don't see why not the parrot since it is bigger than either one. My Halo below is white but if I change to red it is also visible on the toon (not just paperdoll).

The parrot is to show-off, what is the point when it is not visible on the toon. It is not often that we click on another's paperdoll to see what he has.

• It is my strong recommendation to make epaulettes craftable as blanks for the new property transfer store item.  At present epaulettes are the closet we have to "robe slot properties without something showing in the slot."  There are many sorts of characters where you actually want the armor to show.

-John's player

It is my strong recommendation to make epaulettes craftable as blanks for the new property transfer store item.  At present epaulettes are the closet we have to "robe slot properties without something showing in the slot."  There are many sorts of characters where you actually want the armor to show.

-John's player

I agree with this, especially. with introduction of transmogrification potion. 
    It is my strong recommendation to make epaulettes craftable as blanks for the new property transfer store item.  At present epaulettes are the closet we have to "robe slot properties without something showing in the slot."  There are many sorts of characters where you actually want the armor to show.

-John's player

The parrot will do this.

If you make an Epaulet craftable then the parrot should show in overhead view.
    @Merus - I don't think guildstones fall into the same category as rubble, dreadmares, and bane dragons.  Many guildstones were lost over the years for various reasons.  There are also differences in the new vs the old ones graphically.

Re: epaulettes as craftables, not at this time.  We struggle to find desireable rewards for a great deal of content due to a variety of factors.  Limited cosmetics is one of the few avenues we have left to utilize in that regard.

Re: the parrot - we are looking at addressing issues related to the functionality of the parrot after transmogrification.  we have no plans to allow renaming it, you can always claim additional parrots from the black market vendor.  The parrot is a paperdoll only item and due partly to the size but also because of limitations in the animations.  
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    Kyronix said:

Re: the parrot - we are looking at addressing issues related to the functionality of the parrot after transmogrification.  we have no plans to allow renaming it, you can always claim additional parrots from the black market vendor.  The parrot is a paperdoll only item and due partly to the size but also because of limitations in the animations.  
    Is there anyway we can keep the parrots name after transmogrification, not renaming but keep the name it already has? 
    Did anyone try to embroider the Parrot after it is turned into an item?

Im fine with no names.  That makes it so RPers or players who do not want the Robe slot to show will buy the parrots from us. 
  • MrNiceMrNice Posts: 29
    MrNice said:
    source = robe of equinox , destination = gargish robe

do you think bug?

@Kyronix

Gargoyle characters cannot wear this robe.
    edited July 2020

This is what happened:
    Transmog: "Tabard of Honor" ---> Robe
    Robe becomes "Tabard of Honor"

Next I collected a parrot from @Mariah (thanks!), I think its named Kirsten's Parrot.

After using the Transmog potion.
    Transmog: Robe ---> Parrot
    Robe with name "Tabard of Honor" becomes "Tabard of Seth" on the Parrot, my character's name.

It is neither the original parrot name, nor the original Tabard of Honor.

It does not look right to me. Maybe its better to let us select the final name for the destination item. So I can choose to keep Tabard of Honor or Kirsten's Parrot.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Kyronix said:
    For feedback 

• Mini Castle & Keep Deeds
      • Raven’s Nest
      • The Spires

Love these...
    Will these be the same cost as the original castle & keep?

I hope you make the other designs too.
    I know its been said that these were the most popular placed on the shards.
    I know some collectors who would love a collection of all the new designs.
  • [Re: epaulettes as craftables, not at this time.  We struggle to find desireable rewards for a great deal of content due to a variety of factors.  Limited cosmetics is one of the few avenues we have left to utilize in that regard.]

I have to admit that I've puzzled over what you might've meant by this since it was posted.  I have the impression that most people use the epaulettes solely as a means of having properties in the robe slot without covering up armor.  Is that what you meant by "cosmetics?"  Or did you mean that folks use epaulettes for the aesthetics of the epaulettes themselves?  

Either way are you saying that you have the impression that there'll be enough business for this store item just switching stats between visible robe slots?

[Re: epaulettes as craftables, not at this time.  We struggle to find desireable rewards for a great deal of content due to a variety of factors.  Limited cosmetics is one of the few avenues we have left to utilize in that regard.]

I have to admit that I've puzzled over what you might've meant by this since it was posted.  I have the impression that most people use the epaulettes solely as a means of having properties in the robe slot without covering up armor.  Is that what you meant by "cosmetics?"  Or did you mean that folks use epaulettes for the aesthetics of the epaulettes themselves?  

Either way are you saying that you have the impression that there'll be enough business for this store item just switching stats between visible robe slots?

Role players wanted a robe slot item that did not show up on their player.  Unfortunately the parrot thinks it is an epaulet so the parrot does not show on on your player.

That's what we were told when we noticed we could not see the parrot.