Tips for Training Discord?

Working on a Disco Tamer build and am at the point where everything is good but the Discord skill. I'd appreciate any tips or sources for solid training information.  I've looked for pinks and blues on Cats and haven't been able to find any yet, so its looking like I just need to grind it out.  Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Have tanky pet stressed and tanking a ton of *insert level appropriate creature here*.  Then discord them all walk off screen, walk back, discord them all again, repeat.  Heal pet as needed, lock music at 100, use an opposing slayer instrument if available.  Do this until 90, then get and spam the mastery on a summons or pet or whatever.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    You never said your skill level.

After 90 the mastery is the easiest. You need to go to the brit music hall and accept the quest to discord 5 goats. Do that and you get a new mastery book. Repeat that and you can supply all your characters with mastery books. 

Swamp dragons then kirins should take you to 90 to do masteries. Find a small island and park a boat next to it. Then tame/release on the island and knock yourself out. 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2020
    As I am just wrapping up yet another 4x120 Bard (What can I say, Bards are fun!), here are some of my own training notes. Most of this was originally posted in the thread Poo's Disco Primer on Stratics. 

-Use NPC purchased Instruments 
    -Consume 120 Scrolls first for faster gains at lower levels. 
    -Stone off skills to keep total skill points as low as possible.

-First train Musicianship to 100 and lock skill.
    -Once you hit 90 Disco, use Mastery. Toggle on and off as fast as possible.
    -Disco Mastery must be Despair. 
    -Can also Disco yourself when you are about 100 skill. 

Disco Training
    50-60  Polar Bears 
    60-75  Gaman 
    75-90  Lowland Boura 
    90-120 Use Masteries

Tame and gate critters to small island, then release (Use 10 or more critters - more is better) or use herding and target self so they follow you. Stand in boat so critters can't attack you. DO NOT TRAP CRITTERS IN HOUSE OR BOAT. This is illegal and if caught your account may be actioned.

Write macro to Disco each critter, then hide/invis self and wait for Disco to wear off. Repeat. More Critters = less hiding = less time spent waiting for Disco to wear off. More critters is better.

Do not macro unattended as this is also illegal and if caught your account may be actioned.

Discordance is a long, slow grind. Good luck!
    -Arroth
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    -Can also Disco yourself when you are about 100 skill. 

@Arroth_Thaiel , Hmmm. Does that mean you can train other skills while discorded, achieving gains as if your skills were at a lower level?  If so, can you do the same thing for guildmates over in Felucca?
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
    edited March 2020
    Rock said:
    @ Arroth_Thaiel , Hmmm. Does that mean you can train other skills while discorded, achieving gains as if your skills were at a lower level?  If so, can you do the same thing for guildmates over in Felucca?
    No, Disco'ing yourself doesn't lower your skills, only applies a debuff for a short duration. (Duration to be increased with Pub 108 evidently.)
    -Arroth
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    How do I use the mastery to skill gain? What type of macro would I set up in EC and do I have to target something(s)?
    edited July 2021
    Riner said:
    How do I use the mastery to skill gain? What type of macro would I set up in EC and do I have to target something(s)?

A skill check is performed each time the Mastery is used. So, you turn the Mastery on, then shut it off again. You do this as fast as your mana regen, and in the case of Discordance, your health, will allow.

The EC macro will be something like:
    Use Despair (set to target self)
    Delay (to allow the Despair to execute)
    Heal (set to target self) or Bandage or Potion...etc.
    Delay (however long it takes your mana to regen)

Repeat ad nauseum.

Click here for an explanation of how to write the above macro in a long repeating form for skill training. Keep in mind that unattended macroing is frowned upon.
    -Arroth
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Thank you!
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “There is a listed bug that allows you to target your mount while riding it, I suggest using that to train so you don’t have to keep healing anyone (the mount will not receive damage)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I've used the mastery to train but i did it in my daily hunting you can't learn the dance if you're discoing yourself...  same with taming i tried only taming dangerous things as that pet you want later will kill you learn the dance..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...