Jolly Roger - Origin Release - SPOILERS INSIDE

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
For discussing Pub 107 - Jolly Roger - Spoilers Ahead!

This is specifically for issues related to the open ended adventure that kicks off from the Town Cryer.  Do not expect answers to specific questions or hints if you get stuck.  The only comments I will make is if something is or is not working as intended!

Comments

• *Looks for spoilers and doesn't find any*  - *goes back to lurking*

I did use a Yellow Mysterious Fragment at Compassion Shrine.  It sank into the ground and I received a Surge of Power.  I also now have a new Title:  The Compassionate

The ship on Ice Island looks very cool, but alas I did not have a blue gem.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited November 2019

The plants are reverse. These should be with the other one... or they had a really really bad gardener.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    edited November 2019
    This doesn't work to let you out again to you know where. Only way out is to recall it seems (or help > stuck if you have no recall ability).

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Clearly you can see what each of our priorities are~
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Violet said:

The plants are reverse. These should be with the other one... or they had a really really bad gardener.
    Or are they....;)
    Khyro said:
    This doesn't work to let you out again to you know where. Only way out is to recall it seems (or help > stuck if you have no recall ability).

Resolved.
    edited November 2019
    Shamino says midnight, but actual assembly occurs at 1 am.  Intended or bug?~
    Seems the big places people I've talked to are getting caught on are:

1. It not actually being midnight so people spend a ton of time running all over the map at midnight.

and

2. The location of the castle.  Resorting to reading old Utima lore in attempts to find the location, thinking they are a failure with UO lore.  
    Issue regarding the midnight/1 discrepancy will be resolved before WW.

Castle location is indicated in dialogue as intended.
  • The link in the Town Cryer/Admiral Jack to the Jolly Roger combat wiki page is a broken link. 
    Kitiara said:
    The link in the Town Cryer/Admiral Jack to the Jolly Roger combat wiki page is a broken link. 
    Page will be live when the pub goes WW.
  • This may be hard to explain without spoilers, but I'll do my best.  

So far I've brought two of my characters through the quest far enough to be eligible for shrine battles.  While trying to get my third caught up I encountered a strange inconsistency that I also saw with one other player.  I'm in the fancy castle, and have followed all of the steps as I did the other two, and when I go to access the chest (with appropriate sheet and tool) it doesn't do anything.  So I left the castle, bought a new tool, went through the puzzle for another sheet (completed but didn't get one), and returned to the fancy castle.  This time, I was able to access the chest.  

Do some of the steps of the quest time out? This may be a confusing experience if someone hasn't already been through these steps of the quest.  
    @Turkish make sure you are standing close enough.
  • I was right next to it both times, I think.  A similar thing happened last night to another player.  I was there with her, and tried to let her use my tool and sheet since she didn't bring them - it didn't work.  She left, bought another one and brought her sheet (left that behind before, too).  It worked when she returned with the new items.  Maybe it has something to do with the tool? 

We also may not have been close enough, I don't recall well enough to verify. I can try to replicate with another character soon.  
    edited November 2019
    Turkish said:
    She left, bought another one and brought her sheet (left that behind before, too).  It worked when she returned with the new items.  Maybe it has something to do with the tool? 

We also may not have been close enough, I don't recall well enough to verify. I can try to replicate with another character soon.  
    The original tool you gave her, was it a  "fresh" tool or a converted tool?
  • Violet said:
    Turkish said:
    She left, bought another one and brought her sheet (left that behind before, too).  It worked when she returned with the new items.  Maybe it has something to do with the tool? 

Ah, I'm just now noticing the conversion.  I think it was a fresh tool, so that was probably the problem for both of us. 
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Turkish said:
    Violet said:
    Turkish said:

Ah, I'm just now noticing the conversion.  I think it was a fresh tool, so that was probably the problem for both of us. 
    The tool gets converted after using is successfully, so you will want to bring a fresh one to use. I'm also wondering if it's an Elf/Gargoyle vs JOAT issue -- what race were the characters that had trouble with it? Maybe it was failing to use and a few attempts were needed.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Khyro said:
    Turkish said:
    Violet said:
    Turkish said:

The tool gets converted after using is successfully, so you will want to bring a fresh one to use. I'm also wondering if it's an Elf/Gargoyle vs JOAT issue -- what race were the characters that had trouble with it? Maybe it was failing to use and a few attempts were needed.
    My character was human, I'm not sure what Amber's was.  My prior two characters were both Elves and had no issue.  

Ah yes! Make sure you are using a "fresh" tool and not one that has been "tuned" already.
  • I checked with Izumo Shard on 26/11/2019,
    “Tabard of Virtue” cannot be equipped in Gargoyle.
    The release notes are for all races, but is it a specification?
  • It's a shame we can't turn the drops in for blackthorn points.
    With Blackthorns dungeon down and all...

It's a shame we can't turn the drops in for blackthorn points.
    With Blackthorns dungeon down and all...
    Except you can still farm Captains in Blackthorns, that has not been removed....

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    edited November 2019
    I completed 8 shrines on Origin and went to the Anhk to get my tabard and got nothing.  I did 2 humility, 2 spirituality, one of each of valor, compassion, honesty, justice.  Do I have to page or is this broken.  @Kyronix
  • ZekeTerra said:
    *Looks for spoilers and doesn't find any*  - *goes back to lurking*

I did use a Yellow Mysterious Fragment at Compassion Shrine.  It sank into the ground and I received a Surge of Power.  I also now have a new Title:  The Compassionate

The ship on Ice Island looks very cool, but alas I did not have a blue gem.

Trying this out with a couple guildmates and we've run into the same issue. How do we start a spawn?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Ask Hawkwind :D
    I completed 8 shrines on Origin and went to the Anhk to get my tabard and got nothing.  I did 2 humility, 2 spirituality, one of each of valor, compassion, honesty, justice.  Do I have to page or is this broken.  @ Kyronix
    There’s currently an issue that will be resolved before WW, do 4 more and it should work.
  • Mariah said:
    Hawkwind where? Eodon gate? I understand some people want to figure this out on their own but this is labeled spoilers. If I don’t know how to start it, how can I test it? 

I’ll just wait for a spoiler guide.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    You start by reading the news on the town crier.
  • Mariah said:
    You start by reading the news on the town crier.
    First try we just put the fragment down at the compassion shrine and he got the title.

Second try we read the news then tried it in Brit and then the Compassion Shrine. Neither did anything. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Mariah said:
    Hawkwind where? Eodon gate? I understand some people want to figure this out on their own but this is labeled spoilers. If I don’t know how to start it, how can I test it? 

I’ll just wait for a spoiler guide.
    This is a thread for testing. He put spoilers in the title because some of the new parts need testing. He did not want to ruin someones experience by seeing the new parts.

So it's not a thread intended to give spoilers.  

If you are not getting a captain  when you plant a fragment, that may be a bug to describe here.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.