Poll on Power Scrolls Please Read before voting

With all the strong feeling expressed on other threads about this subject I'm wondering what the actual numbers are, so a poll.

Please remember if you comment, rants or attacks convince no one and we are all players entitled to our opinions . And this is NOT an attack on PvP play style that is a different part of the issue that would have to be dealt with somehow.

Also I AM NOT Broadsword and this is hardly a scientific poll so I doubt they will even take notice let alone want to touch this particular land mine. Editing this I had the thought, should Broadsword put this to an in game vote? so question 2

I kept it down to 4 options 1 and 2 should be clear.

Option 3 assume "off Fel" would be restricted in someway. Account or shard bound and/or only the 105s and 110s. If it wins probably my next poll that is if I survive. :)

Option 4
A quick search of the web found 5 sites selling UO items for cash. Rumour has it most of their business is Power Scrolls. So why not just let Broadsword have the profit and save us fighting over the issue if everyone is just paying cash anyway. (Not you and me of coarse just those other players ;) )
  1. Should Power Scrolls be67 votes
    1. Left as is
      28.36%
    2. Made Shard Bound
      35.82%
    3. Made available off Fel in some form
      29.85%
    4. Put on UO store (account bound maybe)
        5.97%
  2. Should Broadsword Put this issue to a in game vote with 1 vote per account?67 votes
    1. Yes
      44.78%
    2. No
      55.22%

Comments

• DavoDavo Posts: 46
    I'm glad the devs changed their minds about making PS shard bound. would been one of the biggest mistakes to date. what do u think some of the120PS on atl would go for if were shard bound lol, 300mil plus? plat?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    It was my understanding/belief that power scrolls on pets was intended to revive a flagging power scroll market - it has, but no one likes it.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    It was my understanding/belief that power scrolls on pets was intended to revive a flagging power scroll market - it has, but no one likes it.
    Kinda funny how they wanted to revive a lagging power scroll market (for the pk zerg guilds) when they don't care at all about the market for anything else, ie look at vendor fees, look at introducing royal pardons which killed tmappers pardons, look at the new store for EJ stuff which is gonna put scribes out business and basic crafting of suits, look at shard shields which result in all the low pop shards losing all their stuff to the Atl market. 

I voted for shard bound above, but would of prefered an option for pet scrolls to be available as a different items and available in the ilshenar, tokuno, malas spawn as drops.  Most tamers probably have 10 or more pets in stables which to fully scroll require 5 or more scrolls.  I have about 6 pets I use regularly only 2 of which have 120 wrestle/tactics and the others are just waiting.  The odds of me getting the scrolls i need are slim to none on the current drop rate, and I am playing siege where at least the scrolls do stay on the shard.  If I was playing any other shard I doubt i would even have those 120's as they all end up on Atlantic.

It was the worst decision ever made to tie pet power scrolls to the existing power scroll system and it needs to be revised.  If they want the majority of players to have the ability to scroll their pets and get enjoyment out of pvm then this needs to be done, and it would greatly improve the enjoyment and revive those spawns in non fel ruleset areas.  It would add a supreme amount of content in that it would give players a reason to actually do those spawns.  It would also not damage the normal power scroll market.

However I believe that it isn't the majority of players they are catering too, pet scrolls only being available via the player scroll spawns in fel is just another case of the devs pandering to the minority pvp crowd and trying to again lure players to fel.  Either that or they (someone) whoever, is making too much real life money off it.  Hence the reason that it seems no one wants to listen to the majority.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It would be locking the stable door after the horse has bolted. People have already devalued the price of all the scrolls by shard transferring them from dead shards.  
    Might also help if you needed to eat a 110, 115, and a 120 to get to 120, and do the same with masteries and stat scrolls.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    PS "migration" to ATL is, IMO, only one aspect of a bigger problem: that, as I wrote many times, the inter-shard commerce is dominated by an oligopolist cabala of STS possessors, that, in the years, bought out many of the veteran accounts of people that were quitting UO. To de-clusterfrack the issue, "massive" inter-shard transfers means should be made available to the masses at a very lower prices/requisites than the 20 bucks /14 VR of today.
    But, realistically speaking, this will never happens, considering too that those Cabala probably pay for a large chunk of BS/UO subs revenue.
    I.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Yep, once again lined the pockets of their friends controlling the spawns...That's who it helped.  The vocal minority who plays Fel.  Not us ordinary average Joes.  
  • ArchnightArchnight Posts: 48
    edited April 2018
    Gotta love them griefers... honestly there's nothing wrong with power scrolls or that current system. Taking them out of fel or making them shard bound isn't the solution... the scripts being used to obtain them is the ONLY real problem here. I think that most are only complaining since they messed up their pet(s) and want a way to recover or get back their scrolls without having to spend a few hundred mils on new scrolls

• DrowyDrowy Posts: 128
    Just change the vendor system to a one time fee when item is sold and the powerscroll economy will revive on smaller shards.
    That is too simple of a solution, and makes sense.  We cannot have that happening

• HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 5
    edited April 2018
    I think a few things should happen.  For one, they should go "one way or the other" on the markets.  I think scrolls (power, stat, pinks, blues), primers, and all commodity deedable items should be shard-locked.  That way if you want "cheap" scrolls on low-pop servers, you need to transfer the character who wants to consume it.  OR they should allow the magincia-style commodity vendors to exist across all shards (and give them the ability to list scrolls).  So posting a scoll on a baja vendor could be purchased on Atl.  Again this would apply only to truely commutable goods like scrolls, primers, and commodities.  Not gear, arties, or rares.

I also think tram spawns should drop 105s, and tram champs should drop 110s (and possibly all 12 scrolls given to attackers with no protection).  The reason is that this game is already pretty rough for new players who want to "adventure" and not rely on charity of other players to get started.  A huge portion of the game is balanced around 120s, mastery-III, and artifacts.  And there is very little a player can do to get from new haven to endgame without hand-outs.  Mostly the advice to give a new player is: farm some commodities, sell them in bulk, then buy discount  110 scrolls... then you can start playing!
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    It might help if people couldn’t solo a champ? Just throwing this wild suggestion out there of making them hard enough to need I don’t know...more than one loner to work them?

who can prot themselves with a hidden afk char that they’ve gotten knight of justice on by killing their own non active red?

this game is a joke
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    its sad really the way the shard transfers are messing with the economy. people are manipulating the game and farming other servers, making the gameplay that much crappier on the servers people actually want to be a part of. If its true that a small handful of people are paying all the subs to manipulate the game, then its worse than I thought.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Shard bound almost everything is the answer.  People don't like the RMT site, or scripters, or shard shield farming of dead shards.  The only answer is shard bound, that will cut all of that down.  The player character (plus a suit) and gold should be the only thing xferable to other shards.  If you want to move to another shard you make your player on shard your on and take gold with you to start playing another.  Then the only scripting left in UO will be easily policed on their shards by their own players.   Itll be easy to find them and either kill them or page on them.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    Davo said:
    I'm glad the devs changed their minds about making PS shard bound. would been one of the biggest mistakes to date. what do u think some of the120PS on atl would go for if were shard bound lol, 300mil plus? plat?
    Who cares what they would go for on Atlantic?  I don't play there so why should I have any sympathy for you getting cheap scrolls while most shards cant buy scrolls at all?  You are part of the problem.
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    I am honestly not sure how making power scrolls shard bound will help. If the supply and demand is so out of whack that all power scrolls on all shards being drained to Atlantic still cannot meet the demand and still leaves inflated prices that other shards can't compete with, then it sounds to me like a solution lies in increasing the supply. 
    It's (in my opinion) a controlled shortage.  Much like OPEC closes off the supplies when oil priced get too low, so do the zergs when PS prices get too low.  Supply and demand, hoarding (and thereby artificially creating a shortage) rasises the price by creating the appearance of a shortage, since we don't know how many houses full of 120s they actually have lol

• DavoDavo Posts: 46

if u made PS shard bound, u would just have to transfer and eat scroll. prices on atl would be so high. I see many non fel player quitting. prices have never been higher. only the zergs guilds would want this. thank god devs weren't listening. what a mess this would be if they did lol.  

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited April 2018
    An interesting experiment might be to just turn off transfers of any kind for six months.  I know Broadsword would never do that.  But if they did, would we actually start to see power scrolls and other high-end items for sale on more shards?
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Margrette said:
    An interesting experiment might be to just turn off transfers of any kind for six months.  I know Broadsword would never do that.  But if they did, would we actually start to see power scrolls and other high-end items for sale on more shards?
    I would expect people would just stockpile them. 
    Exactly

• TabinTabin Posts: 30
    edited April 2018
    I proposed making them shard bound.  It is initially a horrible idea but over time it could fix things.  The immediate effect will be: 1) lots of complaining 2) loss of players 3) mass exodus of players moving out at Atlantic due to huge demand with a large supply cut off 5) PS scrolls will be crazy expensive on populated shards.  It will take many months before people start to branch out into other servers and gradually, you'll start to see an improvement in the economy.   Broadsword would have to balance something out like make animal specific scrolls available in trammel or increase supply to offset the supply cut-off.  Remember, masteries are shard bound...no issues there BUT they do have a lower demand due to each character really only needing one and pets can't use them.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Making them shard bound fixes nothing because alls you have to do is go to another shard and eat them then go home.  Quit catering the the select few and put PSs in Tram or make Fel consensual PvP so everybody can go get their own without worrying about the the select few that control the spawn.
    Bilbo said:
    Making them shard bound fixes nothing because alls you have to do is go to another shard and eat them then go home.  Quit catering the the select few and put PSs in Tram or make Fel consensual PvP so everybody can go get their own without worrying about the the select few that control the spawn.

I second the motion

edited April 2018
    There is no select few, that is just a conspiracy you made up to not go try yourself.  I also want almost everything shard bound not just scrolls.  Im sure if you took all the players who post here about moving them to trammel and made a guild, you could spawn non-stop on any shard you want.  But then again, I don't know where you find the time since all you do is be a board warrior.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    You know you can transfer to a shard and eat the scrolls there or feed them to pets there.  Just like players did with shard bound mastery primers.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    You know you can transfer to a shard and eat the scrolls there or feed them to pets there.  Just like players did with shard bound mastery primers.

im fine with them doing that buddy.  At least itll eat up their shields for no reason other then a couple scrolls.  LOL
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Pawain said:

im fine with them doing that buddy.  At least itll eat up their shields for no reason other then a couple scrolls.  LOL

I wasn't responding to you.  I know you know how the game works.

Others think that making scrolls shard bound will make scrolls magically appear in their small shards Vendor Search.  

Shard bound scrolls will just hurt players who do not have shard transfer shields.  Atlantic will always have the most Scrolls for sale.  Shard bound will just mean players can't bring those scrolls to the smaller shards like they are doing now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited April 2018
    Ive always supported shard bound power scrolls, the reasoning being that anything that gets people out playing, getting those scrolls themselves is a good thing.

Yes prices would be high on Atlantic.  but then players would be more likely to get a group together, and go out and get those scrolls themselves rather than just buying them as they do now.

No scrolls available on the small shards?  not an issue.  you can go out and do some champs.  With less chance of being raided than now on low-pop shards.
    Scrolls too expensive on atlantic?  not an issue.  you get get a group of your friends and do a champ.  No friends?  join a guild.  Make a new one an recruit like-minded people.  Lets be real, theres never more than a few pvpers raiding champs.  ive done spawns by myself on atlantic and never run into anyone.  and a small group should be able to deal with a few PKs.  if an entire zerg guild happens to be on, yeah bad timing.  but thats usually not the case.
    There is no select few, that is just a conspiracy you made up to not go try yourself.  (...)
    With all the due respect, but... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Thanks for the good (even if sour) laugh! :D
    edited April 2018
    The answer, IMO, is making white PS scrolls available ONLY through completion of skill-related Quests, as it is now for Imbuing, and make those Quests NOT REPEATABLE for a specific Char.
    Limit the scroll dumps at Spanws to pink SoT and blue SoA, bumpig up the quantity.
    My 2 GPs.
    I.