Vendor Search

2»

Comments

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Why is this thread not on the first page even immediately after someone posts?
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Bleak said:
    We will be doing some maintenance on the Vendor Search backend with the release of Publish 107 which should help resolve some of these issues. 
    Thanks for the heads up @Bleak

When is Pub107? I know it is supposed to be Soon™, but a real date would help. And this being such an integral part of the game now, isn't there a quick-fix you can apply? Maybe BASH the database a few times? Or at least a better response than "vauge" - which only encourages MORE searches for MORE lag (and time-outs) on the query streams.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited October 2019
    Bleak said:
    We will be doing some maintenance on the Vendor Search backend with the release of Publish 107 which should help resolve some of these issues. 
    If there is no time to fix all the issues reported, please fix at least the "too vague" issue.

Would be veeeeeery frustrating to see that not being fixed for Atlantic players.

The choice of words "should help" and "some of these issues" sounds not very promising.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • BenelliBenelli Posts: 27
    Haven forbid you have to run around looking at vendors before this stupid system was implemented. 
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Benelli said:
    Haven forbid you have to run around looking at vendors before this stupid system was implemented. 
    Nothing is stopping you from spending your days doing just that. Personally, I prefer to play the game rather than run around looking at vendors.
    edited October 2019
    Benelli said:
    The joy of hundreds of vendors named after what you were looking for, stuffed with bags, containing more bags, containing empty bags. Oh the joy. Not. Did you run a mall that nobody cares about anymore now?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Thank you DEVs for fixing Vendor Search.
    everything I have tried searching for is showing up now.
    (on Atlantic)
    YAY
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Don't know what you are searching for.  Today I tried searching on Atlantic for a First Aid Belt.

Type in

First Aid Belt = too vague
    Belt = too vague
    First = too vague

all the above with the Equipment 'Belt' Slot selected = too vague
    all the above with HP regen 2 selected = too vague. 

Low to high / high to low with a combination of the above = too vague.

So I took out everything logged out and back in and just put in the word 'aid' with 'high to low' selected and got them, so then tried just the word 'first' and got them (both times with a bunch of other stuff).  If you go 'low to high' I got zip with the same words.

I do NOT consider this to be working.

I should be able to type in 'First Aid Belt' as it is written to get the results not spend a half hour mucking about with different combinations and such.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    edited November 2019
    The vendor search fix only goes live with the next publish. No fix was done so far at all.

Sometimes you are lucky and it works. Often when you need it, it won't work.

I would be suprised to see anyone honestly fix it.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I've just reactivated my account and logged in. I'm getting the "too vague" on 99% of my searches. I headed straight over to the forums to see if anyone else has had this issue and found this thread from OCTOBER!!! What is going on???
  • DJAd said:
    What is going on???
    No much as you can tell. They like getting told though.
  • Soon™
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    Returning player here, extremely sad that my incredibly specific searches aren't working.

I'm using name, price range, armor slot, not brittle, not antique, not auction and I'm still getting criteria too vague.

Item name alone used to work perfectly fine on all shards as I used this function with just "Item Name" criteria many, many times.

Please, please fix this.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited February 2020

Also...

Did you know whatever you put in Item Name is being searched through item properties as well?

That seems like extra work is being done by the search function that doesn't have to be in there...

If you search for "Lower Mane Cost" as an item name, all items with LMC come up with it.  However, we already have a selective property to specifically look for LMC.

EDIT: If a dev happens to read this, please keep the ability in to search for Lesser Artifact, etc. TY heart
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

You might want to be generic in your search.  For example using "slayer" because you want to look at all possible slayers. Or because the property is not selectable.  For example "dinosaur slayer' is not a selectable property so you need to use it in the item name.

• RadstRadst Posts: 90
    VS only lasted for about 2 months until it started to be unstable again. Right now it is 99% dead.

Pretty sure no one would mind a regular monthly maintenance (1-2 hours downtime) if that's what it takes to keep it running. But please do not act only when it is this dead.

And I dont know why some players think it is okay as long as some workarounds work for them. It is not okay -- the issue is big and real.
  • GrimGrim Posts: 16
    I know you guys have a small team and are overworked, but you've got to approach this differently somehow. The state of vendor search is horrendous.

I'm not even going to pretend to understand the architecture you currently have but surely you have the ability to dump out vendor deltas or even the full export to a secondary server that uses something like lucene which can properly index meta data and get rid of most of the noise. 

Get me a dump of your vendor item data and I'll put together a repo using lucene and .net core for free. ^^

• SomeplayerSomeplayer Posts: 11
    edited December 2020
    Ugg this is still a problem on Atlantic as of 12/19/2020.  Vendor search works fine on the other shard I play on though.  I think this is a side effect of too may people being on Atlantic.  We broke the system.  But why though?  Why is it every other MMORPG on the market has a stable auction house or system that can serve their players even on large servers?  Shame on you UO fix this please!

Meanwhile...maybe life on other servers will become fashionable again?
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53

sometime vs bug and do something good show auction price
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    It seems that VS gets very unstable every 2 to 3 months. Has been this pattern for a long time.

Until there is a permanent solution that can fix this pattern, perhaps Devs can consider doing a regular maintenance every 2 months. I'm sure no one will complain about a few hours of downtime in exchange of a very stable VS system that can last 2 months.

• AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Ugg this is still a problem on Atlantic as of 12/19/2020.  Vendor search works fine on the other shard I play on though.  I think this is a side effect of too may people being on Atlantic.  We broke the system.  But why though?  Why is it every other MMORPG on the market has a stable auction house or system that can serve their players even on large servers?  Shame on you UO fix this please!

Meanwhile...maybe life on other servers will become fashionable again?
    Had this problem no later than last week on Lake Superior. I guess we have to learn to live with it.