ack! darnit!! just wasted 200,000 gold on 19 books

Since my carpenter is GM, he went to Ter Mur to buy the Making Valuables with Stonecrafting book.  He had no trouble purchasing one.  Heck, he bought 20 of them!  And he won't buy any of them back.  (Anyone on Origin need a copy, cheap?)

I would like to make a suggestion.  Sell these like horses are sold by NPC vendors.  Only one is for sale at a time.  No one needs 20 stonecrafting books!  Either that, or if more than 2 books are selected, warn the player to wake tfu, "Do you really want 20 of these 10,000gp books?"  Final suggestion is to have him buy them back for maybe 9,000gp apiece.  Heck, even half price would be better than the current design.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    ... to add insult to injury, my trash barrel declares, "This item has no turn-in value for Clean Up Britannia."
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Ya I have done that when I wanted to buy Blowpipes.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    200k is that all?   Alliance member of mine blew 50mil buying 500 statis chamber power core most of which ended up on the ground when he clicked 'all' instead of one.  Won't repeat the language that came with that purchase, nearly wiped his whole bank.   Never heard someone so shook up. He was gutted.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    The store gump clearly has a fundamental weakness.  At the bare minimum, when spending more than, say, 100,000 gp, a requester could come up and ask, "Do you really want to spend 50,000,000 gp on 500 items?"  An even better design is what I mentioned earlier -- don't have so many of something in active stock.  Vendors offering 1 horse at a time has been in the game for decades -- it might even have been original design.  So why wouldn't they continue with that design on anything a player isn't likely to want more than one of?

I know someone will come up with a counter-example.  "I remember the time I needed 4 horses, but I had to buy them 1 at a time.  It was horrible! Why won't the game let me do what I want?" As if that is really an issue.  If it is, have active stock on these types of things refresh quickly -- either immediately or with a short delay.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Why do you think one more click/ gump will help you when you didnt read the bill of sale the first time?

Just doublecheck what you are buying if you are low on gold, it isnt that hard and already there on your screen.
    @Chrille , I admit to being careless.  Plus my vision isn't all that hot even for the vast majority of the time where I am paying attention.  Your advice boils down to, "never do a stupid thing."  That is an extremely high standard which none of us meet.

I have offered several suggestions, so I am not sure what you mean about an extra click.  My main suggestion would not include an extra click.  On items where the likelihood of wanting more than one of something is extremely low (such as horses or stonecrafting books), the vendor should only offer one at a time.  Admittedly there are extra clicks if one actually wanted to purchase 2 horses, but how often does that happen?
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    You all wanted gold sinks