Virtue Shield.

I'm sorry, but for roughly £12.24 ($16.34) 
I think we need to know exactly what the "bonus" to virtue point collecting is? because the rest of the shield certainly aint worth it.

Comments

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Agreed. This feels like it was priced by someone who is wildly out of touch with reality. 

700 sovs, MAX.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    Agree with above.

Unless this triples virtue gain, I cannot see this thing ever being worth that price.  And why not just tell us?  You are expecting us to spend money on it, I really think we should know what we are getting.  The vagueness is tiring, and not helpful to us or Broadsword.

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    No MR or other Stats make this less than desirable specially for $15.00
  • Don't be caught bank sitting without it!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited June 2018
    Ive got most of my virtues done, only lack to train one from follower to knight. I was hoping this shield could help with that, but at that price no. 1500soverigns really?
    Sure the virtue shield would help many of my chars achieve max virtue but I really dont need that, I only have one char with virtues and cba maintaining the virtues for all

Also what are the benefit for having all virtues done? if they throw in a real bone here I might consider have more chars with virtues. But that would really unfair for murders and not recomended as murders cant have virtues and it create unbalances for pvp.

Also in UOstore if you click "decorations" it crash 2d client 100% of the time, been so for a few month now :P
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    Thinking, since this is a "boost" item at high price, does this make it the actual first P2W item?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    psycho said: Also in UOstore if you click "decorations" it crash 2d client 100% of the time, been so for a few month now :P
    Must be your computer because the decorations open just fine in the CC for me.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TrevelyanTrevelyan Posts: 21
    It does seem a bit pricey for something that - on the face of it - appears to be a low-level loot item.

But I'm curious what the virtue gain is like; could be fun! The description is a bit too vague though, needs a bit more clarity I think!
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    pay to win = lame
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Slayvite said:
    Thinking, since this is a "boost" item at high price, does this make it the actual first P2W item?
    No, the first P2W item was the forged tool. 100% enhance chance > 20% Virtue points.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Just sell me the Virtues in the store, I don't need to hold a shield. And sell me PS's, vet rewards, gold, whatever..if you're gonna take my money, TAKE IT !!..but this silly stuff you're adding makes zero sense...and @Kyronix ..answer my post please regarding a 5 slot Grizzled Mare...or sell me a 5 slot in the store....

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited June 2018
    If they made this a vet reward, people would be happy. But because this convenience item (and it IS just a convenience; the virtues can be gained and maintained in exactly the same way as before) folks are calling it pay to win. Personally, I am in favor of anything that reduces some of the endless grind. Granted, I would rather they reduced the decay/usage rate, or made the gain rate faster, but making money to keep the game alive works for me too. You do not actually need this shield, because nothing has changed. It is just to make life a little easier. If the shield itself had uber stats plus its convenience factor, then it WOULD be pay to win.

Soul Stones and Smuggler's Edge, imo, do fall into the pay to win category because they offer services you just cannot get in game otherwise. However, because they are tradable so that players can pay with in game gold, I am fine with it.

As for the price... I have to agree, it is a bit steep. I personally would price it at or below the usefulness of a SS or one of the mounts. But in the grand scheme of things, most people are happy to spend far more for dinner and a movie, or for beer and a pizza delivery, pedicure, or any number of fleeting things. This pixel purchase would be a lot more enjoyable for a lot longer :)

It would be nice (and good marketing) if they said how much it boosts. However, an interesting thing about UO is that, for better or for worse, they don't hold our hands. This creates a community of players that has to go out and figure stuff out on their own and post it somewhere for folks to find. If I have time, I think I will head over to TC1 and play with this shield for a bit.

Just my two cents.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I really thought these would cost about $3.00 NOT $15.00 LOL 

:s 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Blessed, weight 8 st, spell channeling, dci 10%, 8% to all resists, str requirement 35 durability 255/255. While equipped this shield will grant a 20% bonus to all virtue points gained
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Thank you Mariah! 
  • AtlanteanAngelAtlanteanAngel Posts: 53
    edited May 2020
    Mariah said:
    Blessed, weight 8 st, spell channeling, dci 10%, 8% to all resists, str requirement 35 durability 255/255. While equipped this shield will grant a 20% bonus to all virtue points gained

So for Sacrifice virtue, I just need to equip the Virtue Shield only at the moment I sacrifice my Fame to a suitable monster for the 20% bonus, correct?

As opposed to say, for Valor virtue, I'll need to keep the Virtue Shield equipped throughout all the time I kill Champ Spawm mobs for the 20% bonus, correct?

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Still to much
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • TyrtleTyrtle Posts: 15
    Add 200 Luck and I would buy it in a heartbeat.