Need to enlarge the party group

The current system where we can party up to ten people needs some attention and love.  To many times in the past we had to run two parties and for most dungeons, we can get in and do fairly well.  But where it requires a set number of keys to enter that dungeon any group over 10 is out of luck and people are turned away as the party is full and they cannot come, of course, they could start another party, but then you have to break down the first group so that they have enough people to complete the dungeon, if they can with a smaller group of players, but if there was only the one set of keys and no more were available then you still face the problem of turning folks away.  Can we see about enlarging the party system to 15?
  1. Would you like the party system changed to 15 members13 votes
    1. yes 15 would be enough
      30.77%
    2. no leave it be
      30.77%
    3. no make it 20
      38.46%
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598
Tagged:

Comments

• DavoDavo Posts: 46
    a mutliboxer's dream
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Davo said:
    a mutliboxer's dream
    That would be multiclienting.  Multiboxing uses unnamed means.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited April 2018
    I think it is generally bad game design to put enjoyable and sought after content behind this "party-wall". 

Other bosses like Navrey and Scalis are popular for a reason. You can just jump into the fun, take some rounds and move on.

So better remove it altogether instead of enlarging party size.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    JollyJade said:
    I think it is generally bad game design to put enjoyable and sought after content behind this "party-wall". 

Other bosses like Navrey and Scalis are popular for a reason. You can just jump into the fun, take some rounds and move on.

There are several dungeons events that require the use of the party systems to enter the dungeon to fight the BOSS, now if they all had a system that was like going to the Dark Fathers in Doom where you can have double parties then all would be well, but there are several that do not, its a single party only, any new parties are sent to another version of that event or cannot enter at all waiting outside if they wish to go with the group for another try hoping that someone will have to leave early so they can attent the party ;) Blighted Grove Stygian Abyss Dungeon The Citadel Palace of Paroxysmus Exodus Dungeon Twisted Weald 

Now we have had a good number of returning members to PAS within the last two weeks.  and have had record numbers of members attending our nightly events twice during events where we had to have a party to enter that dungeon members had to sit and wait
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Drakelord said:
    JollyJade said:

There are several dungeons events that require the use of the party systems to enter the dungeon to fight the BOSS, now if they all had a system that was like going to the Dark Fathers in Doom where you can have double parties then all would be well, but there are several that do not, its a single party only, any new parties are sent to another version of that event or cannot enter at all waiting outside if they wish to go with the group for another try hoping that someone will have to leave early so they can attent the party ;) Blighted Grove Stygian Abyss Dungeon The Citadel Palace of Paroxysmus Exodus Dungeon Twisted Weald 

Now we have had a good number of returning members to PAS within the last two weeks.  and have had record numbers of members attending our nightly events twice during events where we had to have a party to enter that dungeon members had to sit and wait
    And that is exactly the reason why you barely meet random people at those encounters while on the other hand you can like around the clock find people at Navrey or when there are net tosses.

Imagine how many people you would meet at Navrey if only a party could enter there..
    Imagine how popular the net tosses would be if only the party that summoned him can kill him..

I know it's too late for those encounters we already have. But I wish they would just not put new bosses behind this wall (i.e. like they put the roof behind a "party wall" as well). @Kyronix
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    JollyJade said:
    Drakelord said:
    JollyJade said:

And that is exactly the reason why you barely meet random people at those encounters while on the other hand you can like around the clock find people at Navrey or when there are net tosses.

Imagine how many people you would meet at Navrey if only a party could enter there..
    Imagine how popular the net tosses would be if only the party that summoned him can kill him..

I know it's too late for those encounters we already have. But I wish they would just not put new bosses behind this wall (i.e. like they put the roof behind a "party wall" as well). @ Kyronix
    Is it a situation where you can't find anyone else to play with, or you just want to be able to do those encounters by yourself?
  • TabinTabin Posts: 30
    edited April 2018
    I think the party system is fine.  10 players should be able to work together and get another set of keys quickly.  Peerless bosses already gives you multiple keys to bring in multiple parties.  Exodus requires each player to have their own set and you can bring in more than one party.  Roof is similar except you have each party in their own instance.  Doom, as you pointed out, only requires one skull to bring in a group.
    edited April 2018
    Kyronix said:
    JollyJade said:
    Drakelord said:
    JollyJade said:

I know it's too late for those encounters we already have. But I wish they would just not put new bosses behind this wall (i.e. like they put the roof behind a "party wall" as well). @ Kyronix
    Is it a situation where you can't find anyone else to play with, or you just want to be able to do those encounters by yourself?
    It is not that it is impossible to find people. But you sit half an hour around some town calling in chat for people. Then everyone has to have the keys ready. Then we go through another 10 minutes to all join a party and enter the encounter. This is highly unattractive if you don't have half of the day to play.

If someone spawned a Scalis at Magincia they just holler in chat, and within 10 minutes everyone is throwing flamestrikes at it. No hassle, straight into the fun.

I have been lucky that I could join a group on Exodus like 2 years ago. This was the only time I have been there.

I have never been on the roof..

On the other hand I have spent countless days hanging out at Navrey's, talking to tons of people coming and going all the time. I have killed hundreds of Scalis from our governor's weekly net tosses.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Agreed. Less keys, more straight to the action please. Quite often it takes longer to get the keys to enter these encounters than the actual encounter itself. It's a video game people play to unwind or relax. Farming keys is boring.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I've always said keying them is crazy.  Remove the keys, and I am sure I'm not the only one who would love to do all of them, all the time.  But I'm not going to farm keys just for the chance to kill somethinjg for a slight slight chance at decent loot.

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    Just want to toss my hat into the ring and say the keys are out of hand.  Once a new tier of content release, just do away with keys for the previous tier.  I think for most non-sampire, non-multiboxer players  getting the party together and getting everyone on board is barrier enough to entry.

And again I say, we shouldnt be basing on what the rest of us get to do based on what a maxed out Samp can do.
  • TabinTabin Posts: 30

I hate keying too but if you think about it, removing the keys only makes it easier for the players to non-stop farm it using scripts. 

I had a hard time finding players to do stuff with as well, but after branching out into two active guilds, it isn't that hard anymore.  I learned you really have to step up and be a leader to get people to do stuff.  Otherwise, everyone just sits and waits and continues doing their own thing.

edited April 2018
    http://www.peoplesarmyofsonoma.net/calendar.php?calM=4&calY=2018

We spent three days getting keys for tonight's event on Our Calendar.  And if we get the numbers we had the last time for Stygian DragonChief ParoxysmusLady Melisande we going to turn players away and or will have to have people drop out after doing the first run to allow another to go in his/her place on the 2nd run.   We are pushing 13 to 14 people a night on most of our guild events, so please I really wish they fix it to allow more then the ten in a party so we can get all our people in one time.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited April 2018
    Drakelord said:
    http://www.peoplesarmyofsonoma.net/calendar.php?calM=4&calY=2018

We spent three days getting keys for tonight's event on Our Calendar.  And if we get the numbers we had the last time for Stygian DragonChief ParoxysmusLady Melisande we going to turn players away and or will have to have people drop out after doing the first run to allow another to go in his/her place on the 2nd run.   We are pushing 13 to 14 people a night on most of our guild events, so please I really wish they fix it to allow more then the ten in a party so we can get all our people in one time.

Maybe they could leave party size as is, but allow parties to band together, similar to guild alliances? You could loot share, enter the same instance, etc.

Roving bands of ruffians, that's what we need!

Actually, if you're People's *Army*, that might work. You could have individual parties (platoon's!) assigned different tasks, but you'd all be part of the larger whole.

-Arroth
    edited April 2018
    Exodus is one of those like Doom that does not matter the numbers you all go the same dungeon, we took three parties in, one party filled but dropped one just as they were to go in, one party with four more and then a 3rd party of two come late but made it to fight.   Good times!
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I feel all party dungeons need to go it’s a total pita and after the new wears off they become ghost towns...