Pub 109 Feedback - Miscellaneous

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
For bugs and feedback related to Pub 109 Misc changes

Miscellaneous Updates

• Endless Journey players that have been dead for over 30 minutes in-game will be teleported to safe locations based on the facet.
  • Endless Journey accounts no longer receive Mininova wands in their banks.
  • Removed the cancel context menu option from Vendor Search.
  • Fixed server crash.

Client Updates

• Resolved Classic client issue which prevented the use of any of the gargoyle flight paths.
  • QoL Classic Client: Tab key now cycles text entry boxes in all generic gumps.

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I cannot find any thread regarding the champ spawn.

1) The carrot for the current champ spawns are the Powerscrolls and Mastery (T3). What is the carrot for the new champ spawn system?

2) There seems a lot of bugs for EC, why isn't there any updates at all for this client?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I am gonna go oit on a limb and suggest that the new champs carrot is an event drop, or global drop. Seems like this was put into play for greater variation on boss mobs, as well event mobs. Several cases where to many mobs were spawned based on participants, as well as global mobs left over for years( red sea serps in tokuno)
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @Seth - the "carrot" is the full breadth of existing & customizable rewards.  Pretty much anything we want to make "on the fly" we can plug into the new champ spawn.  It could be a quest item, it could be a reward drop, it could be anything really.  The thing to remember is that this Champ spawn exists OUTSIDE of the normal champ spawns so we wanted to frame expectations accordingly for this new implementation.

RE: EC Bugs if there are specific EC issues that you would like to see resolved please let us know, @Bleak is always tinkering under the hood of the EC to resolve issues.

@Norry brings up a major point for these new dynamic encounters.  Traditionally we are limited to deploying new encounters with limited variability between shards.  That is no longer the case now that we can implement them dynamically. 

Keep an eye on UO.com for announcements on public test events for this and other dynamic encounter systems coming in Pub 109.
  • Lord_BytorLord_Bytor Posts: 56
    Hello. The Silver Plated Tome. It has an allow access in it's menu but nothing happens when clicking it. Will there be a story added later to each book or is the lock down menu access a glitch ?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    Kyronix said:
    @ Seth - the "carrot" is the full breadth of existing & customizable rewards.  Pretty much anything we want to make "on the fly" we can plug into the new champ spawn.  It could be a quest item, it could be a reward drop, it could be anything really.  The thing to remember is that this Champ spawn exists OUTSIDE of the normal champ spawns so we wanted to frame expectations accordingly for this new implementation.

RE: EC Bugs if there are specific EC issues that you would like to see resolved please let us know, @ Bleak is always tinkering under the hood of the EC to resolve issues.

@ Norry brings up a major point for these new dynamic encounters.  Traditionally we are limited to deploying new encounters with limited variability between shards.  That is no longer the case now that we can implement them dynamically. 

Keep an eye on UO.com for announcements on public test events for this and other dynamic encounter systems coming in Pub 109.

Ok thanks and noted the new Champ system is a tool for the EM to generate.

I hope Bleak can take a break from tweaking pvp and spend some time on EC. If he can really address them, I will continue to post the issues in the bug forum.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited July 2020
    @Kyronix

In regards to 
    Endless Journey players that have been dead for over 30 minutes in-game will be teleported to safe locations based on the facet.
    If you are doing this to address the plague of Ghost Cams (which I hope is the reason for this new feature as it would show that something is being done to finally address this inbalancing and game stopping abuse) I hope that : 

1) - The time set of 30 minutes is ACROSS 24 hours total logging in of that account even if at intervals across that 24 hours, right ?

Because, otherwise, what players using Ghost Cams would do, is simply set up their script to have that Account with a Ghost Cam LOG OFF and then LOG back ON "before" whatever timer you set for the teleporting to a safe location would work.

UNLESS the logging back in does NOT reset that 30 minutes timer (and the timer needs to be across 24 hours real time from server to server maintainance), what you will get is no change from the current status quo..... players would STILL be using EJ accounts as Ghost Cams endlessly, 24/7 with only the additional annoyance of having the script log off that account at the 29th minute and log it back in for additional 29 minutes of Ghost Camming....

Also, I think 30 minutes spread out across 24 hours is still way too long.

Realistically, especially now that in-game Maps show the location of the nearest Healer to get ressed, how long does it take to a Ghost to get ressed ? Seconds....

And how often can a character across a few hours of gameplay need to get ressed ? Not many I would imagine....

And, as we know, a Ghost cannot interact with the world so, there is not much gameplay that can happen while being a Ghost....

So, even if spanned across 24 hours of a real life day, I think that the timer could be lowered to 15 minutes and still be plenty...

This, because EJ accounts are free and, therefore, even if 1 EJ account is "burnt", so to speak, to be used as a Cam for that 24 hour period, player can just fire up another EJ account and use that and when that one is burnt for that day, use another and so on.

So, having a time set too long would reduce the number of EJ account to be used and would result in less annoyance.

Instead, if you set that timer to, say, 10 minutes across 24 hours, that would require a LARGE number of EJ accounts to effectively monitor in game locations, an abusing activity which you then could start to monitor since all of these EJ accounts necessarily need to be linked to a Master account.

So, when you see that a Master account (or a few Master accounts) has/have an unusually high number of EJ accounts linked to it/them, this should ring a bell up for you and prompt for further investigation that something against the TOS might be going and that needs to be addressed not just against those EJ accounts but also to the subscribed Master Account(s) to which they are linked to....

The second issue though, that this change does not address, assuming that you are doing it to take care of the inbalancing plague of EJs being used as Cams to monitor in-game locations unfairly and against the TOS when scripted and AFK, is HIDDEN EJs....

2) - What about HIDDEN EJ characters still being used as Cams ?

Your change to EJ Ghosts would not address these....

Sure, they could still be tracked, revealed and killed making them then Ghosts which would follow under the changed mechanics for EJ Ghosts but frankly, why would a PAYING player with a subscribed account need to be subject to have to go through all of the hassle of having to stop every few tiles to use the Tracking skill and then Detect Hidden to reveal a Hidden EJ Cam, not to mention having to spend precious skill points on their Template to accomodate Tracking and Detect Hidden so as to deal with EJ Hidden characters which are FREE ?

I mean, what would be the point, if I may ask, to give so much an inbalancing advantage to accounts which bring no resources to Ultima Online (EJ accounts) especially when this comes at the EXPENSE of the gameplay of paying customers ?

You want to have paying customers have to have tracking and detect hidden on their templates to deal with Hidden EJ characters which bring no resources to UO and also have paying customers have to go through the hassle to stop every few tiles to track and use detect hidden if they find an Hidden EJ Cam and this to benefit EJ accounts which pay no subscription to UO ?

I do not get it.

If the intent is, as I hope, that of finally addressing the abuse of Cams in Ultima Online to monitor locations in the game and thus heavily affect the gameplay of paying customers abusing of game mechanics (and possibly also against the TOS is afk scripts are used in the process), then, you cannot stop at EJ Ghosts but need to also address the use of Hidden EJ characters (not Ghosts) which can well be used as Cams just the same.

Thanks.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @popps. It is 30 continuous minutes from death. Logging out does not pause the timer. I tested it several times.
    @Kyronix, will the new tools help with creation of events like the Invasion? 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    TimSt said:
    @ popps. It is 30 continuous minutes from death. Logging out does not pause the timer. I tested it several times.
    Which it means that it is 30 minutes from server to server maintainance ?

If so, that is better but can still be abused as 30 minutes is way too long across 24 hours.

Considering the few seconds it takes to get ressed, I think 10 or at most 15 minutes would be plenty time, rather then 30 minutes...

The point is, to have players abusing EJ accounts to use them as Cams, to have to have so many of them linked to their Master account that it would ring a bell that something odd is going on there... and thus have Broadsword further investigate the issue and take action when needed.

Also, as I said, that change does not address Hidden EJs still used as Cams...

Something needs to be done there just as well....
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    @Kyronix pvpers been waiting months for changes. No pvp adjustments/changes/editions seen in publish. We were told there would be updates to VVV at 20 Anny party where are they at?
    edited July 2020
    @TimSt - at this time we don't have a dynamic invasion system slated - that requires a bit more backend tinkering so we focused on Boss Fights, Champ Spawns, and ToT in the short term.

@Cody - we've worked some PvP updates in where we can.  If there are specific changes you would like to see you can start a conversation and tag @Bleak.  One of the items we listed as a possibility for our roadmap at the 20th Anniversary presentation were VvV updates.  Our development process is very fluid and things change.  It's still on our radar, but no update on when we may get to it at this time.
    Could the patcher be updated to use the default browser when you click on a link in the news section? Right now it keeps bringing up Internet Explorer even on Win 10. Since Microsoft is no longer supporting IE it probably is time the patcher does as well.
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    @Kyronix there is a somewhat active forum of issues still needing to be adjust(from just a week after pub 108 to current) I will tag you both again thanks 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    There’s one and a half bug fixes listed here. What about all the bugs listed on the bug section in this forum? 

Specifically could you please now patch an issue with select/attack nearest hostile targeting red/grey ally members/summons on both clients.
    This should be blocked by checking “block war on friendly” 
    moreover “block war on friendly” should not prevent you attacking blues as this is already covered by “query criminal”

that’ll do for now. Baby steps.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

@Mervyn - we have set aside some time for additional bug fixes in our ongoing development cycle in the coming months.  
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    @kyronix what about scriting house placement issue