Treasure Map bug?

I'm in this situation when trying to dig up the treasure chest:
double click shovel
target the map (circle appear)
target the ground….yes circle in Classic no circle in Enanched!!! and no possibility to dig.
Why? My mistake or...

Thx for support.

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    In EC, are you actually 2clicking the shovel, then map, or using a macro?
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I can’t remember off the top of my head all the messages, but a couple thoughts:

Have you decoded the map?
    Are you sure your targeting the ground and not a tree branch that might be difficult to see (maybe trans circle)?
    Are you standing close enough to the spot you wish to dig?
    Is the terrain level, no hills or cliffs blocking view?
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    "yes circle in Classic no circle in Enanched!!!"

Circle of transparency is in EC, its different though.  The one is CC is better...idk why its different. Is that what you were referring to?
  • dvvid said:

Circle of transparency is in EC, its different though.  The one is CC is better...idk why its different. Is that what you were referring to?
    i'm taking them to mean no targeting reticle in the EC meaning they cannot target anything. i guess we'll need the message after targeting the map in EC to discover the issue.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Nimrud said:
    double click shovel
    target the ground….yes circle in Classic no circle in Enanched!!! and no possibility to dig.
    Why? My mistake or...

Thx for support.

You need to tell them what message you get after each thing you do.

Doubleclick shovel or Pick, what does the message say?  Etc.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Merus said:
    I can’t remember off the top of my head all the messages, but a couple thoughts:

Have you decoded the map?
    Are you sure your targeting the ground and not a tree branch that might be difficult to see (maybe trans circle)?
    Are you standing close enough to the spot you wish to dig?
    Is the terrain level, no hills or cliffs blocking view?
    Yes I perform in the correct way all the actions. In the same place with Enhanced  no circle to dig, yes in Classic .
  • Pawain said:
    Nimrud said:
    double click shovel
    Why? My mistake or...

Thx for support.

You need to tell them what message you get after each thing you do.

Doubleclick shovel or Pick, what does the message say?  Etc.

On the shovel: where do you want to dig?
    On the map: where shall you dig for your treasure?
    At this point there is not the circle to utilize for the dig.... only in Enhanced,
  • dvvid said:

• Im not speaking about the circle of transparence , but of the cursor to utilize for digging the ground.
    Is this one that does not appear playing in Enhanced. Sorry for my mistake.
  • It appears in the EC as well. Try this: drop your digging tool into a hotbar spot then right click the spot with the tool and select target then stored then click your map. (Must be using EC type targeting system not classic type targeting) then click the hotbar and see what happens

• It appears in the EC as well. Try this: drop your digging tool into a hotbar spot then right click the spot with the tool and select target then stored then click your map. (Must be using EC type targeting system not classic type targeting) then click the hotbar and see what happens

• Bravo, good idea…...but it does not work. NP, i'll continue to play in Classic. I play in Enhanced only to find locations for treasure on the ground, when near to the location logout enhanced and login Classic. Ths for your support.
  • You are welcome, my last suggestion is to page a GM (do it monday through friday is possible)

• You are welcome, my last suggestion is to page a GM (do it monday through friday is possible)

• To page a GM it's a long long way...too much time in front of the PC waiting someone who will arrive in 1 or 10 hours. Not for me, my past experiences...negative due to the long time of waiting.
    NP, thx again.
  • no need to wait in front of it,  they'll take care of it while you are logged off as well.

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited September 2019
    The Circle of Transparency has nothing to do with the chest location other than to show you where you are and let you see under trees and behind buildings, correct? 
    Since the first publish on the Tmap updates there are a lot more areas where you cannot dig or cast, it seems the trees and objects grew. 
    Just keep trying different locations in a circle around you and then move a step or two and try again, rinse repeat until you find the location and bear in mind the Davey's lockers coordinates are off sometimes quite a lot. 
    Note: If you use EC with Pinco's the x is exactly where the chest is every time except if it has been taken out of the Davey's Locker in the last few minutes.
  • The Circle of Transparency has nothing to do with the chest location other than to show you where you are and let you see under trees and behind buildings, correct? 
  • Yes correct. The problem it's not the circle of transparency, it's the fact that after the first click on the shovel and an other click (with the cursor that appears correctly) on the map, NOT APPEAR THE CURSOR to open the possibility to dig for the treasure.
  • NimrudNimrud Posts: 60
    The SOLUTION. After several months w/o playing the Treasure Hunter PG, today I decide to find some treasures from new maps. Causally i've click the right key of my mouse on the map and….
    the script "dig for treasure?" appear on the screen, click on…. and the circle magically appears to give me the possibility to dig the ground! This in Enhanced, but it's work also in Classic. Great.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I've found that if you click to dig on a tree or bush it tries to dig at the base of the object, sometimes far away from were you intended. Circle of transparency lets you see and click on the ground around you.