Pub 109 - Dynamic Champ Spawn feedback

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
Feedback for the Dynamic Champion Spawn  - please note we are NOT looking for feedback on the specific content.  This is a test event that will not be deployed beyond TC.  We are looking for feedback specifically as it relates to THE SYSTEM.  This includes,

Mob spawn density
Level progression
Champion Mob spawn
Participation reward (You should get a ship in a bottle that barks a message when dbl clicked)
Final Reward (you should get a spellbook with +50 SDI and a random slayer)

Again - focus on the functionality of the system and not on the content it has been setup with.  Thanks!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Where is this and when?

Are the rewards on TC?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I need a walkthru...  Got a book found Foxx.  He wont interact with me or say anything.

The Quest NPCs should have a way to ID them.  Cant talk to them or interact.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Try saying, "Greetings"
    Thanks.  Got Vol II.  I'm guessing the last sentence is the clue.  I went to the only one I know of in Trammel.  Nothing there.

I suck at puzzles.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    @Kyronix
    I spent around 30mins to gather my slayers and copy my char over the Test Center, redo the equipping macro, got a house, and then rushed off to greet the new Champ...

Died in 2 seconds, quite typical Event-level boss where we ended up paying for insurance... lol. Ok I have no further comments, its a champ spawn for creating ghosts quickly and efficiently. :D

Addendum:
    Best part is I relogin and could not find a healer nearby... have to use my sacrifice virtue or back to Commons.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    The above was my Sampire.

Tried with my mystic mage and is the same, it was teleported next to the champ for the efficient ghost-making process.

Not sure what we are testing here, but it sure meet the usual event standard boss.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Basic functionality for the system.  If you were able to get the boss to pop, looks like things are going well!
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    the boss has been popped its impossible ot kill btw unless its intended to be a em event boss difficulty
    otherwise like others have said its just a ghost maker
  • Did the boss tonight. Got the ship in the bottle and mage book. If you double click on the ship, you get coordinates. If you then find the coordinates and sail there, you find Water Logged Cargo. However, nothing seems to happen with the cargo. We tried sailing close to it, double clicking, fishing near it, nothing. Are we missing anything or is this by design?

• The boss popped but regend multiple times. First time to 75% health,next to 50%, next to 25%. Seems a little overdone in that it can one shot kill you and pets. It was doing 274 points of damage at the time and more. This seems a tad much. Challenge is good but this was frustrating and we had a group of 9 to 12 plus pets. Archers included.
  • Note: I have not personally tested yet, only read what others have said.

But being one hit killed is the opposite of fun. It can get down right frustrating and can be demoralizing. If the bosses are like this, they need to be toned down. A special move that hits for 90ish hp is fine. Less advanced characters may die but most should survive with a few hp left. But after it does that move, there needs to be a small cooldown so it isn't chained.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    A lil late to the party, but I would like to make the following suggestions:

Have the waves of spawn drop something people want along the way, or what WILL happen is a handful of people slog thru the spawn while others wait until the boss and only then show up.

Alternatively (and my preference), make it so there is little to no chance of a drop from the boss if you did not participate in spawning it. Similar to how Krampus is set up.

One shot kills are frustrating. This can be mitigated if the boss gives some warning. Text, color, sound effect, something, so that it can be avoided if the player is paying attention. Several encounters in UO utilize this already.

I look forward to these events. The potential for new and interesting things to do and rewards for doing them are appealing to me.
    @AnneNomilly you should have been able to dbl click on the cargo box and get a lore book.  Moved the crate up to make sure it wasn't an "out of reach" issue.

@Tanager you can collect participation rewards along the way from killing the champ spawn mobs.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Ah, so the ship in the bottle, with the resulting lore book, is the participation drop along the way? EM/Dev tailored per event? Sounds fun!
    Tanager said:
    Ah, so the ship in the bottle, with the resulting lore book, is the participation drop along the way? EM/Dev tailored per event? Sounds fun!

That would be nice, get a book with the event name and/or a ship in a bottle for a participation reward.
  • Lord_BytorLord_Bytor Posts: 56
    I enjoyed the Boss. The drop was perfect. The paragons were a little insane. You moved the crate up for book 3 but it is still Incredibility hard to get. It's on a server line and that player ship makes it a pain to try and get :(