Slim Shadow Veill drop is Broken.

CentuCentu Posts: 14
edited October 2019 in Bugs
Ok, before I get roasted read what I have to say.  
Total runs so far: 7200.  Yes that is 7,200 not a typo,  Started keeping a text file with a counter.
Number of Rares Dropped So far:
Statue #1 - ITEM ID 0x139C:  6
Statue #2 - Item ID 0x139B:  3
Statue  #3 - ITEM ID 0x139A: 5
Statue #4 - Item ID 0x139D: 2
Slim The fence little black book 0xFBE: 20
Expired Voucher for a free drink 0x14ED: 20

Cruelty Drops:  These are Mempo that have dropped but are not the Slims Shadow Veil.
Plate Mail Mempo - Item ID 0x2779:  13
Leather Mempo - Item ID 0x277A:  2
Studded Mempo - Item ID 0x279D: 6

Now to why I believe this drop is broken:
I have never seen a real Slim Shadow Veil, but from all the research I have done, the last confirmed post of one dropping is in 2016.

The Item ID for Slim Shadow Veil corresponds to the Item ID of the Studded Mempo  Should Artifacts share the same ITEM ID?  This is an actual question, I would think that since it is a rare with its own name it should have some sort of unique ID.

I am at about 7200 runs so far, and know if a few others that have are actively trying to get one of these that combined between all of us must have close or more than 20k runs in the last month.

Can we have @Kyronix please check with the developers that the loot table for this quest is correct and a typo from a late night has maybe not made this item impossible to get.

Thank You

I have screenshots of all I listed here if you need to confirm

1. Do you agree that the drop is broken and would like Developers to respond?12 votes
    1. Yes
      91.67%
    2. No
        8.33%

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    You did a very thorough investigation!  Good Luck
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    It's a 1/10,000 drop rate, so you are almost there! 
  • @Mesanna sounds like you scored a scripter this month
    @ Mesanna sounds like you scored a scripter this month

Or someone that plays a lot more than you do.  Jealous?
  • Pawain said:

He admitted to it in the original post. He edited it after i commented!
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    I did an attempt to try this about two years ago, about 300-350 rounds and I spendt entire days doing nothing but this. Id say anyone who do this in the numbers of thousands is scripting it.
    I just dont buy the argument that "someone has alot more time to play"

I dont mind it being rare, but anyone doing 7k runs or even 10k runs is alone is just silly
    (yea maybe of a period of 3 years OK, but not in two month)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Can we please discuss the item's apparent rarity and not whether anyone is or is not scripting?  That issue is not something to deal with here.

Thank you.
  • asunaasuna Posts: 35
    from what i was told a very long time ago slim is on a similar point system as fish monger and a certain ammount of points must be gotten to even roll on the slims veil similar to the 120fishing. can anyone confirm? in our group we are probably around 50,000 deals completed over the last few years. using 2 accounts anyone can easily complete 10-30 runs per hour depending on travel distance.
  • If only the orders with 5 x 20 items make you eligible for the drop , or the ones close to it (similar to 120 fishing scroll) its a 1 chance in 1000 to get a perfect 5 x 20s items order. Then if they made it in 1 chance in 10 on those orders only it becomes 1 in 10k chance. If they put 1 chance in 100 on those orders only, its a 1 in 100k drop then. The thing tho with fishing orders, you can push and predict the # of fish on each orders, you can grind high orders much easier. The traders quests tho it seems it's always random numbers on each item per order.
    In my opinion putting such a rare drop item in the game is just screaming for scripters, if it's being scripted. And the devs acts like usual mysterious and not giving us any number on drop rate im so tired of that bs***. Mysterious fragments mysterious this, and that.
  • CentuCentu Posts: 14
    edited October 2019
    Pawain said:

He admitted to it in the original post. He edited it after i commented
    !Just FYI, you can not edit a post after it has been commented on.  I was actually going to update the tallies and it will not let me.  Do you have anything constructive to add to the discussion?
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Silly question time. 
    What item are you talking about?  I have never heard of "Shadow Vail" and can't find anything on my go to web sites.
    Tim said:
    Silly question time. 
    What item are you talking about?  I have never heard of "Shadow Vail" and can't find anything on my go to web sites.
    You can read up on it here:
    http://www.uoguide.com/Traders_Quest

• The Veil is far too rare. It’s things like this, random resources, etc that encourage scripting. The rate should be dramatically increased or create a doom style point system for it. 
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Oh thanks   :)
  • MournMourn Posts: 2
    If only the orders with 5 x 20 items make you eligible for the drop , or the ones close to it (similar to 120 fishing scroll) its a 1 chance in 1000 to get a perfect 5 x 20s items order. Then if they made it in 1 chance in 10 on those orders only it becomes 1 in 10k chance. If they put 1 chance in 100 on those orders only, its a 1 in 100k drop then. The thing tho with fishing orders, you can push and predict the # of fish on each orders, you can grind high orders much easier. The traders quests tho it seems it's always random numbers on each item per order.
    In my opinion putting such a rare drop item in the game is just screaming for scripters, if it's being scripted. And the devs acts like usual mysterious and not giving us any number on drop rate im so tired of that bs***. Mysterious fragments mysterious this, and that.

I would love to see some data, or hear certain actions are required before spending time grinding this! 5x20 orders? Have to kill spawn? Have to spend more than whatever time, or travel so far? 
  • Mariah said:
    Can we please discuss the item's apparent rarity and not whether anyone is or is not scripting?  That issue is not something to deal with here.

Thank you.
    I have run this trade route close to 100 times myself, no drop.  Have run it with other players simultaneously and they did not get the item either.
  • MournMourn Posts: 2
    I’ve heard more theories on this than the JFK assassination <span>:wink:</span>
  • I will be happy if they can just confirm it s not broken,  Can't believe that the last confirmed drop was in 2016.  Seems like a waste of time not knowing if the item might have been retired.
  • asuna said:
    from what i was told a very long time ago slim is on a similar point system as fish monger and a certain ammount of points must be gotten to even roll on the slims veil similar to the 120fishing. can anyone confirm? in our group we are probably around 50,000 deals completed over the last few years. using 2 accounts anyone can easily complete 10-30 runs per hour depending on travel distance.
    so 10 per hour takes 720 hours to get 7200
    30 per hour takes  240 hours

if we assume 30 days in a month, that's an average of 8-24 hours per day, for 30 days straight, as implied by the original poster. add in sleep, and a full time job, these numbers are impossible to obtain manually...
  • asuna said:

if we assume 30 days in a month, that's an average of 8-24 hours per day, for 30 days straight, as implied by the original poster. add in sleep, and a full time job, these numbers are impossible to obtain manually...
    Yes but is it the player's fault or the devs fault at this point, that even with these numbers, players arnt getting the darn drop in question. If I follow you, you want the drop even harder to get? what's your purpose in this thread? 
    asuna said:

There are players that put in 8 to 10 hours a day on UO.  I work and play 6 to 8 a day easily. Weekends can be more than 12 on Sat.  I sleep 6 hours a night unless I play for an extra hour.
  • asuna said:

Yes but is it the player's fault or the devs fault at this point, that even with these numbers, players arnt getting the darn drop in question. If I follow you, you want the drop even harder to get? what's your purpose in this thread? 
    My purpose on this thread is pointing out that the slim's mempo is worth as much gold as it is because of how rare it is. The only people complaining about the drop rate are the people who want to me farming it to make lots of fast cash without realizing that increasing the drop rate will decrease the price. If on average, it takes someone about 6 months to farm a blaze Cu, we should stop defending someone who's complaining that they didn't get one after script farming 24/7 for an entire month as they stated in the original post along with the math from his guildmate Asuna...
  • Stop defending ? Listen we just want an answer from a dev just saying and confirming it is not broken , it still drop 1 in 10k That's it
    I am still unsure of your presence here, sorry.
    Centu OP want it for himself for his template, again you are wrong, he's not going to sell for fast cash, anyway by the time we speak he probly gave up on it, because it seems broken.
    @quickblade ,  I learned a long time ago not to waste my time trying to argue with a troll.  They will derail the conversation and bring no value to the discussion. 

Now only if @Bleak or one of the Devs can give us a few minutes of their time.
    edited October 2019
    asuna said:

My purpose on this thread is pointing out that the slim's mempo is worth as much gold as it is because of how rare it is. The only people complaining about the drop rate are the people who want to me farming it to make lots of fast cash without realizing that increasing the drop rate will decrease the price. If on average, it takes someone about 6 months to farm a blaze Cu, we should stop defending someone who's complaining that they didn't get one after script farming 24/7 for an entire month as they stated in the original post along with the math from his guildmate Asuna...

Bad example you can tame 300 Cu per day for a Month and get a Blaze. We have had 4 in the last year spawn on LS.  They tame, rename, release. Repeat. I could not do this.  But I talk to the ones that do and I have a nice selection of other color Cus. Clearly few do this.  The ones that did this on LS dont play any more. Prob burned out.

Someone gave me 60k sand they mined in 3 days.  Another thing I would not do. 

You sound like a teenager that only knows their tiny world and says everybody does _____.  Cause thats all they experience from their friends.
  • Real_ChargarReal_Chargar Posts: 13
    edited October 2019
    Pawain said:
    Bad example you can tame 300 Cu per day for a Month and get a Blaze. We have had 4 in the last year spawn on LS.  They tame, rename, release. Repeat. I could not do this.  But I talk to the ones that do and I have a nice selection of other color Cus. Clearly few do this.  The ones that did this on LS dont play any more. Prob burned out.

Someone gave me 60k sand they mined in 3 days.  Another thing I would not do. 

You sound like a teenager that only knows their tiny world and says everybody does _____.  Cause thats all they experience from their friends.
    You can also farm 300 cus per day and not get one for over 6 months (as has happened to some of my guildies).

My point is, there's certain items that the devs have deemed extremely rare, and have seen posts previously stating that the drop rate for slim's shadow veil is lower than that of a blaze cu, so the fact that she hasn't gotten one in an entire month isn't to the point that needs dev intervention.

Remember, RNG doesn't mean that 1/10,000 rarity guarantees you'll get 1 in 10,000
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    You can still obtain Slim's Shadow Veil so long as you aren't using a moongate.
    Kyronix said:
    You can still obtain Slim's Shadow Veil so long as you aren't using a moongate.
    @Kyronix, can we assume your answer means that it has been verified as not broken?  So just keep grinding?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Yes.
    Thank You