Pads of the Cu

So back in 2005 when ML came out there were very few items that used the foot slot.  Having the pads so humans could ride Cu's wasn't a big deal.  Now days there are quite a few artifacts that use this slot.  I am wondering if I am the only one who would like to see both races be able to mount the Cu without having to worry about pads?

1. Time to remove the restriction?14 votes
    1. Yup, time let em ride.
      21.43%
    2. No, I like the trade off.
      78.57%

Comments

• CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Just race change your elf. Good to go
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited October 2019
    Only if Elf's get JOAT. :P

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    MissE said:
    Only if Elf's get JOAT. :P
    Elves are still the only ones who can tame them.
    Cazador said:
    Just race change your elf. Good to go
    I have several elf tamers... but my original character from 98 is human... staying human too.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    edited October 2019
    i would prefer the races just be blended into a master race - im saying i want to be able to ride a cu on a human with gargoyle wings and perpetual nightsight- and not have to alter any armor
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I voted for removing the need to wear the pads. However it would be fine to also just add a highly desirable mount that only humans can tame and ride (elves can ride if they wear pads of *insert creature name*)
    What about a new recipe that would allow us to merge the pads with the other footwear of our choice to keep both the mods and the ability to ride a Cu?  @Kyronix
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2019
    Merus said:
    What about a new recipe that would allow us to merge the pads with the other footwear of our choice to keep both the mods and the ability to ride a Cu?  @ Kyronix
    Krampus cu boots
    like the sound of that
  • KitiaraKitiara Posts: 63
    Merus said:
    What about a new recipe that would allow us to merge the pads with the other footwear of our choice to keep both the mods and the ability to ride a Cu?  @ Kyronix
    I like that idea... kind of along the same lines as some of the new Forsaken Foes recipes that let you craft an updated take on an old favorite. 
  • Maybe add Peredhil as a race option. can ride Cu's but are easier to dismount, only get 10 for JOAT can carry more than an ELF but less than a human no mana boost. We could discuss the other limitations/boosts, but you get the idea.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• I would be very much in favour of this, one would put the possibility to ride a Cu as a human on another slot, e. g. on the Sash Slot. Tamer equipment also consists mainly of Luck Armor and I'm thinking here of the 80 Luck sandals or the Minax sandals with 150 Luck that you could wear if you didn't have to put on the pads ;) .

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)