• Updates to Mannequin
  • Updates to Shrine Battles
  • Ultima Store Item - Pet Whistle

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Can we get some pet whistles on TC
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    When it comes up from the update, yes.
  • @Kyronix in the patch notes it states that the new Krampus: Based on player feedback new Krampus rewards are weighted as a higher chance than old Krampus rewards.  
    Can we PLEASE have this happen with the Artisan Festival items - PRETTY PLEASE :)
    @ZekeTerra - this was something we talked about internally.  We are too late into the game to that for the Artisan festival, however moving forward its a strategy we hope to implement for the next batch of themed rewards.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    @Kyronix

I love the tabards, but they unfortunately display my severe lack of sun exposure on the Enhanced Client...

Looks like the arm slot is being hidden when worn on the EC. Armor type doesn't seem to matter, those are Ringmail sleeves in the picture, but I went to a blacksmith and tried on a few other arm pieces and they all had the same issue.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• I saw that one Ankh was blank in the update, so I filled it in for you guys.  Thank you!  We all been waiting for this fix.  Great job!   ;)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Pet Whistle:

I linked my fire beetle to it

what exactly are we supposed to do with it?
    this is all i'm getting with it

Pet Whistle:

I linked my fire beetle to it

what exactly are we supposed to do with it?
    this is all i'm getting with it

I got that as well when I first tried it, I think it may be related to being in combat recently. I told my pet to 'All Stop' 'All Stay' and then the whistle worked for me.
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Thank you for making the water stay in the trough.
    love it, its awesome
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    • Based on player feedback the Krampus coin purse will now always contain a trinket
     <3 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2019
    Pet Whistle:

When you feed the pet you get this message also.

Pet Whistle:

1 week is too long.  My tamers have 40 pets each
    Everyone can hear my whistle, Correct?

For a Cu and some others:  The animations are not consistent. Attack is lunge forward but sometimes it shakes its head or drops head down.  The play dead is cool but it also will do other things instead.  (play dead is roll over for a Cu)

I think the animations are better on pets created Eodon forward.  Those are consistent it seems.
    Play dead still looks like roll over sometimes. (sometimes they stop in laying position sometimes they keep moving)

Reptalon, Bake Kitsune, Giant Beetle, Hiryus, Horses (didnt try palomino.) will do attack instead of play dead around 1 of 5 times. 

Triton,  Bake, horses do the best play dead!  The Reptalon and Hiryu do more of a back flip.
    Big Cats do everything awesome!!!!

Basically the pets that have an eating animation work fine. Yes I wore all my Halloween costumes and ate food last year.  

So, you can tell this is right up my ally.  Thanks for The Pet Whistle!  @Kyronix and team!  I love it!

Can't wait to kill those little minions!

@Cinderella I crashed badly while I was talking to you sorry.  Thanks for showing me other pet type.
    (my horse shot down the hill and when I went to get it everything shut down)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

love the whistle

@Pawain its ok.
    I patched up a couple of times after that, thinking that was the cause.
    Thank you for telling me to tell it to all stop all stay.

Kyronix said:
    @ ZekeTerra - this was something we talked about internally.  We are too late into the game to that for the Artisan festival, however moving forward its a strategy we hope to implement for the next batch of themed rewards.

WOOT
    I was hoping you would continue to do the Artisan Festival.
    Since this was a collection of the same items... with the same gift box...
    I would like to suggest next time 
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    @khyro , there's a laundry list of issues with how EC layers armor pieces and makes random bits invisible. Sad to see this happening here as well. :(
  • Based on player feedback removed the SoT, SoA, and PS books as rewards

I was going to work towards getting these, ugh.. =/

• tasogarejctasogarejc Posts: 1
    edited November 2019

The Captain and Monsters of Shrine Battle can follow me forever, for example from Justice to yew.
    I think that we can intentional MPK by using this behavior.
    And I also think that we may not be able to find and kill the Captains if someone pull them to far away.

I would like you to add the Captains an ability what to teleport back to the shrine ankh if they go some distance away from shrine, just like Captains of Blackthorn dungeon.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    mannequin note:
    has always been a major pita to get jewelry off of the mannequin in the CC
    is it possible to update the paperdoll so we can see the slots/spaces for those hard to grab item - especially the ring and bracelet??

Based on player feedback removed the SoT, SoA, and PS books as rewards

I was going to work towards getting these, ugh.. =/

What shard do you need those on? We have scores of them.
    edited November 2019
    This is posted under General Discussion (https://forum.uo.com/discussion/5327/a-question-about-ec-settings-please), but I feel it should be noted here as well.

Many gumps on the EC are now transparent with no option to toggle it off. The "Use Transparent Gump" toggle works correctly for the Mannequin compare gump, but the fix for this seems to have broken every other gump.

It seems any gump the EC uses that is not redone in XML has this issue (so basically all default CC gumps that the EC uses).

Transparent gumps can be so hard to read, I don't know how CC users do it if this is what they deal with.

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited November 2019
    Have the new weights for the Krampus rewards been put in yet?

Did Krampus tonight with 5:
    Recipe: Krampus Minion Hat
    Reward title: Nice
    Reward title: Punisher
    Recipe: Krampus Minion Boots

(if it has been put in, the coin purse isn't weighted to be an old reward is it?)

I know single kills don't make a test and uo is streaky. Would just be nice to confirm new drops are indeed dropping without sinking a bunch of time into the testing.
    edited November 2019
    ZekeTerra said:
    @ Kyronix in the patch notes it states that the new Krampus: Based on player feedback new Krampus rewards are weighted as a higher chance than old Krampus rewards.  
    Can we PLEASE have this happen with the Artisan Festival items - PRETTY PLEASE :)
    For anyone new to the Artisan Festival, the rewards are based on your character's Karma; green for positive, red for negative. This cuts every character's potential reward pool in half. If you are after a certain reward, make sure to set your Karma before you claim your gift from the tree.

That is still 32 items for the dice to roll on, tho, if you are only wanting the 2 new ones - so I am with Zeke on weighting new drops in the future!
    Khyro said:
    Many gumps on the EC are now transparent with no option to toggle it off. The "Use Transparent Gump" toggle works correctly for the Mannequin compare gump, but the fix for this seems to have broken every other gump.

It seems any gump the EC uses that is not redone in XML has this issue (so basically all default CC gumps that the EC uses).

Transparent gumps can be so hard to read, I don't know how CC users do it if this is what they deal with.

This is what my EC looks like, and there is no ''safe'' place to put gumps. That black space off to the right is reserved for party health bars and is not large enough anyway. Transparency causes eye strain after a while. I am with Khyro... I have no idea how CC players can do that for long if that is what they see. I know the Devs have gone home to their lives and I don't want them clocking into a panicked EC mob. However...

If this was intended, then it needs a toggle in options.

If it is an unintended side-effect, then it needs to be addressed.
    edited November 2019
    Violet said:

(if it has been put in, the coin purse isn't weighted to be an old reward is it?)

I know single kills don't make a test and uo is streaky. Would just be nice to confirm new drops are indeed dropping without sinking a bunch of time into the testing.
    Maybe a clicky somewhere like the Shrine Battles that will spawn Krampus on demand? Except I think each char needs to have done at least one trade run to get a drop, or has very very low chance at it. But at least we could get a group, each do one run, then clicky. Spawning Krampus does not need to be tested, I think, just the new shinies.
  • from Shrine Battles.

Three masters will appear, but two of them will drop the MAF and the last one will drop nothing.

I tried it in two places.

veterinary meister
    Violet said:

Should of made it clear - the weighting applies to the Krampus Coin Purse.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

The text entry fields of the new vendor search gump in the EC are extremely hard to read. Instead of using white as a font color please use a darker font color for better contrast.

• Anyone know if the tabards will have properties?
    ZekeTerra said:
    Anyone know if the tabards will have properties?
    only thing we know so far...

• I thought I had seen that somewhere, thanks @Cinderella   My guess is the Tabard since it's a Robe Slot Item, but....
    edited November 2019
    You can dye both the Tabard and Cloak.  Speculating: The tabard will take the stats of Hawkwinds.  Maybe the Cloak will take the stats of any cloak.

They look good together the cloak dyes darker.   
    They do not look good with Cuffs of the Archmage! But you can wear a fancy of elf shirt to cover the arms but the armor shows over it.

I can change my look:   My glasses will now show up and I can dye my hair and see it.

I can dig it.  I like em.