Japanese Players

@Mesanna, are there any plans to offer any kind of relief for Japanese players as a result of Typhoon Hagibis?  From what I've heard/read, evacuation orders have been issued for much of the Tokyo region, affecting tens of millions of people.  Can you at least perhaps turn off IDOCs for a while for these players?  

Comments

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Why? there is  90 day grace period if they can't find a way to pay before the acct goes dormant.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited October 2019
    It's been done before and really it IS the right thing to do.  Here's one recent example from when Hurricane Harvey hit Texas: https://uo.com/2017/09/01/turning-off-housing-decay-for-the-month-of-september/   

This was the thread on Stratics discussing the possibility of it happening back then, plus the comments from players after the dev team went ahead and turned off housing decay:  https://stratics.com/threads/%E2%96%92-something-to-consider-%E2%96%92-need-your-opinion.391409/   
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     And all of that said it should not have been done there are still correct.  Catering to the 90 day betters is not the right thing to do.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Margrette said:
    It's been done before and really it IS the right thing to do.  Here's one recent example from when Hurricane Harvey hit Texas: https://uo.com/2017/09/01/turning-off-housing-decay-for-the-month-of-september/   

Unfortunately, it’s a feel good move without a lot of substance.

turning off decay for Harvey was just that.  They turned it off, but the clock was still ticking, and there was lot of people that didn’t understand that the 90 days was still counting down in that month.  What was the result?  For the next three months people thought they had a month more than what they had and players lost a lot of houses as a result.

hurricanes aren’t a sudden occurrence like an earthquake or tornado, people see it coming or least see a possible potential of it coming and some personal responsibility needs to happen especially for those that play the 90 day game.

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Let's not forget how far we've come. I remember when you had to renew houses just like ships. We got to stop using house key to refresh our housing so service members shipped out for the first gulf war wouldn't lose their houses.

Not too sure how this effects the topic under discussion but I find it a different perspective on this and the IDoC topics.

I would like to point out though I use the auto recurring credit card charge option so this is not an issue. (or more likely my bad memory)

Hope everybody is Safe in Japan and this is their most pressing problem.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    1 month stop of IDOC isnt much if your house is gone due to a typhon, maybe a year would help to rebuild the house lol

But I guess the same could have been asked for the california wildfires, Im sure theres some california players too.

Remember folks, any UO house that drops, any player that is lost, is not only a revenue loss but also a loss for the community of UO. That way we want to help people out the best we can.