animal taiming.. is TO hard for new players
hope they fix this
There Can Be Only One
The Glorious Lord Praha Baron of Britain "Europa player"
" Guild name " Pro newbies Guild
*guild for new players*
Streamer :    https://www.twitch.tv/julespraha/

Comments

• how so?  The devs need details if you want anything changed.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• prahapraha Posts: 167
    edited December 2019
    100 taming.. for new players is Hard.. and get 120 is much harder..
    There Can Be Only One
    The Glorious Lord Praha Baron of Britain "Europa player"
    " Guild name " Pro newbies Guild
    *guild for new players*
    Streamer :    https://www.twitch.tv/julespraha/
  • I disagree, i took a character from 50-110 taming in a week recently.  and i was only able to play a couple of hours a day, buy alacrity scrolls to make it easier.  once you hit 90 it gets real easy, you set up a last spell/last target repeating macro in EC and wear a bunch of regen/+mana gear.  the only reason it isn't 120 is because i haven't found a 120 scroll on the shard yet.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• I think Taming is fine. Lot's of ways to work on this. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Taming is much easier than it used to be before masteries.

• Since you can 120 taming in ~2 days using completely legal and attended methods... It's fine the way it is.
  • Since you can 120 taming in ~2 days using completely legal and attended methods... It's fine the way it is.
    Please share. I hope it doesn't start out with purchasing a token.

• Please share. I hope it doesn't start out with purchasing a token.

*hucks your hopes at the nearest pointy rock*

While you don't have to buy a token, it does help. You need at least 90 skill for the method to be effective, a bonded pet, and the highest Taming Mastery book you can get your hands on.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408

Dot explain to us how you go from 50 to 90 fast

• NikardNikard Posts: 164
    What is a "new player"?
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Also, i did taming in a total of 4.5 days to 120 I believe. Approx 2.5 days 50-90 and about 2 to 120. All by hand.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Fortis said:

Dot explain to us how you go from 50 to 90 fast

Buy a Mythical Token.  Otherwise you have to do it the way it has been done for years.  Some have the patience to tame a bazillion things. To get to 90.

There may be some funner things added since this was made.
    http://www.uoguide.com/Animal_Taming

This one has more words to read:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/animal-taming/

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    It's a lot less hard now than when I, and a lot of other vets, trained it. Are today's players so much less capable than we were that they have to 'skill up' without bothering to train skills? 

Does no one realise that while you are training a skill you, as a player, also learn how to use that skill to best effect?  I always have had no respect for 'cheque book' tamers, bought the token, bought the scrolls, bought the jewels, 120 taming and never tamed a darn thing. No idea how to work with a pet and a nuisance to most folk around them because of it.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Working skills is boring as proven in each monthly newsletter. 

That being said most of our new players are just old returning players that remember how painstakingly long some of these skills are. 

The mythic token is a lifesaver. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    It's a lot less hard now than when I, and a lot of other vets, trained it. Are today's players so much less capable than we were that they have to 'skill up' without bothering to train skills? 

Does no one realise that while you are training a skill you, as a player, also learn how to use that skill to best effect?  I always have had no respect for 'cheque book' tamers, bought the token, bought the scrolls, bought the jewels, 120 taming and never tamed a darn thing. No idea how to work with a pet and a nuisance to most folk around them because of it.

I spent many years at 90s taming. Then when the taming revamp came out I took the original tamer to 120 with masteries.  My next 2 tamers never tamed a thing till they were 120.

Training on Night Terror teaches you how to keep a pet alive.  Training unbonded Beetles, Kirins, Rams, Lesser Hiryus, etc on the Mage, teaches you how to keep your pets alive.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    the funny part is when some well known scripts user say how it is easy to raise up taming lol
  • Nikard said:
    Also, i did taming in a total of 4.5 days to 120 I believe. Approx 2.5 days 50-90 and about 2 to 120. All by hand.
    2.5 days of how many hours per day? 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    praha said:
    100 taming.. for new players is Hard.. and get 120 is much harder..
    (I logged in just to reply to yoooooo)
    See, there is a time frame involved when one is a new player and slowly over the passing of t i m e...that they no longer are new players. This time has to pass by. It can vary based on what the person is doing. Like right now, I would be a new player if I played a ninja or a mystic, or a necromancer. I made a cartographer and although I have now GM'd the skill, I am still a newbie at it and die to level 1 chests.  It took me many many years to (decide to) make a tamer. But it was very easy. I started a character with 50 and found the stratics post about what to tame at what skill and used a knowledge ball and got my taming to 90 in no time at all. If the new player is on an EJ account, yes they will have to keep at it, but they have no home to decorate so they should have lots of time to tame. :D If they are not EJ then mastery will take them easily to their end goal. If it was easy enough to hold my attention to complete quickly, then surely anyone can do it quickly.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    It wouldn't be so hard if you had trained your chars on your banned accounts and not bought accounts already to go.  Before you go off on me he already posted it on the other forum site.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Taming used to be real hard, only reason I didnt have a tamer for a decade was the grind required to train it.  I had a tamer at 86skill, when the max 5followers was introduced it was even harder as you had to release them all the time. The advanced token didnt help me as i already had 86taming.

Later SoTs and Alacritys, mythic tokens and primers that made a whole lot easier.
    I have now multiple tamers at 120 and I no longer consider taming as the hardest skill to train in UO.

• BruceBruce Posts: 27
    edited December 2019
    Jhelom Bull Pens. Tame and kill whatever is at your level. It'll respawn and be ready for taming again.

At 90 start using the taming mastery. Do it over and over.