Shrine Battles limited to 1 reward per character

@Kyronix

So I am hearing that the shrine battle rewards are limited to a single reward per character regardless of how many times they complete the shrine battles?  If this is true I am totally disgusted.  We should be able to bring the characters best suited to complete the content.  If I do 8 captains, I get 1 reward.  If I do 16 captains, I get two rewards.  I have saved up hundreds of fragments hoping to be able to get a couple dozen of these... now it sounds like I have to use a couple dozen different characters if I want that many.  What an utterly ridiculous restriction.  So a single account is limited to 7 rewards at BEST.  Why on earth would you want to limit players incentive to participate in content to 7 times?  

Please consider removing this restriction before publishing this to all shards.

Comments

• If true that’s going to be even more restrictive on Siege/Mugen players. I really hope it is just rumor. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    According to Baja testers, one per character. It is not a rumor.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

from TC pub release 2, page 2
  • A character can also get a cloak in addition to a tabard. Would be kinda nice if we could put Guild Heraldry on the tabard.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Yes, each character is limited to one tabard and quarter cloak.  You can collect as much Fellowship armor as you’d like.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Kyronix said:
    Yes, each character is limited to one tabard and quarter cloak.  You can collect as much Fellowship armor as you’d like.
    You realize that there are 8 tabards and only 7 character slots right?  So it is not possible for a single account to even be able to collect a full set.  I’m having trouble rationalizing any legitimate justification for limiting the rewards.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited December 2019
    Merus said:
    Kyronix said:
    You realize that there are 8 tabards and only 7 character slots right?  So it is not possible for a single account to even be able to collect a full set.  I’m having trouble rationalizing any legitimate justification for limiting the rewards.
    To give meaning to the reward, to force player interaction, because everyone doesn’t deserve a trophy, I could go on but I think 3 justifications are enough. 
    Thanks for the official response Kyronix. 

Merus said:
    Kyronix said:
    To give meaning to the reward, to force player interaction, because everyone doesn’t deserve a trophy, I could go on but I think 3 justifications are enough. 

So the reward has different meaning if I get 3 on the same character or 3 on 3 different characters? Fail.

So there is less player interaction if I do the Shrine battles 3 times on the same character as opposed to doing the shrine battles on 3 different characters? Fail.

So there is something different about a character completing the shine battle the first time that deserves a guaranteed drop as opposed to them completing the exact same content a second time that is prevented from a drop? Fail.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Look at it this way.  It keeps the rewards rare. You won't get the players that collects hundreds of rewards and then flooding the market with them.
    TimSt said:
    Look at it this way.  It keeps the rewards rare. You won't get the players that collects hundreds of rewards and then flooding the market with them.
    The quest already has a mechanism to limit supply... it requires a certain number of fragments to complete the quest and get the reward.
  • Merus said:
    Merus said:
    Kyronix said:

So the reward has different meaning if I get 3 on the same character or 3 on 3 different characters? Fail.

So there is less player interaction if I do the Shrine battles 3 times on the same character as opposed to doing the shrine battles on 3 different characters? Fail.

So there is something different about a character completing the shine battle the first time that deserves a guaranteed drop as opposed to them completing the exact same content a second time that is prevented from a drop? Fail.
    You choose to be negative, I choose to be positive. Let’s just leave it at that

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Merus said:
    TimSt said:
    The quest already has a mechanism to limit supply... it requires a certain number of fragments to complete the quest and get the reward.

Not much of a limiter. I have collected a couple hundred fragments and that is from causal t-hunting. 
    TimSt said:
    Merus said:
    TimSt said:

Not much of a limiter. I have collected a couple hundred fragments and that is from causal t-hunting. 
    And if you use them all what would be the difference if you got them all on one character or used a different character each time... other than the pita that it might be doing it on a temple that can’t fight the captains as well?  The same number of tabards end up in game.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Merus said:
    Kyronix said:
    Can always buy another from someone who is not interested in collecting them....
    popps said:
    Merus said:
    Kyronix said:
    Can always buy another from someone who is not interested in collecting them....
    So we end up back at an artificial constraint so someone else can make a profit.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited December 2019
    We have been asking for a way to change the look of items we wear for a long time. It is sad that we have a major one and it is limited.  Now if next year we have a new option for Hawkwinds/Tabard then that would make it fair.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    We have been asking for a way to change the look of items we wear for a long time. It is sad that we have a major one and it is limited.  Now if next year we have a new option for Hawkwinds/Tabard then that would make it fair.
    This one is not only a way to make it look different, which we definitely wanted, but is the only way for a gargoyle to wear it at all.