Gargoyle Flight Paths

Has there ever been an explanation as to why these have been disabled?

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited November 2019

Which flight paths and shard?  I just did a full circuit of the flight path towers on Atlantic.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I am on Napa Valley.  I have tried the ones around the Royal City and those in Underworld and the Abyss... none of them allow me to pass as a flying gargoyle...
    I just logged on a gargoyle to ATL and could not access any of the flight paths there either...
    Are you turning on gargoyle flight mode?  When I first tried the flight paths years ago I was not turning on flight mode and would just fall from the towers.  What I mean by flight mode is clicking on the character abilities book in your paper doll and selecting the flying icon.

• Tried them on Atlantic and Napa Valley, no issues with either.

fly.JPG 97.8K
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• What are "gargoyle flight paths"?

They are invisible paths in the sky that gargoyles can access from special towers in Ter Mur and the Abyss. They allow gargoyles to fly high over the ground including rivers and mountains much like air plane flight paths. People and mobs on the ground can not attack or be attacked. They are a quick way of getting around.
    @Mariah, could you update that page to say that inorder to use the aerial paths the gargoyle needs to be in flying mode?  Knowing that would have saved me a lot of trial and error.
    Hmm... seems to be a client issue??  I play in CC and cannot access them.  I patched up the EC and they work just fine.  Anyone else able to get them to work in CC?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    TimSt said:
    @ Mariah, could you update that page to say that inorder to use the aerial paths the gargoyle needs to be in flying mode?  Knowing that would have saved me a lot of trial and error.
    Yes I can do that.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    edited November 2019
    @Merus do you have flight animations toggled off in the client?
    Kyronix said:
    @ Merus do you have flight animations toggled off in the client?
    No sir.

@kyronix,   I am able to repro the issue using the classic client.  It does not repro in the enhanced client which is what I normally use.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Thanks, will pass it along to QA for a fix.
  • They have still not been fixed as of yet :(