"biggest and boldest endeavor"

Can this biggest and boldest endeavor please include:

a real royal crown? We have a King's Collection but only a not so royal looking circlet. 

Peg leg versions of footwear? We have High seas and a lot of pirate content but no way to dress the part. 

Eye patch versions of headwear? 

A meaning to Lord/Lady titles. What exactly are we supposed to be Lords of? 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    All for those things!  The eye patch should have been added to T Chests like the Flower Garlands were.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    New underwear I’m guessing 

:D 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I am the only one kinda scared by that statement? I still have nightmarish flash backs from trying to use Kingdom Reborn.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2020
    If you're expecting new content, be prepared to be disappointed. If they were doing an expansion, they would have said "expansion".

They are talking about audiences. That would indicate wider distribution. Even an expansion with a new playable race (Dwarves!) would not get new eyeballs on the game. Putting the game in front of the modern gaming market, that would.

Steam, or Mobile with some serious client changes.

If you're not expecting much, then when they finally announce it, you can be pleasantly surprised. That's my plan. 
    -Arroth
    I couldn't play on a phone.  Maybe it will be a console game.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Oohhh, I would totally enjoy UO on the PS4.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • they would have to seriously dumb down the controls thus dumb down our exact control over our characters to go on console or phone. I wouldn't mind it so bad, relaxing on the couch playing it though. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I disagree, I would much rather run around using the left joystick than the right mouse button.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • But how would macros work or even skills? you would have to limit them pretty heavily to just a few buttons. If you suddenly needed a less used spell or skill, you'd have to get to it the slow way and assign it a button. This is what I mean by dumb it down, make it more simplistic to work on a controller.

• I'm guessing client improvements to some degree.
    Biggest and boldest in over a decade?
    Are they hiring new developers to take this statement on?

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    How about turning on past events such as the Invasion and letting them run for a month?  Each month a different past event is turned on.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Biggest and boldest in over a decade?

This had me thinking about what we have been doing the past few years... We have had Jack the pumpkin King invade our lands, the Titan invasions, Khal Ankur... Where did they come from?

People keep asking for more cities to be destroyed, because they love the rubble... I keep thinking... What if Hawkwind opened up a portal, to find out where all these things came from?  And we can go there to destroy one of their cities... I think that would be a big and bold adventure... And can you imagine how many people would come back to take part in that...

but at this point, all we can do is speculate about what we think they meant
    Sounds fun
  • when i hear bold..i hear " we gonna change everything you love to everything you hate" because why else would they need to be bold? bold means courage in the face of DANGER..so what danger can they face besides the real danger of pissing off all their players? hehe just food for thought
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    TimSt said:
    How about turning on past events such as the Invasion and letting them run for a month?  Each month a different past event is turned on.

I like this suggestion a LOT!!!!!!!!
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited February 2020
    "Biggest and boldest endeavor"
    First I though of was yay, they make available on steam, afterall EA owns UO, EA owns Steam, its just logic.  Then again I remember the mess last time something like that was tried lol

So my new top guess would be an expansion.
    And I hope for this, an expansion that draws attention from newspapers, advertising, marketing etc that draws new players in. We need new players for the next decade :)

An expansion can also contain a new race  (I hate the race mess with armors for each race etc lol) but hey, it might be. It could also have a new crafting system, something players has asked for.

Exciting times ahead...
  • just a correction...EA does not own Steam
  • Maybe their biggest and boldest endeavor is they're going to add content from Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams.  A WHOLE OTHER PLANET!!!!  Having not played that title I don't know much about it except the name.  Does anyone know if it was good, sucked, or what?
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2020
    Maybe their biggest and boldest endeavor is they're going to add content from Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams.  A WHOLE OTHER PLANET!!!!  Having not played that title I don't know much about it except the name.  Does anyone know if it was good, sucked, or what?

MD was, IMO, the best of the two U:WoA games, story-wise. But clearly it is a matter of tastes. And it is still available (legit & free of charge) on GOG, if you wanna try it:

• Rats.  It requires Windows 7 or newer lol.

Oh well

• Well, we must program to the lowest possible denominator. 

God forbid someone actually have to go buy a new CPU or GPU to play UO.
  • LOL

Well, I aint buying a new one for me, to play UO.  These XP and Vista machines are fine for that.  GoG won't run on them tho, won't be buying one for them either :/   Rather buy groceries and entertainment

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2020
    Hmm I thought I posted my opinion on the topic but it seems its gone. Not sure  where it broke any rules though, mods of course didn't even bother to find a reason or  tell.

But I stand by it. Ya'll get your hopes up high please. I don't think I'm allowed to post my opinion as it's not 100% posititve xD
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    Rats.  It requires Windows 7 or newer lol.

Oh well

Well, the game is FREE, holy crap! Maybe we can propose to GOG to throw in a W7 PC too with any FREE download of it... :D ;)
    LOL

Well, I aint buying a new one for me, to play UO.  These XP and Vista machines are fine for that.  GoG won't run on them tho, won't be buying one for them either :/   Rather buy groceries and entertainment

So UO isn't "entertainment"??? :o
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Any chance the more cynical posters could leave out the negativity at least until there's actually something to complain about?  It really doesn't help the morale of the forum users.
  • Entertainment to some, is eating out, fishing, travelling out of town, enlarging the garden, 
    So UO is, technically, but nowhere near the top of the list
    Entertainment to some, is eating out, fishing, travelling out of town, enlarging the garden, 
    So UO is, technically, but nowhere near the top of the list

Of YOUR list... :D ;)
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    edited February 2020
    touche