Stealth - do only real skill points count?

My character has 90 Stealth, but only 20 of it comes from a real skill. The rest is from the armor set and jewellery. Hiding is at 100 (real skill). It seams though, like the bonus skill points do not really count. Activation of the skill is successful ("you begin to move quietly" message appears), yet I cannot take a single step in the stealth mode, I am instantly revealed. Moreover, at 90 skill I should be able to activate Stealth automatically when I start to walk while hidden. That is not the case, I have to do it manually. Why does it happen so? Are those bonus skill points actually absolutely worthless in this case?
Tagged:

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    I guess there could be a bug.  Note though that stealth is weight-sensitive.  It might not matter at 100 skill, but in general the more you are carrying the harder it is to stealth.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • LouveLouve Posts: 13
    Thanks Rock, the issue has already been resolved. It appears one have to have min 25 Stealth real skill for it to work at all. With that modification (25 real skill + 70 bonus) I have 95 Stealth working nicely.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Good to hear.  I'm impressed that we can have 65 or more stealth on wearables.  I can imagine ring and bracelet each with 20 points, but then you obviously have other equipment providing at least 25 more stealth.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • LouveLouve Posts: 13
    I've got 30 points from the jewellery (a ring and a bracelet, each with +15) and 40 points from the full Hunter's Garb Armor Set. Not the best armor overall, but when one needs stealth and does not have much points left for the skill, it comes in handy :-)