can we have a date for the end of the invasion

All player really like to know when special event will finish. we can figure our play time to a rush or not  this event...

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    From the recent Meet and Greet:

gift says: was wondering if the invasion end date was ever stated or do we still have ample time to do it?
    Mesanna says: We were talking mid june
    gift says: uhh
    Mesanna says: turning this on(e) off but we will advertise it
    Mesanna says: and let everyone know

So, you best keep doing it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    heee hooo!!!!!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I suggest they continue it until at least the end of June if not even further.....

It is fun content, many players are enjoying it, so, unless they have some other content ready to be released that would also see a similar participation from the UO players base, what would be the point of stopping it and leaving players with not such much fun gameplay anymore ?

@Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix , want to please consider running this fun playing Invasion content for longer unless you have better and more enjoyable content to publish as ready ?

Thanks !
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    no this needs to stop sooner rather than later. It's been running too long already. Continue it on prodo shards if you wish but please turn it off on Siege already. Noone should be able to farm high end items in complete safety (guardzone)
    Interesting. Even siege players don't like to get pked. 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Soon...
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Invasion is 2 hours of torture and 5 mins of excitement. Those generals are making me sleepy.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    We have not had any new content for over 6 months, so Im sure they will roll something new and fantastic out...soon. And new EM "tools" is NOT new content. Lets go Dev team, show us what ya got!
    jelinidas said:
    We have not had any new content for over 6 months, so Im sure they will roll something new and fantastic out...soon. And new EM "tools" is NOT new content. Lets go Dev team, show us what ya got!
    I totally agree.

New EM tools is NOT new content, by no means, to my viewing....

If there is actual, brand new content that players can enjoy and have fun then great, have the Town Invasions at some point fade away into BRAND NEW content to keep players having fun.

BUT, and this is my argument, if such brand NEW content is not yet ready, THEN, since apparently players DO ARE enjoying to Town Invasions since they are participating to them, one way or the other, I say KEEP the Town Invasions running as long as BRAND NEW content will be ready to replace them.

I do not see the point to end content (the Town Invasions) that is having such a high participation from players with basically nothing else, if no brand new content is ready to be Published.....

That is at least how I see it.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    If you don't enjoy doing the Invasions then go do some thing else. If you feel they should stop YOU come up with the new content. The developers don't seem to have anything ready at the moment.

PS I get my enjoyment for seeing PVPs complain that people are having fun else were and won't play with them.
    Maybe they can only turn on one at a time.
    Since they can bring back invasion with +50 SDI spellbook, maybe they can also bring back events to get the bane dragon, non-replica Lieutenant sash, First aid belt, Serpent’s Jawbone, Fellowship medallion, etc...
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Tim said:

PS I get my enjoyment for seeing PVPs complain that people are having fun else were and won't play with them.

The PvPs just bring out their blues for the first 10 minutes of invasion and clear the mages then laugh at the rest for cleaning up spawn. Rinse and repeat. 
  • Would LOVE to see Banes come back since i missed it on the original release

jelinidas said:
    Tim said:

The PvPs just bring out their blues for the first 10 minutes of invasion and clear the mages then laugh at the rest for cleaning up spawn. Rinse and repeat. 

Hopefully, for future added content the mechanics for drops will change, and we will never see this type of things happening again, where a few players using more advanced and expensive templates/pets all geared and scrolled up hoard 90%+ of the drops leaving the rest of players empty handed...

That is at least what I gather from the transcripts that I could read of Developers' answers to players' Queries in this regards, at the latest Catskills meet and greet.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    my question was simply asking to know the date the event will end for people to rush it or not....i really hate the way 3-4 days prior ending they announce it
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    edited June 2020
    Hopefully we'll get more of an advanced notice as I still haven't got a full 50 sdi yet nor a 30. The invasion is at the point where when I get on nobody is doing it-- only at hot times does it get done.

Agree with others, leave it on unless we're getting other events turned on, which I hope we do get the other stuff as this one is definitely got me burnt out. :D
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2020
    popps said:
    jelinidas said:
    Tim said:

Hopefully, for future added content the mechanics for drops will change, and we will never see this type of things happening again, where a few players using more advanced and expensive templates/pets all geared and scrolled up hoard 90%+ of the drops leaving the rest of players empty handed...

That is at least what I gather from the transcripts that I could read of Developers' answers to players' Queries in this regards, at the latest Catskills meet and greet.

I've been getting drops from every General (including Mages) with 5 skilled up Wolf Spiders on my Disco/Tamer while having my 4x120 Bard/Mage buffing/healing them with Provo Masteries. Each Wolf Spider is dealing 100-130 damage a hit to a discoed General, so 500-650 damage every 1.25 secs. The Generals just melt once my Wolf Spiders get on them. Not even Sampires spamming DS nor 120 Chiv+AI Tritons can compete with that.
    Doesn't take any real crazy gear, template, or scrolled up pets for that.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Overall, very disappointed in the invasions.  Expected an event in which I would have a fair chance to get an invasion spell book.  Did not expect an event enabling one class of players, tamers with powerful pets, to loot all of the spell books in the first 15 minutes of an event lasting over two hours. Would have liked this event to be more like the Tokuno event which allowed all players an opportunity to earn a reward they could use. What I see here is a small group of players getting the bulk of the books.  Would have preferred an event in which players either had a random chance of getting a book from any general they helped slay or in which they would get some sort of cumulative credit based on rank of the soldiers they they had fought and the amount of damage they had done.  Also, don't quite understand why the final boss just gives out the same stuff I get from anything else I slay just more of it.  Would expect the boss to give out something unique to the event and useful.
    popps said:
    jelinidas said:
    Tim said:

I've been getting drops from every General (including Mages) with 5 skilled up Wolf Spiders on my Disco/Tamer while having my 4x120 Bard/Mage buffing/healing them with Provo Masteries. Each Wolf Spider is dealing 100-130 damage a hit to a discoed General, so 500-650 damage every 1.25 secs. The Generals just melt once my Wolf Spiders get on them. Not even Sampires spamming DS nor 120 Chiv+AI Tritons can compete with that.
    Doesn't take any real crazy gear, template, or scrolled up pets for that.
    @PlayerSkillFTW

Out of curiosity, how do you get by with walking around with 5 Wolf Spiders at the start of a Town Invasion when the spawn is heavy and your 5 pets get all aggroed by this and that spawn as you walk looking for Mage Generals ?

I assume that this might slow you down a whole lot and, thus, make it way hard to find Mage Generals before others who can just ride their pet and run fast all over the place can find them before you....
    You find the general with one toon. Then gate the spiders in. Or you could use 5 pet balls.
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    Arnold7 said:
    Overall, very disappointed in the invasions.  Expected an event in which I would have a fair chance to get an invasion spell book.  Did not expect an event enabling one class of players, tamers with powerful pets, to loot all of the spell books in the first 15 minutes of an event lasting over two hours. Would have liked this event to be more like the Tokuno event which allowed all players an opportunity to earn a reward they could use. What I see here is a small group of players getting the bulk of the books.  Would have preferred an event in which players either had a random chance of getting a book from any general they helped slay or in which they would get some sort of cumulative credit based on rank of the soldiers they they had fought and the amount of damage they had done.  Also, don't quite understand why the final boss just gives out the same stuff I get from anything else I slay just more of it.  Would expect the boss to give out something unique to the event and useful.

That's so far off base. I used a melee toon with a sword and gotten 10 books the first week or so without trying to much. I haven't did an invasion since May 20th and came way with a nice stack of books. 

That is a peerless boss and you can get artifacts, I did... 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2020
    Arnold7 said:

Most Tamers are getting out damaged by Sampires spamming Onslaught+DS against the Generals. The only Tamers that are out damaging Sampires, are the very few using 5 Pack Instinct creatures, such as myself. I too would prefer it though if any General had a chance of dropping any weapon, including Spellbooks.
    The Boss at the end has a much higher chance than Peerlesses to have a 30/30 Crafting Talisman as loot. They have the same kind of loot as Peerlesses, but in much higher quantity and intensity.

Pawain said:
    You find the general with one toon. Then gate the spiders in. Or you could use 5 pet balls.

This ^. I use my Bard/Mage to locate the Mage Generals, then i gate in my Disco/Tamer with the 5 Wolf Spiders in. If i find an Archer General after the Mages are down, then i'll also gate in my Thrower. Got 8 Bane Soul Glaives now.
  • JeddakJeddak Posts: 10
    I just came back from not playing for 20 years on LS. I don't have a tamer and at first I was a bit annoyed the invasion seemed just a tamer event but as I get to know the game again I see there is alot more to UO. Not sure if the invasions happening now are the same ones you were talking about in June but I've been enjoying them so I'll be sad to see them go. I don't get to the see the highest loot but from picking up a few things dropped or left on the ground I figured it had to be some good stuff I wasn't seeing. Since many things are priced at levels I never dreamed of during the early days of UO I appreciate what I find. And I can handle the lesser mobs during the invasions so when the invasions are gone LS will be pretty quiet and I'll be reduced to standing in the Luna parade line silently thinking I guess. And just a word, overall there hasn't been much friendliness shown or even communication since I arrived and I try to help out with heals and such. This can't be good for new (and probably young) players looking for the social element. For me, being 64 I can adapt to whatever.
    edited July 2020
    I need to concur with what @Jeddak is saying and I also hope, for a number of reasons, that the Town Invasions will be let continue at least until September when I understand there will be a new Publish with actual new content....

The main reason to let them continue, I think it is that they are a perfect environment setting and spawn for new or returning players who need to work their skills up, their pets' skills up, make some gold to get started...

That is, is my point of view, letting the Town Invasions keep going until actual, new content is ready to be released sometimes in September I understand, would help players just returning or new to Ultima Online to get a head start and thus want to stick playing the game, it would help Tamers train up their new tames and thus enhance their stables, I mean, it would be a beneficial situation for the game, overall....

Sure, I can understand that by now that there may be players tired of going to them but hey, they do not have to do them.... they can leave them to all other players who, instead, can still enjoy participating in them.

@Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix , can we please see the Town Invasions be let going some more, until some actual, new content will be ready to get published to replace them ?
  • We defended our cities and drove back the hoards in masses.  End this thing and give us back our cities.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Or switch to the event that gave out Serpent Jawbones.
    I think the upcoming Publish 109 may address what comes after invasion:
    Dynamic Treasures and Champ Spawns.

Without this, they would need to re-activate old events or else spend quite a bit of time to do backend work for new events.

What this may mean also is that, we could be getting more events soon... So maybe as some said, the current invasion may not end until Sep or as and when Publish 109 is approved to proceed.

I think we should all help to test out the new dynamic system and see if it works, and what are the bugs.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I could complain that because I have a job, I wasn't able to farm as many books and crap as I would like to have, but I won't do that. You're welcome.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I could complain that because I have a job, I wasn't able to farm as many books and crap as I would like to have, but I won't do that. You're welcome.

No worries, you didn't miss anything. I spend 30mins to prepare to take on the Champ and died in 2 seconds. It sure meets the usual event-level standard, such as creating ghosts quickly and insurance scam...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    For developing players like myself, I have been playing Ultima Online for about a year and a half, I would like to see the Invasions continue.  When the invasions started I had hoped to get some spell books but I discovered early on that my character had little or no chance of getting a book.  The more experienced players leading the charge into the cities often cleaned out the mage generals before I had a chance to even find one.  Some of these players now appear now to have lost interest I don't see them participating anymore.  For me, that means I have a chance to get spell books.  With fewer players participating,  moderately advanced players like myself now have a chance to get spell books and I am now averaging about 1 book per invasion (that's about one or two books a night when I have the time).
    I enjoy doing the invasions because they give me a chance to work with and get to know other players.  I really appreciate this.  I really enjoy working with one or two other players to bring down a general.  I am also learning a lot more about my character and how to play it.  So for developing players like myself,  I would ask that the invasions continue for awhile.