possible gift idea?

I recently acquired a castle which, like some RL castles now, I'm decorating as an 'event venue' rather than a home. One of the things I've done is make a chess board on the roof:

However I'm now trying to decide what to use for chess men, most things I can think of can't be rotated, and if they can it's only south or east.  It got me thinking - if one of the things we could claim from holiday tokens sometime was a chess piece, about the size of the craftable tower sculpture https://uo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/tower_sculpture.gif
fully rotatable so they could be turned to face each other, and dyable with plant dyes,  so we could make the two sides. 
How many would like to see that as a gift?

In the meantime, anyone have suggestions - not including mega rares I'll never be able to get - or should I just forget chess and make it a draughts/checkers board instead?

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Maybe some of the different style vases.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I always wanted to make one out of Veteran Reward statues, never could acquire enough. Skeletons make good black side pawns.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    my castle is currently Dot Warner's and has the chess board on the roof.
    I set it up like that deco wise with mannequins...
    but wanted to change it to monsters... they can be dyed.
    I was thinking Medusa as the "Queen"
    but have never gotten around to it...

the first time I saw the chess game (provisioner sells it)
    I thought to myself that would be awesome if they were huge.
    kinda like in Harry Potter