Feature Request: Salvage Upgrade

@Kyronix
@Bleak

We can salvage/recycle metal from weapons and armor as well as salvage/recycle from (most) leather and cloth... but tinker and bowcraft have no such benefit for such.

Could this be added to the game sometime?

Salvage Bag Upgrade
Currently reclaims a percentage of base blacksmith (ingots) and tailor (leather or cloth) resources
ADD: similar percentage for tinker, fletching, masonry
ALSO: limit items able to be salvaged by size/quantity of raw materials used in creation

Some examples:
Scissors - too small and not enough metal, but can reclaim a few ingots from scales
Jewelry - maybe regain one ingot, and a small percentage to save the gem
Bows - magical bows will only result in a few boards, no other resources
Deeded masonry items will not be salvageable, but statues may give a small percentage

Just some small love for the crafters who work so hard on BoDs for the Artisan Festival.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Yes please.  Filling in an exceptional 20 count wind chime or paper lantern BoD with only a 26% chance of success creates a lot of unusable items.  It would be nice to be able salvage them instead of dumping them in the trash barrel.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I would be happy if they would destroy those item even if they return nothing.
    I normally have my raw materials in "Salvage bag" (restocking agent) so items are created there. It would be nice to destroy unusable items there rather then stop and have transfer them to trash barrel to make more room. 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    That would be a nice thing to add to the salvage bag... a sort of Trash Feature... although I also craft using the salvage bag and sometimes have all sorts of ingots, gems, wood, etc. in there. Be a shame to forget about it and accidentally trash them. ;) 

I was thinking salvaging would be awesome. I dunno how many times I've forgotten to switch metal - guess how many agapite scales or barrel hoops I made one night! 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    oh, and add Carpentry to the list... I knew I was forgetting one.
    I was reminded. and I shoulda mentioned carpentry originally considering Dad is in the Carpenter's Union back home and I grew up with a skill saw in one hand.... 

So the Salvage Bag should be able to recycle anything from the following skills (with relatable and common-sense limitations):
    • Blacksmithing (present)
    • Tailoring (present)
    • Carpentry
    • Masonry
    • Fletching
    • Tinkering

The other trade skills, particularly Inscription, Alchemy, and Cooking, wouldn't be able to regain raw materials (just doesn't make sense).