House replacement

So, I've hjeard this and that.
I've read, but not sure I trust it all lol.

From someone who has done it, is it really as easy as just using the sign?  You dont have to clear all the stuff out of the house, it goes into the crate and not out on the ground like a huge yard sale?

TIA for sharing your experiences

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    edited August 2019
    What do you mean by House replacement?  To convert a pre-built to a custom you need only remove some house add ons, mostly containers that are placed from deeds, also carpet tiles and crafted stone all else will go in the moving crate. This also applies to converting to the new castles and keeps
    House re-size counts as a demolish and all items not packed up will be thrown under the house sign.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Right.  I was considering going to one of the contest keeps, just wondering what I had to do to store all the crap in the keep I have now lol.

Sounds like it should be a simple change.  Thanks

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    @Mariah to confirm...

ALL crafted stone (walls and pavers) need to be removed before converting an existing castle to a prebuilt castle design via the Secure Replacement?

I understand Stewards, mannequins, deeded containers, and other "specialty" items need to be broken down as well. I didn't know carpet pieces do... how about goza?

I tested this on TC and the gozas and stone walls used in my designs were moved into the crate - albeit that thing was STUFFED after.

Just trying to decide if I _really_ want to change one of my castles... 
    simple.... not so simple.

so switching my castle is not an entirely difficult thing, getting all the house add-ons packed up is. 
    totally figuring out why I have so much gozas, that is another story!

• If you have any masonry blocks or extra rooms built, those must come down as well as all 'deed' items. But yes, it was that easy.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I actually opened a closed account to build a keep to take all the stuff I had to remove in order to do my castle. It is a pain taking all the stuff down, but in the end it was worth it...

Love having all the new space and being able to have a unique home...
    i just thank the gods for my second castle... a whole lot of goza and masonry blocks are in storage there now. debating whether to sell them off in lots or to save for when i reopen another account in the spring...
  • Mariah said:
    What do you mean by House replacement?  To convert a pre-built to a custom you need only remove some house add ons, mostly containers that are placed from deeds, also carpet tiles and crafted stone all else will go in the moving crate. This also applies to converting to the new castles and keeps
    House re-size counts as a demolish and all items not packed up will be thrown under the house sign.
    I think I understand this but one thing: do you get your purchase price back? Here's what I want to do:

Remove one customizable house completely (just a plot, not committed)
    Replace one customizable house with a classic (see above)
    Replace one classic house with a larger classic

So my understanding is that I am able to all these as planned and that I have one hour to set up the new. I will take everything out of the classic, just to be careful. Please let me know if I've missed something and, especially, about  getting the purchase price back.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I'm not sure why you plan to go through all those steps.
    choose 'resize' on the menu of the existing customizable house, replace with the larger classic.
  • Oh! Geez, thank you! I am still having a bit of a time adjusting to a ten year absence and all the new, sleek changes. That makes much more sense! Thank you for another pro tip!
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."